Thread: Runaway 15 year old

Default Runaway 15 year old

I just seen on FB that my cousin who is 15 has run away from home, my aunty & uncle are beside themselves. She doesnt have her phone so the only way they can get in contact with her (in the hope that she checks it) is facebook. Everyone has left her messages etc but no replies.

I feel so sad for my uncle & aunty and feel so helpless as the rest of us do!

And yes she has definetely run away, because the night she left her parents had grounded her and took her phone away from her for doing something wrong...so while they were sleeping she took off in the night.

How sad is that, have any of you had any experience with this?

oh my gosh, hun i am sooo sorry u and ur family are going through this...

i did exactly the same thing when i was 14 to my mum n step dad right down too the tee.. they took my phone and grounded me and i left during the night.. i went to my bf house and hid out there for 4 days before running to my nans house..

does she have a bf?
    or even involve the police and when they contact her friends i bet her friends will give her up once they know there is consequences for lying to police...
    i really am trying to think ill post again if i think of anything else too help u guys out
    sorry and GL hun *big hugs*

My DD did that to but during the day. We contacted the police and while we were waiting for them DF went to her best friends house and spoke to him and then he and another friend went looking for her. They found her and brought her home while the police were here and all they told her "please let someone know where you are as everyone worries" WTF I was hoping they would rip her another one. I hope she is found soon, I know what your aunt and uncle are going through and it is not nice. Big hugs to them and you

how worrying for them. Hope she is ok and comes home soon. Have they contacted police? They are usually pretty quick to act on missing persons who are under age.

It's hard & my heart really goes out to them. I have a migraine & can't go into details. My advice isjust to keep the lines of communication open. Teenagers are awfullyhard to deal with - & they have an awful lot on their plates on the other side of the coin. Big love.

How scary and stressful. My DS15 did take off once in the evening but fortunately came back, I was beside myself. I hope your aunt and uncle have called the police, it is most likely she is at one of her friends house. I pray she will be found safe or comes home herself.

Regards,
    Dianne

What a horrible thing for your family & for your cousin

Hasn't happened to us, although I have my worries at times, DD1 has taken off to friends houses before but in the heat of the moment, not running away as such.

Inanna is right there is a lot going on in their heads, and the thought processes are very different to us as adults. I can't imagine what your aunt & uncle are going through...

hope she is found & everything settles down soon. I am guessing they have called / visited all her friends?

Thanks ladies for all your kind words and thoughts, its a bit more serious than I first thought, she has been gone for six days and now been reported to Missing Persons and there was a story on our local and State News last night and also on Sunrise this morning, her name is Mikayla Little Im on a TAFE computer so I cant post the facebook missing persons link the family have put up, if I can access my work computer later I will come back and post it.

The family have had no contact, other than text messages, so they cant even be sure that its even her sending the messages.

OMG!!!! i have been watching this story since it first came on the news...

i am so sorry to hear about this and the fact that it is ur family is even harder...
    i hope something workd out in a good way very soon.. i am praying and hoping for her safe return..

pls keep us updated and let us know wat happens pls... again so sorry

GL babe keep ur chin up hopefully its just a case of wanting space and nothing more...

Leaving Facebook... | Facebook Hope this link works..never done this before.

I really just hope that Kayla needs space too and comes home safely, I feel so sad for her parents, her mum is the nicest lady you could ever meet and to think she is going through something like this really hurts my heart.

I see that she's contacted her family today! So that's a positive. I hope your family can rest a little easier now. Big cuddles

Hello all,

thanks so much for all your kind words, just thought I would update, yes as per Inanna's post my cousin has called home she is meeting up with her parents this week so its such a relief to know she is safe, obviously they have a very long road to getting their relationship back on track and salvaging a relationship through these turbulent years, but I guess thats the journey we all go on at one part of our lives or another.

Take care

Cheers
    Tan

So glad she has made contact with family.

Regards,
    Dianne

So glad it turned out good :-)

Im so glad she has made contact. I hope that everything can be sorted out
    with her parents and that she returns home soon xxx

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S using Tapatalk

smiles4u Guest

i was booted out of home as a teen so devasting to be abandoned by your own parents and especially when i was good kid who caused no trouble ... Can't understand why she would leave and the pain and deepest worry it caused your Aunt & Uncle Tan, thankfully she is safe at home now.

Everyone needs a loving home at any age especially at an awkward age of 15 !!

What a worry for you too Tan for your cousin.