Thread: Thrush and the baby during labour

Default Thrush and the baby during labour

Hello Ladies,

So I've been trying for ages to kick this thrush. It's been driving me bonkers. I'm doing all the good things suggested here and by my OB and I think it's slowly slowly going away. But then again, I do think it is pregnancy related because I've never had it before now.

I'm wondering what will happen if I still have thrush when the baby is born? Do I need to do anything special? Does it make me more likely to get nipple thrush?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Fiona

Hi Fiona
    I have been wondering the same thing as I have struggled with thrush to varying degrees through this pregnancy. I think I may be in labour now and still have a bit of thrush I don't know the answer but I wonder if when the membranes rupture this sort of makes it a bit less likely to pass it to bub?
    Cheers
    Karen

I had thrush when DD was born. Was prob only mild
    By then but I was still treating it.....

DD ended uP with either a blood infection or sePsis at 5 days but it wasn't confirmed where she got it from because we declined the 7 day blood cultures.
    They asked me a million Q's about have u had this or that and I think thrush was mentioned but they were never worried about that so I don't think it
    Was a major issue...

Sorry prob not much help

Any other thoughts?

If your baby is born vaginally there is a chance s/he can get thrush in their mouth and then of course if bubs breadtfeeds it can get passed into your nipples and the cycle continues. Are you using a cream for your thrush? Which one? Or are you using natural methods?