Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: teenager girl chat

its the same in our house. I wake up every morning anxious, not sure what the mood will be today.

ok - who here on this thread is in a "blended family" (god I hate that term - i always imagine people jumping into a blender, and pressing the pulse button, and everyone getting whipped up - hang on a minute - that is exactly what happens!!!!!! arghhh!) anyway, i digress...

I'm just wondering how much of what we are experiencing is "normal moody female teenage behaviour" and how much of it has to do with the situation they are in... if that makes sense.

Is anyone on this thread not in a blended family?

[QUOTE=tiggerandpooh;1427205]ok - who here on this thread is in a "blended family" (god I hate that term - i always imagine people jumping into a blender, and pressing the pulse button, and everyone getting whipped up - hang on a minute - that is exactly what happens!!!!!! arghhh!)

lol tiggerandpoo it sometimes feel that way.

Blended one here.

Can I join too. My DD is 13 turning 36. She thinks she should be able to do whatever she wants whenever she wants but not have any responsibility.

I have started setting some basic ground rules around here, not just for her but the others as well. My DD and 2 DS's now have to get themselves up in the morning and get themselves ready for school. I was sick of yelling at them constantly to get ready.

I have had money go missing from my purse and not being sure of who is taking it, they are all having to cop an ear blasting about it.

My DD has established her AF cycle now and she does get very moody around that time. Her and my DF usually get along very well but she can be an aggravating little biatch and act like she is older than him. The problem is that DF has tried to be a friend to my kids instead of another adult and it is starting to backfire on him. He is tougher on his own DD who is only 2 lol.

Another thing I have found is that DD is sneaking into my room and taking my small BOB. I mean WTF she is 13 and shouldn't even be thinking about sex yet but we have found out in the last week that she has a boyfriend who is in year 10. She doesn't like the boys her own age cause they are so immature lol. Will have to keep an eye on this.

To complicate this, her biological fathers family have found out about her only a couple of months ago and have instigated contact. It has worked out well except that her bio father has completely snubbed her (he never had anything to do with her anyway - only a sperm donor really). The grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins have been fantastic. Her stepdad and I divorced in 2005 but we still have a great friendship and she still goes to see him, with her brothers, every weekend. We collaborate on all decisions and back each other up when it comes to discipline. As I said earlier DD and DF usually get on really well but there can be some nastiness on both sides and I have to pull her up and then tell him to remember that he is the other adult and not to put up with the crap. OMG what a balancing act lol.

Sorry for the epic ladies but have to get it out. Will check in regularly now that I know it is here

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerandpooh View Post
    ok - who here on this thread is in a "blended family" (god I hate that term - i always imagine people jumping into a blender, and pressing the pulse button, and everyone getting whipped up - hang on a minute - that is exactly what happens!!!!!! arghhh!) anyway, i digress...

I'm just wondering how much of what we are experiencing is "normal moody female teenage behaviour" and how much of it has to do with the situation they are in... if that makes sense.

Is anyone on this thread not in a blended family?

I think my blender broke! My nightmare atm is that DH hates my DD, its so hard and its killing me. I really need to vent but no time tonight so will you put up with it all tomorrow??

oh mrsmac Vent away hun. Fun isn't it? NOT! Sometimes I could happily thump my DH followed with - who is the adult here??????

O geez, Its my turn after you mrsmac - I sat here yesterday trying to work out what I needed to vent about FIRST...and got nowhere.
    Back in later...

Where has everyone gone lol???

I have been logging in regularly hoping to get some management tips and everything has gone quiet. My DD has been in one of her helpful moods lately (so thankful lol) but I'm not sure how long that will last.

I have only 37 days to go until I have the next one and so want my kids to start picking up after themselves. DD has her room like a tip but I'm not going over the top about it (trying to pick my fights) but would like her to help out more around the house. I had heaps more chores to do than what she has ever had. Maybe I should have done what my mum did and gave her heaps too.

Keep on chatting ladies

hi there ladies, forgive me for just barging in...i've been following this thread for a while....

my 16yr old DD2 is moving back in..."brace the mains'l, captain, she's gonna blow!"

i'm hoping we do ok this time

Kim I started an entirely different thread on my princess.................FUN!

Hi girls , this thread has gone a little quiet. Well Kim when i was pregnant with ds my dd was not really much help around the house but now since having hamish she has ben pretty good considering, but in saying that she still can chuck a hissy every now and then when asked to help out. We are still having conflict between dp and dd but a little less often.
    Lulu i have been reading your thread on your princess, they are certainly a challrngr to say the least these teenage girls.

Hi evryone, I'm hoping that if it all goes quiet on this thread then its cos it's all going well with our darlings? Not cos world war 3 has started and we haven't got time to post!!!
    My DD has been pretty good still not liking DP much but I can live with it as long as its not war!!
    And yes we are a mix master family too It'll all work out wont it?

Having a few issues here atm but somewhat normal at this age i think..
    Dd is in one of her moods (time of the month) and challenging absolutely everything we say atm (more dp than me). We bought her a mobile phone for her birthday and up until the last month or so she rarely used it as most of her friends didnt have them but now it seems almost everyone has one therefore hers is going consistantly and is driving us crazy so we have place the following rules which to her are just "UNFAIR" and we are "PICKING ON HER".
    1. Phone is turned off at bedtime and left in loungeroom (as she was getting messages at 12.30am from a friend who apparently couldn't sleep grrrrrrrr).
    2. No Phone before school unless she is dressed and ready for school.
    3. No phone to be taken to school unless she rides (which is security more for me).
    4. No Phone sunday evenings (family tea at my parents, dad made a rule no phones, ipods, ds etc)
    5. No credit unless she does chores to earn money.
    6. Phone is turned off during homework and dinner times.

Thats about it and i dont think we are being unreasonable as i think having a phone at 12 is a priviledge not a necessity and if she cant be responsible to live by these simple rules i will take it off her.

We are trying to set boundaries atm with her and she has been doing really well up until the phone thing, Dp has threaten to take it off her but i said once we have given her the rules we need to give her a chance, these were discussed with her last night and she isn't talking to either of us atm as apparently the phone was a gift and she should be able to do with it as she pleases... grrrrrr

Abb, none of the rules seem unfair or unrealistic. they are very similar to the rules we have with DD's phone. It was also a gift for christmas last year. the only other rule that we have is that if she is rude or out of order she loses her phone - the length of time determined by how revolting she is. If she can't communicate civily to us, then she can't communicate to her friends!

hope she has a think about it. its joyous isn't it...

I dont think they are unreasonable either just wanted to double check i wasn't being too hard on her. I plan on using that rule too (loss of phone priviledges) when she is mis behaving, at this rate she will never have it.lol

The joys.

Just a quick one... about to collect my 5yo from Kinder... to answer an earlier question: we are not a blended family but I was raised in one. We are having significant issues with our 13yo DD ATM... it might even mean we have to move house. I'll get back to that later... but I just wanted to add that my step father disliked me to the point of wanting me put in a boarding school and being very violent toward me in a very secretive manner... please trust your DD's if they seem scared of their stepfathers. No one listened to me... especially not my mother... that damaged our relationship forever.

to all the caring mums in this thread!

Ah the joys of mobile phones! My DD has been known to make calls when into the early hours of the morning, why do they feel the need to talk to people at midnight???
    DDs best achievement is 2,500 sms in ONE MONTH! WTF she must etxt in her sleep!

Aah yes, I have the shirty teenrager back again. She expects me to give her the Youth Allowance money I receive for her each fortnight. NOT FREAKIN LIKELY....even though all her friends get it . Hhmmm, I actually need the money to put away for her school clothes and books and in case she might want a tutor for VCE.

No, it's NOT government pocket money for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to ring my dad and give him (a very nice) what for the other day. She wants new swimmers so I gave her a list of things to do on Monday/Tuesday. Fold one pile of washing, tidy bathroom and the bookshelves. So she called Poppy and he said she would give her the $$$ D'OH . She's a lazy turd my one.....

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast