Thread: my 13yo keeps getting headaches

Default my 13yo keeps getting headaches

hi

just a quick question, my 13 yo daughter has been getting headaches everyday now for 2 weeks, im getting her eyes tested next week, but she is fine apart from the headaches, im just wondering would it have something to do with puberty? Most of her freinds have already got boobs etc, i think she is gonna be a late developer, as there is no sign of any thing yet ( except the attitude!) so i thought it just might be a sign everything is about to start.

thanks so much.

*TamaraP* Guest

I had the same problem at about her age. And about a month later I woke with my period. I think it does have a lot to do with hormones and it being pushed all around ready for her to develop.

If they continue for another week, I would probably see a DR.

Also when they get to that age they forget how important it is to keep thier fluid levels up. Make sure she drinks enough water.

Tanya

definitely increase fluid intake and get eyes checked.

But yes, i think it could very well be hormonal

Chrissy

My DD is almost 13 and has been complained about the headaches too, although she had a few other things as well. I have had her eyes tested, fine, but eventually took her to the Dr who did bloods and said to put her on a multivitamin, she has been on Centrum for the last week and hey presto, no more headaches. Dr said that because they are growing and using a lot of energy, sometimes they are lacking in vitamins.

Hope you figure it out!

thanks girls for your input, as for the fluid intake she has been lots of fluid at home, but its hard when they are at school, i tell her to drink heaps. will find out next week about her eyes, then take it from there, the vitamin supplement sounds like a good idea though.
    thanks again ladies

I used to get headaches when I was getting my periods as a youngster. If it's not her eyes then it may be sometihng hormonal.

well ladies got her eyes tested, and yes that was the problam, she needs glasses when she is doing her school work, this will explain why she gets them mostly at school.

again, thankyou all so much for youre thoughts

oh glad to hear you got to the bottom of it! I hope she isnt too intimidated by them and gets to choose a real snazzy pair