Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any luck ttc soon after mc?

Hi, I had a MC in April 09 then got BFP without a visit from AF in between, My DS2 is now 5mths!!!

Good Luck.

Hey reeqld...

I was just wondering how you were going, and if you received your BFP??

I caved and tested early, and yep, BFP! No AF after m/c. So it can happen indeed

I'm so sorry for each of your losses , but thrilled for those that are pg again so soon!

I've got PCOS and after 4 years ttc I was finally pg! Had mc at 7 weeks and was totally devastated. Two days after my loss was confirmed, my sister found that she was pg. She has been ttc longer than me and is 8 years older, so even though I thought I might feel jealous I am nothing but happy for her, and excited about having a nephew/neice. My happiness for her and my grief for my own loss are totally separate; the only time I get upset about it is thinking that we could've been pregnant together. I still think it's uncanny though, that after all the years of ttc we end up pregnant in the same month!

It's been 4 weeks since my mc and no sign of af yet. Started having some small jabs in my abdomen and feeling very much like I did before I discovered pg last time... desperately trying not to get my hopes up, and annoyed that my body and mind might be playing tricks on me. I don't think it's long enough to do a test yet, but I feel encouraged by some of the stories here.

Thank you to everyone for posting messages here, it's so special to read these stories and share your joy and sorrow. DH has been fabulous, but it's a time when I feel so alone, reading these comments makes me feel very connected to an amazing network of women that know how I feel.

I'm so sorry for your loss, honey bee IKWYM re: connecting to women on here. Even just reading through people's stories, it's nice to know other's have been through the same thing you/we have gone through and survived and gone on to have healthy babies.

I send you beautiful sticky vibes!!! FX for a positive BFP for you! Keep us posted!

First, I want to apologize for my lack of knowledge when it comes to most abbreviations. Then I will go on to apologize, in advance, for my rambling b/c, well, I just do ; )

This is a great forum that offers lots of hope for ttc after mc!

I have been searching for info on when it's ok to start ttc after mc and have gotten very mixed results! Some people's doctors say 'go for it as soon as you feel ready & bleeding from mc has stopped', others are advised to wait anywhere from 1-3 cycles to 6 months. My mc is still fresh (10 days) so I haven't spoken w/my OBGYN about it yet & am planning to do so @ my 2 wk check-up. He did advise me to not have sex, take baths or use tampons for those 2 wks tho., where others are being told that it's ok once the bleeding stops. I only bled for 2 1/2 days and then spotted for another 2 1/2. (exactly like my mens, actually) I know for a fact that a woman is more fertile after becoming pregnant, so you might think 'the sooner the better' but then I hear that if you've had a d&C, you need to give your body/uterus time to rebuild and thicken for better odds of a healthy pregnancy. Also, I had one-sided pain two days ago which I've always gotten w/ovulation... which would coincide w/my normal mens/ov cycles.

I'm guessing that the type of mc you have, either d&c or natural and the gestational age may play a part in the differences in advice??? I was 12 wks along w/a missed miscarriage (baby stopped growing 3 wks earlier according to CRL) and had a d&c.

Does anyone have advice or experience ttc/pregnancy after d&c? Similar gestation and method as mine and ttc?

I will share my story separately in this forum, considering my long-winded ventilation.

Thanks!

Hi MizzIzz.

I had a D&C in Jan 2005, but as I was 17 and not TTC I didn't try for a baby until over a year later. I was told to wait at least 6 weeks before DTD and at least 3 months before trying for a baby if I still wanted one, but was also told that in the first 3 cycles after the D&C bleeding stops you are more fertile than at any other time, possibly bacause of all the hormones that are still floating around in your system. I was told to wait to allow my body to recover properly before putting it through another pregnancy.
    I got preg in Nov/Dec 05, by accident, and unfortunately lost it after a car accident, again I was told to wait approx 3 months before trying again, and then again got preg in June/July 06 and lost it again, I was told to wait approx 6 months at that time. All those pregnancies were lost around or before 8wks. Each time I was on the Pill when I got pregnant.
    I then got preg with my DS in March/April 08 - again accidentally and while on the Pill.
    I somehow managed to carry him to 41+5d when he was born via emergency c-section. I was told to wait 18 months before trying again with him to let my scar heal, but I have since been told that the scar only takes 3-6 months to heal properly.

Hubby and I started trying for another baby in September 2009 after a very long (12 days) mid-cycle bleed whie on the Pill again. I was told to continue trying, but there was a possibility of there being some retained product at that point so I had to have a scan first before I was given the go ahead.
    I got a BFP iat 13dpo in January of this year but lost it at 15dpo. I got another BFP in March, but sadly lost that a few days later as well. Again, I was told to keep trying.
    Then on July 19th of this year, the day after my birthday I got a BFP again, and this one is staying sticky! It is also my 8th pregnancy and I'm only 23.

Basically each doctor may be different and have different training, opinions and views. I have seen 8 different doctors since I lost my first angel, and each one has different opinions on how long you should wait.

My thoughts on it would be to do as your doctor suggests, but also bear in mind that your body knows best as well. If you are ready, physically & mentally, to try for a baby again, then I say go for it!

I know it's not exactly answering your question, but I will be 10wks tomorrow, so I just wanted to give you some hope that it CAN AND WILL happen!

I miscarried end of Jan last year then when AF didn't come I tested and got a BFP end of Feb begining of Marchish then had DD in November!!

It can happen x

same mc in oct- fell preg nov 2 sticky bubs

I am so sorry to hear of everyones losses.

I had a m/c april of this year i got a postive test at the end of may. so far so good with this one now i am 17 weeks. Sometimes the dr's want you to wait becouse of dateing. that is what my dr's big prolem was.

Hi, I just thought I'd share too...

I have been TTC for 5 months. In the first month, I had a CP at 5.5 weeks. The second month, nothing. The third month, CP at 5 weeks. The fourth month, nothing. I went to see an Ob/Gyn (on referal from my GP) and we so pleased that she took it seriously. She said that I was right to be concerend about 2 CPs, although she did say that it was VERY common. The blood work she did showed no abnormalities, so she told me to give it 3 months, and if nothing happened, we would try a new line of tests.

Then.....

I got a BFP yesterday (on the day AF was due)!!!!!!!!!! But, I am scared to death!! The last CP really shook me up. I don't want to get my hopes up too high. That's the awful thing about experiencing this, you are a bit cautious to celebrate!

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. Hopefully this one 'sticks'. Oh, i hope, hope, hope, hope!!!

congrats Sarahk,

I have recently had a d&c after a m/c at 11 weeks. The midwife advised us to wait one cycle because it was an 11 week gestation etc and I am still bleeding after the d& c last Thursday.

We will be trying next month..... And Wow congratulations everyone else on their pregnancys

Default spoke too soon???

Okay, so 1 day after posting my good news, I'm now TERRIFIED that I'm going to MC again... My line on the HPT this morning was lighter that the line YESTERDAY morning. I know that this is NOT a good sign.

Hi All,

It has been a while since I have added anything on here...Just wanted to let you all know i am now expecting!!!
    I am nearly 9 weeks and am so worried!! Every little twinge or pain I'm like OMG its happening again (ms) I am constantly checking for blood every time i wipe after I pee (sorry tmi)
    I am hoping this feeling will go away with time but when will be the right time to feel confident that all will work out fine?
    I have had no morning sickness except for feeling tired late in the day, sore bb's and a fair bit of cramping.
    Is there any one out there with similar situation?
    Thanks for taking the time to read

wow congratulations reeqld !!!!!! awesome news, I'm sure once you get past the point of your miscarriage you will start to relax ! YAY for you !!!!!!

Well i spoke too soon as yesterday I had a scan and the baby stopped growing after 6 weeks and I should be 8 weeks from conception
    I really thought this one was going to work.
    Now I have to just wait for my body to get rid of it because I have not had any heavy bleeding like i did last time, only brown discharge when I wipe.
    This process is so cruel, I am very jelouse of women who have healthy pregnancies and do all the wrong things like drugs and alcohol.
    I am feeling emotionaly numb, maybe because I've been here before.
    I dont even feel like ttc again! Its all too hard on my mind and body.
    Sorry if I have rambled on, I know I'm not the only one and I will get past this but for now i am angry and confused of what to do next.

Oh reeqld... I am so sorry for your loss

This forum is for being able to express how you are feeling, so ramble all you want. Everyone handles, deals, copes/doesn't cope with suffering a m/c differently and I fele there isn't much for me to say except go gently and take care of yourself. Feeling angry and confused is to be expected.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I am still nervously pregnant, was supposed to be 8 weeks tomorrow, however scan last week showed I'm measuring 6 days smaller. So according to them i'm 7 weeks today. this makes me very worried that it's not growing, although it did have a good heartbeat at that scan. also had some light bleeding/spotting a week ago, just for a couple of hours. also have a cyst on my ovary. i HATE that I now have a LIST of things to worry about. Going for another scan tomorrow, so fingers crossed it's growing.

I am so so so sorry for your loss.

Default Worth trying...

Lots of people do get pregnant again straight away, and it's perfectly safe to try! You no doubt will have success again really soon.
    My own experience is not so great, but I'm also still breastfeeding my 2 year old daughter, so maybe that's why I havn't had success conceiving again after a 5 week miscarriage a few months ago.
    I wish you all the very best!! Just thought I'd share my experience, which is that the hormones from the miscarriage seem to hang around for a while, and can make things a bit confusing ... but they can also apparenlty increase your chances of conceiving again, as the higher levels of progesterone make a pregnancy more likely. So give it a try ... also I read in another forum that eating pineapple (whole fresh pineapple, a couple of pieces a day, including the core) can increase your chances of a baby sticking - apparently the bromelain in pineapple protects the little guy! Eat it in the days between ovulation and AF.
    Best wishes, you'll be a mum really soon! xo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12