Thread: AF a week after D&C?

mptate24 Guest

Default AF a week after D&C?

I just stumbled upon this site while trying to find some answers so here I go.
    I found out at my 12wk apt. 10/31 that I had a missed miscarriage and our baby had died at 9wks and 1day. Two days later 11/02 I had to have a D&C. I went in for my one week post-op today and the doctor said that two weeks for when I had my surgery we could start trying again. Well I never really bleed just very little spotting when I wiped from going to the bathroom. Well later today, it's actually a lot when I go to the bathroom and small clots that look just like period clots and I feel just like when it's time for AF. Is it actually possible to have AF one week after D&C? Also on fertilityfriend.com today is the actual day when my AF should arrive, so is it even possible???

tkm1475 Guest

I'm really sorry for your loss. I had only light bleeding after the D&C for about 2 days and then what seemed like AF starting two weeks following the procedure. This lasted about a week. I was told by my dr that it wasn't really AF- I think it takes a few weeks for the hormone levels to fall again in order to ovulate. It took 41 days for what I think was my first AF to return. Best wishes and baby dust!

mummacassdy Guest

Mptate24. I am sorry to hear about your recent loss. It is such a confusing time, isn't it, when you don't know what your body is doing and why it is doing it? I feel for you and I hope you get your answers soon xx

Very sorry to read about your loss. I've had 2 x d&c's as I've had 2 x m/c. After first d&c had very slight spotting & I got af 6 weeks later. After second d&c spotted for 2 days or so then a week later (temp dropped dramatically on this day) I had normal period type bleeding for half a day, af came at 31 days.