Thread: Teenage Boys and Growth Spurts

Default Teenage Boys and Growth Spurts

Just out of interest does anyone know when boys stop growing!!!!

This time last year DSS#1 was shorter then I am, he has now grown 11cms in less then a year and is taller then I am now and just 13cms from his Dad`s height (which is 189cms or 6foot 3), each time we see him he seems to be taller.

His feet seem to be growing at the same rate, he`s wearing size 11`s, the way he`s going he`s going to need to get specially made shoes to fit his feet.

lol, I think DH is still growing!!!!

17 or 18? around there I think. I remember mum having to buy DB size 13 shoes at 16. He's 21 now. Not as tall as dad, but tall. You've got a way to go yet. Have fun.

SaraJane - DH tells me he didn`t stop growing till he was about 25, then he started to thicken out and get broader shoulders, he also tells me his brother was the same and he was still growing when he was tragically killed at 21.

Thanks bjrose - seems like he`s going to tower over everybody then

Dee, my boys are pretty tall too, with big feet. Brandon who is 13 is my height 5'7 and has a size 11 foot. Joel is 16 and is 180cm last measure, so very likely taller now and wear's a size 12 shoe. Funny though, Joel took a long time to hit his growth spurt. If I look at pics of him when Tehya was born he looked like a little boy. I used to tell him he'd need to sit on phone books to drive. In the space of 18 months he sure did shoot up.

I think they stop growing in their late teens up til 21, or so it seems. If the growing isn't bad enough, the feeding of them sure is !!

chubbycheeks Guest

gosh, i thought it was 21! my soon to be 14yo is now taller than me (i'm 5'6") and in a size 10/11 shoe, his voice has changed and he's really starting to look like the man he is becoming!

my god can he eat tho!!! and none of that silly non filling ruffage, meat meat and more meat and carbs and starch! lol, thankfully i have a few yrs before the next sone gets to teen yrs!

You never can tell with boys. My three brothers didn't really have their growth spurths until about 16-18. My son is 13 and he has been growing since he was born! He's currently 6'4" and in size 14 shoes slowly moving towards 15's. And talk about eat. I'll be glad when school goes back because it's costing me a fortune!

My brother was the shortest of his mates at the end of year 9, and by the end of year 10 he was clearly the tallest, growing at least 4 inches.