Thread: Sleep walkers arise

Default Sleep walkers arise

Hi everyone,

I would love to hear from anyone that has a child who compulsively sleep walks.

My DS - age eight - is a sleep walker. He sleep walks particularly when he is tired. When he sleep walks, he is fully asleep and makes expressions that we have never seen him make. He can carry on a full conversation with us - which is often non-sensical.

Generally if we take him to the toilet, he then happily returns to bed. But generally, he will not stay in bed until he has fulfilled the purpose of the sleep-walk - which can be varied and often very interesting. Because we sense that he could put himself in serious danger, his bedroom door has chimes on it so that we are aware of any movement.

He has been sleep walking since he was old enough to walk (and get out of bed) - but we didn't realise that he was actually sleep walking - we thought it was more walking sleepily - if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I don't know anyone else with a child that has this a serious problem - not just as an occasional. So I would love to hear from anyone else that deals with this regularly too.

xx

My ex's son did the same when he was around 8 too. I seemd to be able to sense if he woke up thank goodness. He just seemed to "grow out of it".

I was like that when up till about that age. I would just walk up to the lounge room and stand there staring at mum & dad. They would tell me to go to the toilet so I would walk there and just stand there. They would have to put me on it and tell me what to do!!! Then tell me to go back to bed...
    I can remember just standing in their bedroom really late, in the dark, just standing there!!! Weird.
    As an adult it has only happened when under extreme emotional stress. Once I let myself out of the house and sat in the car with the window wound down. I think I must have been waiting for DH, and eventually went back to bed, leaving the car and house front door wide open!!! Freaked myself out in the morning when I realised!!

Thanks guys!

I sure hope that he grows out of it too!

It's funny remembering the little sleep-walking episodes from our younger years.....but it's a different thing again when you are the parent hey!

I remember having some sleep-walking episodes, but nothing compared to my brother who often took the lighter and tried to light the BBQ up!!!!! DANGER!!!!!

Thanks again for your replies.