View Poll Results: How long did it take you to see a bfp after your miscarriage or loss?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 4 months

19 55.88%
  • 5 - 8 months

10 29.41%
  • 9 - 12 months

4 11.76%
  • More than one year

1 2.94%

Thread: Average time for bfp after Miscarriage or Loss

Default Average time for bfp after Miscarriage or Loss

AnnaBelle would like to know the average time it took you to see a bfp after miscarriage or loss. You can indicate your response in this poll.

I voted for how long after DS#1 was born at 19 1/2 weeks It took 2 cycles to conceive DS#2. Varied times for other early losses.

Claire Guest

I lost our baby girl in Oct 06 (she was 17 weeks so that was a late loss) and fell pregnant in Jan 08 with Harry Willem.

I just got my first BFP this morning, since having M/C in July.

Congrats charlotte !!!!!!!!

Congrats Charlotte!

We waited a few months before actively trying again, but it didn't take long once we did.

congrats charlotte

i got my bfp this week it took nearly 7mnths

I waited until after the EDD of my angel baby before I TTC. It was the first month trying (lucky me) after that EDD. Although it was 6 months after my angel m/c. I wanted to wait because I felt it would be better for my head IYKWIM.

Personal choice to wait. To each their own.

Best wishes ANnabelle.

It took us 5 months to get our BFP after we lost Cooper but I have fertility problems so we needed a bit of help. It is a personal choice as to when you want to start trying again. My ob suggested TTC straight away but my gp suggested waiting a year. There is no way I could have waited a year. Physically you can start whenever you feel ready, it is the mental side of things that is the hardest to deal with.

All the best.

Claesmummy Guest

I had my first miscarriage in January 2006. We waited 1 month then tried again. Fell pregnant in March, miscarried again in June. Had to wait 3 months because I had to have a currette (not sure how to spell that!) as I didn't pass this one like I did with the first. Tried again and fell pregnant in October. Finally success - my beautiful baby Clae is now 18 months old.

I miscarried in early January this year and then got our BFP in May. We actually waited a couple of cycles deliberately so that my mind and body had time to heal after our loss. We are now 4 weeks off meeting our baby Buttons!! YAY!!!

I was asked to wait until my hcg levels were back to 0 and wait 3 mths before trying again, we conceived first try after the waiting period was up.

Thanks for voting
    Great to see that there is hope after a mc

Happy 2008

I saw a BFP right away after my first m/c. Then the 2nd month we tried after m/c #2 and then the 2 month we tried after m/c #3

Happy to say am past the m/c point in this pregnancy! It took 10 months to see a BFP and keep it this time around.

It took us nearly a year to get a BDP (Olivia) after my MC. Or did it? I have a sneaking suspicion that I fell pg again straight away and mc'd again, but I will never know for sure . Then I actively avoided TTC at the 'right times' for months and months. I think the fear of another MC was too high.

When I was emotionally ready, it then all seemed to fall into place.........

It's really comforting to me, to have read the survey results to know that the majority of women conceived again within 1-4mths..... hopefully it's my month this month then as i've waited so patiently for my BFP since early m/c in Nov07. Surely, I'm getting close now....