Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tricky time with 12 year old daughter

Jackie Guest

ROFL we've gone from never having kids to wanting two. DD has it all planned, she is going to get a job and then a nice unit, live by herself for a while, so that she can do what ever she likes and then get a guy... Sounds pretty good, wish I had had that nuch sense at her age...

LOL Jackie,
    hope it works out that way. I remember reading the autobiography I wrote in yr 7, it said "I want to finish yr 12, go to Uni, become a primary teacher, then get married and have 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls."

Well I did yr 12, met the bf, went to uni then got pg in the middle, became the primary teacher, brought a house had a 2nd child then finally....got married and finished with 2 more kids. It didn't really happen the way I thought but we got there.

Cheers Michelle

Oh you still did pretty well with your plan Michelle!!
    Everything I've ever said I was going to do in my life has never gone to plan!
    My mum still hassles me about how I said I didn't want kids (When I was 14!!) and now it's all I talk about...
    I think part of my "NO KIDS!" thing was convincing her that I wouldn't be reckless and get pregnant right there and then...
    Let's face it.. Do you girls really want YOUR 14yr olds telling you how much they want to start a family?? LOL..

NO! OF COURSE NOT! As I said, Jordan was saying maybe she'll have a baby at 17 and I don't even want to think about that now. Of course if it happened we'd be here but I certainly hope it doesn't cos that is young, even younger than I was.

WHen your dd is 14 you don't want to be a nana!
    Cheers Michelle

lilyd Guest

What happens when kids go into High School, they suddenly change from reasonable, loving kids to kids with a big attitude.

I think they are suddenly thrust into believing they have to act up to be cool and fit in, along with tonnes of extra work in high school, having to look the part, wear the right name brands, hormones etc. It's any wonder they are screwed up.

I love especially the rolling the eyes at you, the slaming their bedroom door each time their is a dissagreement. They want everything for nothing.

As with babies, this is just a stage (although a hell of a lot longer).

Try to get along - remember they seem to stay at home until they are 35 these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12