Thread: OMG sheis growing up.....

Jackie Guest

Default OMG sheis growing up.....

Well, tonight my DD (15) is having her first what I would call night out. She has gone with 5 friends to a youth centre where local bands play. It is aimed at youngsters, no alcohol or drugs, bag searches on the way in, and no pass outs. So it is all very safe.
    It's so strange that she is out there this late at night. It's so different than when she is just sleeping over at a friends place.
    Don't you sometimes wish that they wouldn't grow up??
    This is all happening way to soon.....

Jen Schuster Guest

Jackie

It must be such a strange feeling.

Joshua turned 1 last week and he is growing so fast - I cant imagine what I will be like when he is 15 - probably a nervous wreck!!!!!!!

All the best and I hope your daughter had a great night out

Love

Jen

Jackie Guest

Thanks Jen, she had a ball and is talking about going again next time... she aslo wants to find out if there are any other places to go to, as this one is only once a month, which suited me fine. Oh well, can't stop them from growing up...

You seem to be handling it well so far, although she does sound like a mature sort of kid.

OMG my baby got her period on Friday - SOB, God. I never thought I'd be ready for that one, but she handled it beautifully and we had a lovely little chat about it all. I hope we stay close like this. Maybe not a reality but one can only hope....

Oh jackie- it is sad to see your dd out and about, but inevitable I guess, atleast she is happy with the safest options. hope she can find some other things to go to.

Lucy- OMG at the period! So glad you are communicating well with your dd re puberty and stuff!

Arron called me to the bathroom the other night to tell me that Jordan has hair down there! LOL He said he wasn't looking but he was in the bath and she was getting into the shower and he could see, and he was all worried that I hadn't spoken to her. She is in Grade 5 and I have had a brief period/puberty talk. So I had a chat with her once she got out of the bath about body cahnges, and she said she had hair down there, and asked about periods and about pains/cramps when you have it for the first time, and i said she may not and that she'll just see it there one day and she should call me and I'll show her how to use the pad etc. Arron was sitting there in the lougne luistening and I asked him later was he happy with that, did I cover it all? LOL

I am hoping she gets though most of next yr and if she has to get it it will be closer to the end of the yr or over the xams hols.

Cheers Mcihelle

I bet it was a bit of a shock for aaron, realising she's growing up too! In grade 6 they had quite a good, practical talk about the period thing at school. dd came home with a little plastic purse with an assortment of pads and stuff that she kept in her school bag - just in case.
    She is now busily trying a couple of diiferent types to find the ones she is more comfortable with. I think she feels very grown up now. Would you beleive it, I came home from work yesterday to find her vacuuming the lounge and all her homework done! She even fed the cat without being asked OMG!! Keep it up kiddo!!

Wow Lucy! That is wonderful about the cleaning and homework, maybe it will make Jordan grow up too? One can live in hope, although I still don't want it to happen just yet LOL

Cheers Michelle

Jackie Guest

They sure do grow up way to fast. DD told me the other day that she is planning a road trip with three of friends, they are going to drive all over Australia after year 12. I said "oh we'll see". To which she replies that she will be 18 and dad told her that i couldn't stop her... Thanks a lot DH!!
    It's still a few years away, so hopefuly she will have changed her mind by then....

I remember saying stuff like that to my parents too, it is scary to htink that Jordan will be saying stuff like that soon too. Although she already talks about moving out and stuff LOL. No plans but thoughts of living away from home. WAAAAH! Not fair that they grow up.

Cheers Michelle

Jackie Guest

Lol Michelle, I'm just glad the DD isn't like I was when I was her age. I can now sadly say that I understand why my parents were the way they were. I NEVER thought I'd say that "sigh".

Yes I too remember stuff I was doing and I had strict parents so I can imagine what she will do! It is worse to have been a little naughty yourself I reckon, makes you feel way more worriedLOL. I never got into any trouble but.......I still sort of don't want her doing what I was.

Oh well the fun is yet to begin for us!

She had a friend stay last weekend, and I know she is going to want to stay there sonner or later. When I went to the girls house, the mum smokes in the house and it reeked of cigarette and even that worries me, cos she is never in a smoky environment. LOL what a stress head I am.

Cheers Michelle