Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's all gone wrong

your doing a great job! xoxoxox

I have been following your threads on this and have not commented as i really dont have any advice on eating disorders but i just wanted to say that you are doing a fantastic job in supporting and helping your daughter.

Hi, I really feel for you, I have had problem with my teenage DD nothing close to what you are going through......Is she still having AF??? I guess that's a good thing? Means she is still eating enough to fuel her body. Wishing you loads of strength I hope you can get some great professional help and quickly. xxxxxx

Oh hun, I just wanted to send you hugs. It must be really difficult for you and your family.

Being a teenager these days is really hard, peer pressure is nothing like it used to be back in our days. Having to look, talk and act a certain way, have all the latest gadgets, loads of money etc.. I don't know how these kids cope with the bombardment of media.

All you can do is be very supportive of your little girl, be a friend at certain times and a mother at certain times.

Thinking of you.

Just another one who wants to drop in and give some

Thank you so much ladies. The latest update is YAY she has put on 1.4kg in a fortnight. We all breathed a sigh of relief as you can imagine. She is feeling better in herself too. I think some of it was she had gotten herself into something and didnt' know how to get out (had a scumbag asking for nude photos of her so he could **** over them). We solved that for her by taking her mobile phone and cutting off her internet access. She wasn't happy at first but now is ok about it. Her attitude still leaves something to be desired lol but one thing at a time. We are still looking at changing schools but the one we wanted to get her into isn't accepting enrolments atm. Still looking for the next one.

I have stopped being so hard on myself. My dr told me none of this was my fault and that there is nothing I can do unless Sarah wants my help. I realise that I don't have it so bad compared to some (like a g/f of mine in Sydney) so am not stressing as much. I will tackle things as they come up.

Again ladies thanks so much for the hugs and support, I still need them when I have bad days xx

First i want to send you a great big sqeashy hug and secondly to say thats great that she has gained this fortnight my cousin went through years of anerexia and self harm behaviours and it was the hardest thing to watch so i could only imagine the heart ache you are feeling right now i know with my cousin she was hopistalized for months at a time with a NG tube basically force feed nutients .. her treatments over the years were gruelling and emotionally draining for all of her family BUT she started to get better very very slowly but she did get better i suppose what i am trying to say is it may be a long hard road but you will come through this journey together and i wanted to wish you and your family the best of wishes and a shoulder any time

Thumbs up More support, go mum!

Hi
    Just to let you know, I wish I could help you too. It's a really tough sitiation you're in with your daughter.
    I'm a physio and worked at a psychiatric hospital where girls with eating disorders were admitted. I worked as part of a team with psychiatrists, dietitians etc, but really the dietician played a small part. The girls often knew exactly the number of calories in any given amount of any food. The physiotherapy helped them with body image, and body perception. Many of them love working out (to loose weight, obviously) so we'd encourage them to use their body in a beneficial way, and to feel what goes on in the body when they use it. Many also suffer from anxiety and many of the physical symptoms here are the same as with exercise. Sweating, pulse up etc. Anyway, just letting you know that there's many professions that can help, but I don't think just one has the answer. It really needs to be a combined effort. Re. costs, maybe Centrelink could help?
    Also, DON?T stop talking to her about sex. If she hasn't had sex already, she probably will within the next couple of years and it's so important that she knows you're there to talk to. Tell her that you'll never be angry or dissapointed in her, whatever she has done, then she'll be more likely to come to you, even if she knows she's done something less fortunate...
    Please don't stop writing in here if that helps you, I'm sure there's quite a few of us that'll try to help you out.
    If you haven't googled it, I'm sure there'll be a plethora of chatrooms out there for parents with kids with eating disorders, that might help too?
    All the best
    Christine

Go mum!

Thanks Shazz and Christine, having support from people on here is making it easier to cope with. We have had some more good news, she has put on another .8kg. So over the last month has put on 2.2kgs. She still looks scarily thin and when I hug her it feels like she will snap in two but I'm encouraged by the weight gain.

My gp was very concerned and tried to get her into a psych therapy unit but they told him she wasn't severe enough. They also told him that it sounds like she has ODD and so I should just ignore her. I don't care what they say I can't ignore it and hope it goes away. We are getting her into a counsellor closer to home and still going with my gp and dietician as they seem to be working. I think she is feeling better too after having her mobile and the internet taken off her. Less stress to deal with iykwim.

Tomorrow she goes to have the implanon implant put in. I'm still not sure that is the right way to go but I suppose better safe than sorry.

Again a huge thank you to all for the hugs and support. I will keep you posted on any new updates

Great news Kim..I hope she continues to put on weight.

Well done honey. I know it's a struggle, but you are doing the best you can. Well done!

Thumbs up well done

...on gaining weight! I can?t understand why your GP would choose to ignore OCD, if that?s what she's suffering from?
    Anyway, well done with the weight, I hope you'll continue to see progress, and to get the relevant help.

Kim, maybe get her a copy of "Bronte's Story" which is written by Bronte Cullis, the girl from 60 minutes that the others have mentioned... It might help for her to read about someone else that has been there & came out the other side.

cmf - my gp isn't the one ignoring any probs, it was the psych therapy unit that he was trying to get her into and they suggested she had ODD (oppositional defiance disorder) but I don't think it is that.

Sarah - I'll try to find the book and see if she will read it. We have trouble getting her to read anything.

Thanks Abb34 and Divvy, I have been worried for so long now and it is good that she is starting to come round.

As I said earlier I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks

Kim

Post hi again

sorry, I read it wrong, I'm glad to hear you have a good GP
    All the best

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12