Thread: Intervention Order Hearing was today, now DS & myself have an order against us

Default Intervention Order Hearing was today, now DS & myself have an order against us

What a day, the hearing was scheduled for 9.30a.m, we didn't leave until 4.30p.m. Firstly I was called in to speak to a Mediator after the other party. She told me that the boys mother would like to talk to me, she wanted me to dismiss the order on her son if he would make a promise that nothing further would happen. The Mediator also said that the boy has admitted to throwing the containers with rocks, setting our letterbox on fire but to nothing else. I said I wasn't happy with a promise, and wanted to go ahead with the Order. She said in that case the matter would be adjourned as we would both need legal representation. I was happy with that. While we were waiting to be called for the adjournment I could see her filling out paperwork. I then got called up to the counter and was told I was being served with an Intervention Order and DS also. What a joke, I just couldn't believe it. I still don't beleive it. We finally got called in and the Judge asked whether we had seen a Mediator to which I replied yes but was not happy with the conditions. He went on about Mediation being the best option and asked us both to speak to the Mediator once again. Now I felt that this was my only option so spoke to her again, she has arranged for myself and the boys mother to speak to a different Mediator next Wednesday and return to Court in September. All of the Orders have been suspended until then. I just so wanted to speak my case, I came all prepared and once I read the Order against myself and DS made notes of all the discrepencies, the dates were wrong and few other things. Wasn't able to say a word. Sorry this is so long, my head is all over the place. Thanks for reading.

Regards,
    Dianne

Oh hun this sux I have no advice, just my support for you and your DS

Oh, what a disappointment.

And how ridiculous of the other mother, considering that she encouraged you to go for the order in the first place.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Hugs how dissapointing and rediculous. What does she think she is doing childish games.

wouldn't they have to have a reason for an IO against you and your DS? And I thought the other kids mum was the one who said to go ahead with lodging one against her own son! Hope it gets sorted out, I don't see why you should have an order whacked on you when you never did anything wrong!

I would have done the same though...a 'promise' from this kid doesn't seem like it would mean much.

She sure did tell me to go ahead with the order, thanks I'd forgotten that, now have noted that down too. In the Order she said that I went to her house screaming screaming at 2.00a.m and scared her 80yr old neighbour. I did go to her house but was definately not screaming. She got the dates wrong, I am falsely accusing her son, whereas this morning he admitted once again to throwing the containers so how is that false accusation. On DS's order she said he has been throwing rocks on her roof, banging on her windows in the early hours of the morning and made a death threat to her son. I have spoken to DS and said none of this is true, if it was true surely she would have rang the police as I did, and apparently all this has been going on for 3mths. She never mentioned any of this to me the times I went to her house. So obviously no proof is needed when applying for an Intervention Order.

Regards,
    Dianne

I'm 100% sure that if I had of agreed to dismiss the Order she wouldn't have put one on us. Just vendictive in my mind.

Regards,
    Dianne

Aw no this is all a bit much

What the? she is being rediculous. Hopefully the court can see this and dismisses the IO.

looks like with that family the apple doesnt fal far from the tree

really sucks

I believe that she doesn't need too much info for a IO but to get it thought court she needs lots of proof - so really you will beat her in that instance

Oh Di that really sucks and I hate that she is trying to use the system against you. She is obviously use to manipulating situations, stay strong - the truth will win out

I'm 100% sure that if I had of agreed to dismiss the Order she wouldn't have put one on us. Just vendictive in my mind.
    Maybe, but maybe not. Can you imagine if you had agreed not to do it and then she went ahead and put one on you anyway?
    Big hugs. So sorry you are going through this.

Thanks all, I've been jotting things down all day today as they pop into my head. I'm thinking of getting a solicitor for when we go back to Court in September.

Regards,
    Dianne

Dianne, I would definitely be talking to a lawyer to get this done properly.

I'm really sorry that you are dealing with this. I cannot believe that they are reacting in such a (imo) ridiculous way. i can understand that she wants to protect her son, but imo this is not really protecting him, but rather supporting him and his behaviour. I'm sorry xx i really had hope the the hearing would bring some resolution for you guys. i hope your son is holding up ok. not a great thing to have to deal with for such a young lad