Thread: 4 days late but negative test?

Default 4 days late but negative test?

Hi,

I generally have a 28-31 day cycle but I am now on day 34 and did a test today but it was negative. The longest cycle I have ever had (aside from when I was pg) is 35 days so I guess there is a chance AF could arrive by tomorrow.

I had a m/c in Nov 2007 with no luck since but had a lap op in Feb and was found to have mild endo which they removed and also my right tube was blocked in a few places by mucus (from the mc/) which they flushed out. Had every other test done and everything is normal so FS said we are good to go

I know I am torturing myself now but has anyone else had a negative test when this late for AF? Haven't really had any symptoms except a little lower back pain, heartburn, constipation and wind (sorry if TMI).

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section but didn't feel right going to the PAML thread since my test was negative.

I didnt get a BFP til I was well overdue this time, probably 5-7 days late.

Thanks Rayray.

I have sore boobs as well but trying not to get my hopes up as I have done it before only to have my hopes dashed.......

So hard waiting though as I am not a patient person

Hey Mel,

I first did my test for this pregnancy when i was three days late and it was a negative. Did it again when i was 7 days late and it was the faintest faintest line. So i still wasn't sure.

I went and read up on faint lines etc on google, and found a forum (totally forget where) with ladies talking about some preg tests being a bit dodgy and to only buy 'clearblue' pregnancy tests, because they pick it up heaps better.

I went out and got a clear blue test, and not even after a minute wait the word "pregnant" appeared!

So my advice is to try the clearblue brand!

Hope you get a BFP
    let us know what happens!

Hi tellytubby,

Thanks for the info. If AF doesn't arrive by tomorrow I will go and buy a clearview test after work and see how I go. I so hope this is my month, not sure how many more months of TTC I can go through (iykwim). I know it will all be worth it but sometimes it is so hard

Sending your way!

Hey Mel,
    How did you go?

Hi tellytubby,

Thanks for your post.

I did another test tonight and it was negative. Brought a clearblue test on the way home from work tonight so will try that in the morning.

The tests I am using at the moment I borught in bulk on the internet so I am hoping they are dodgy!

My cycles are usually 28-31 days and tomorrow will be day 36 so I am very confused Although last month was a 35 day cycle so there is still a chance AF will show.

At the risk of jinxing it I do really 'feel' pg but not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me or not.

I know what you mean about jinxing it.
    I started a thread not long ago about jinxing it. lol.
    You feel anything you do or say will alter things - when clearly it wouldn't!

Good luck with your test,
    sending you

Hi tellytubby,

Still no AF but my FS sent me for a blood test today and it was negative so I must just be having an extra long cycle (very strange for me).

Maybe next month? It was a long shot the month after my op anyway.

Thanks for all your help. Wishing you a H&H pregnancy.

Next month it is then!!

Hope so!