Thread: Mathemagic Maths power or others ?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Default Mathemagic Maths power or others ?

wondering is anyone has used the
    mathemagic computer tutor or Maths power or another similar program ?

mummy_in_training Guest

Smile

hello

my mum has said there is a game thing that you can play with your babies from 6 weeks, I am still trying to find it but ill let you know... would love to hear about what you have found as I am keen to do that as well, especially maths for my little boy, and english if I can do that one as well.

my email is [email protected], but if you get any info please let me know and when I find this thing i will let you know

mooshie Guest

i haven't used the mathemagic computer personally but a good friend thoroughly looked into it, her opinion was that it was a bit of a rip off (costed around $3,000 to $4,000) as i said i don't know much about it, but i really hate how they shove it down your throat at shopping centres etc.

mummy in training - thanks it is for ds 13 but the baby game sounds interesting
    hi Michelle -yes that is where they got me but the guy reckons most their contacts come from people calling in from radio ads.

A friend of mine has the Mathomagic Computer Tutor...it is sooo expensive. She pays $185 a month for hers and you cant cancel it at anytime. I think it is for 3 yrs or so. It doesnt seem worth it from what I have seen. My DD who is 13 had a go at it and blitzed through it and she is no Maths genius. Its a lot of money to spend and means hours in front of the computer too.

I am sure that there are other programs that will help you, have you thought about asking the Maths teacher at school?

I was trying to compare and see if the use is widespread - mathemagic is very expensive for one child in school - but you could use for up to 9 kids/licenced on 3 computers - LOL I will never have that many and too far in future for babies to consider.
    I am interested in feedback about maths power I heard it is only few hundred ? not few thousand like mathemagic.
    Definately not getting it - unless win lotto and I don't buy a ticket