Thread: 7.30 Report SBS Waiting for a heartbeat

Default 7.30 Report SBS Waiting for a heartbeat

Hi gals,

Tuesday night at 7.30 SBS featuring a show on their 7.30 Report called 'waiting for a heartbeat'. The show is about miscarriage. Dont know much else only managed to catch the end of the ad.

Baby dust to all,
    Lisa

Lisa,
    Thanks heaps I'll definitely tune into that one!
    Jayne

Thanks for that Lisa will have to remember it's on.

Thanks Lisa I will deffinately be watching that I am so gald I saw this now hehehehehe 6 min before it starts hows that for fate LOL

boohoo I started watching it and had to walk away as my DH has been working such long hours he ducked home to have tea at about 7:45 pm so I missed it as I had to get his dinner ready and then it was time for all saints and it looked really good and so interesting those poor ladies I really felt for them.

Lisa do you know if they will repeat this at all ???

I watched the last half of it & remembered all too well waiting to see the h/b....
    It was very heart tugging!

It made me cry.

I saw myself in the face of Mariza (sp?).

I am hopeful that my turn will come again, although I have decided to stop actively ttc. I'll still be charting so that I know what my body is doing, but I've thrown in the towel on ttc. It will happen if it is meant to.

Lisa

kirsty Guest

I watched it & have to say while it was hard to sit & absorb it all, I kinda know what they are going through in regards to the testing side of things (I certainly don't know about the multiple, or more than 3 losses & I hope to never have too). But I did find it so interesting to watch.

And I sat there with so much apprehension every time she hopped up for a scan while she was waiting for a heartbeat to be found ~ then I bawled like mad when he came out & told his mother-in-law that they had a baby girl. He was just sooooo happy.

I watched the show and found it brought back so many memories - the anxious wait for a scan and trying to see HB. I truly relieved the horror of the poor girl who got no HB - its still my biggest fear going for scans even now.
    Kirsty - I cried my eyes out too when that couple finally gave birth to their little girl - the poor woman truly didn't believe it would happen until that moment - its probably a lot how I feel atm - can't believe i will be that lucky to actually get a baby.

The saddest paart of the show - seeing just how many couples needed the services of recurrent m/c clinic - 3mth wait to get first appt!

Sal Guest

It was a great documentary. I can't imagine how hard it would be to go through. The idea that finding out you're pg filling you with dread must be truly awful. I was disappointed that the show didn't have one of those 'after bits' that told us that Mariza and the other ladies were finally pg and progressing well. But I guess that's life.

HI ladies,

I cried too! Especially when that guy was hugging is mother in law after the birth of their precious little girl.

Mariza is apparantely pg again and doing well.. dont know about the other ladies, but I suspect that they might do a follow up??

I dont know if its going to repeat, but I recorded it (from 7.45) on my hard drive and I can try and put in on dvd if anyone really wants a copy.

Hugs to all,
    Lisa

I would LOVE a copy of it if it isn't too much trouble? Can I direct transfer some funds for copying, postage etc?

Lisa

Melinda Guest

Locking this thread now.....continue your discussion here!

Thanks guys!