Thread: Akward question (TMI)

Default Akward question (TMI)

Sorry for TMI, but I didn't know where to ask this (and I can't get in to see my gp for another 2 1/2 weeks- boo). I was just wondering if any of you guys would know anything about this. Since I had my angel in January my discharge has changed dramatically. It is always really really thick (almost like jelly) but no odour and not pain and nothing else that would indicate something is wrong. I was told that your body changes a lot after you have a baby, and thought that maybe this is just one of those changes. But in the back of my mind I am also scared that it means I'm infertile or something (caused by them having to remove the placenta manually). Damn paranoid brain!!

Is the discharge thick and jelly like all the time or just when you are fertile?? If it is during the fertile time, that is perfectly normal. If it is all the time then I am not sure. Do you notice it changes throughout your cycle? Using the Billings method (for conception rather than contraception) makes you very aware of your discharge changes throughout the menstrual month.

Seems to be like it all the time. Not LOTS (there was just after Lilah, but not anymore),but mainly when I wipe. M ycycles have been pretty messed up (my previous two have been 56 and 36 days, so my body is obviusly still sorting itself out), so unless I'm fertile for 2 or 3 weeks, I dont think it's when I'm fertile.

It might be your hormones still sorting themselves out. I know this isnt anything like your situation but when I had the implanon implant in I had the same sort of discharge for weeks instead of getting a proper AF.

I hope that there is nothing else wrong and it is something easy fixed for you