Thread: Mother's Intuition ? ? ?

Talking Mother's Intuition ? ? ?

My 13 yo son, Dylan asked to go to watch the C grade footy match on Sunday, with a few of his mates. I let him go, the footy field is only down the road, I even gave him money for lunch, drinks, etc.
    But later in the day, something was telling me he never went there.Went for a drive, not even a footy game!! I got a feeling he'd jumped on a train & went on an adventure.
    Fast forward to 6.30pm he walks in the door, ( meant to be home when streetlights come on) I asked him where the hell he'd been & told me they decided to go up the bush to the bike jumps...... (lie, DH had the girls up there riding the pee wee) Then he said no not that bush, after describing exactly where he meant......... another one!!:mad:
    I take Amy's friend home & her mother tells me she seen Dylan & his mates out on Windsor Road at McGrath's Hill, earlier WTF?????????????????
    He , of course, tried to lie his way out of it, but no luck kid, you got busted!!
    Apart form him not understanding why he got in to trouble, he couldn't understand why this was such a big issue!!! HELLO??????

I've taken away his freedom, telly, & ps2,( & last night I backed over his skateboard which was left on the drive way) but he still thinks I am over reacting!!!
    My god he is only 13!!

I also used to let him go to a youth group, but found out he was taking off from there & going to Macca's.(At night!!)

Does any body have any ideas how to combat his attitude?
    At the moment he is on major brown tongeuing duty ( 14th b'day ina few weeks) But even this is annoying!
    It's a bit freaky to think that I knew he was gone, but I cant use this as a weapon!!
    Please, I'm at a loss with him...

Oh gosh, I have so much to look forward to

Im sorry I have no ideas. I hope he sorts himself out soon

Me too!
    I know he's just a ball of raging hormones ATM, but fair dinkum!!

He is way too young to be wondering around pleasing himself what he does!!

storm, isn't teenagehood such a ride to go down with them!

I have a 15 and a half and a 14 year old, and omg they think us parents were born in the last shower!Is doens't have to get out of hand, it's all how you deal with it! My son the oldest out of five used to be a real bugger too, with lieing, but he has really grown up, after much patients with him and alot of punishing!

I tell him that there is no use in crapping with me becuase i have people everywhere that know his every move, and he will never be able to pull of a lie, cause it will just come back on him two fold. I also tell him that if he wants to start running his own life and having no rules while he is living in my house, then you can have his bags packed within minutes as there are plenty of childrens homes that would be willing to take him, and they are not the kind of place he wants to be living in, goodbye friends and hello hard rules!Mkae him see how his lieing made you feel, that you love him like nothing else on this planet, and you allowed him to have some freedom, which you see no problem with, but when he abuses that freedonm how the heck are you to trust him next time he wants to go somewhere. Does he want to to keep getting rid of his friend everytime they turn up to go somewhere with him, it would be humiliaiting for him. But you'll do it if he keeps lieing, and you have much more patienst so you can do it for as long as he breaks the rules.Tell him he will get sick of it alot quicker than you will!

I told my son that if I have to I will follow his every move or hire someone else to do it, and he didn't like the sound of that!

If he knows you eman it and you stick with it, he'll soon realise, omg she means it!

Goodlucks sweetness, its not an easy job rearing teenagers these days!

Love soul

Thanks so much Soul!! It's something that he needs to stop & think about. Especially lieing, I hate liars & he knows it!! I just hope things get better now, I've kinda had enough of his **** lately, he tries to put it over me when DH isn't home & unfortunately for him I gave him the what for the other day, in front of his friends. Embarrassed the hell out of him!! But I think he needs to realise that I'm not a push over & I make rules for a reason & he needs to , well, obey them!!

storm, omg that sounds so like me two teenagers! They must tihnk we are stupid! omg sorry but I peed mysel;f laughing when you said you imbarrest him infront of his friends, omg I do that too and it works like a charm! I guess so long as they see we will "NOT" backdown, they know that we mean business!

My son is truly getting a smart mouth on him and I told him if he wants to keep his lovley teeth he better speak to me more civilized! He only does it when DH is not home though, he wouldnt be game to do it infront of his father!

Yeah, Dylan is the same when DH is home. wouldn't dare to swear around him!!

Well, I gave him is light globe back last night & he is getting his telly back today, but is still grounded, til we say other wise. Told him lastnight that he could've done some jobs around the place & maybe we would make the grounding shorter!
    Kids just dont think!!

Thanks heaps for your advice soul!!

pmsl @ the light globe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great idea...must remember that one!!!

Jo