Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Clomid for LPD

Evening Deb, Debbie, Lilylou and Saph!! Wow - we are collecting a little group.

Thank you for asking about me!! I've been on nights and weird shifts (just got home from an extra evening) but still managed to DTD around ovulation!!!!! Yay!!! LOTS of slippery CM which is a little odd (haven't had that much on the clomid this time around) but good. DH just can't keep up with his *chores*. OPK had 2 lines but no surge as such (lines were not the same or darker) but I was on nights so I will just follow by body and its symptoms. Still have LIF and RIF pain intermittently so who knows which side I ovulated on but it could still be a good sign.

I hope you are all doing well and I'll chat to you soon. Poor PAML - what are they in for!?!?!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Deb, you are a fountain of knowledge

x fingers Michelle

Thanks Saph!!

Hi Michelle,
    What cd do you believe you ovulated on?
    Just interested as I haven't detected a surge. My ob thinks it would be highly unlikely for me not to have o'd. I think I o'd yesterday. I am confused and will wait for the results of s.prog on cd21 on Friday (results won't be in until Monday - we're on country time up here!)
    Let's hope we caught healthy strong eggs this month.
    hugs from me

Hi Deb
    CD 15 or 16 I think. I have been getting ovarian pains since Monday and I usually get them a day or so after ovulation. I never got a LH surge though - even when I did get pregnant. I was thinking of going to get a s.prog on CD 21 too (which is also Friday). I just want to be sure I am ovulating even though the physical signs were very good. Prior to clomid my s.prog was not so hot so I am hoping it is greater on the drug.
    Fingers crossed for the healthy eggs meeting some good looking sperm!!

Just tell me to go away if this is too many questions!
    Did you have pelvic discomfort on the clomid - prior to when you felt 'ovulatory pain'? I don't get a detectable lh surge very often either. However I expected to this month and so far no good! I got strong second lines on cd9 and cd10 which is just after I began to experience noticable pelvic discomfort both R) and L) IF and then nothing until a few days ago when again I am getting strong second lines...
    My ob is pretty damn sure of himself (I am laughing) and says he'll walk naked down the main street if I didn't ovulate around cd12,13 or 14.
    What were your progesterone levels prior to clomid?

It's good to talk to someone who is experiencing the same thing at the same time and compare 'notes' a bit. I hope that's okay?

Hugs to you and here's to good progesterone levels!

Hi everyone,
    Well today I got a true positive opk. I can't even believe it. CD20. This means that I am ovulating later on Clomid than naturally! I just don't get it. I had my prog. level done today as I need to "prove" to my ob that I o'd later as he seems quite certain that I o'd early.
    I will phone tomorrow for my results and let you all know what they were.
    I will make a time to see him late next week to review what the go is...
    I have had a shocker of a 24 hours. I got a phone call from an icu ward in Brisbane to say my dad had been admitted - he had a massive bleed. Gastroenterologist couldn't find the cause as the blood loss was so great. He went to theatre with really not much hope of a good outcome. The blood was going in almost as quick as it was going out.
    Anyway he made it through theatre and is progressing well. I can't believe it - the tough old bugger! The surgeon spoke to me today and said it was a 'miracle' after what he had been through that he has survived. Anyway he's not out of the woods yet but I think he will be okay.
    It is all the more messy because I haven't seen my dad for 7 years. He kinda dropped off the planet - he had made me power of attorney years ago and now I am left to run his business and organise affairs until he can again. Oh wow it never rains it pours.

I've had better days my loves - anyway the good thing about rain is that there is always a rainbow...

Hi Deb - I'm a nurse. There is nothing you can ask that I won't answer I value the honest approach and it is the only way people around me have been *normal* since Caitlyn's birth.
    I was getting a heavy feeling in the pelvis, not specifically on either side but just a general congested feeling in the week before ovulation. My progesterone levels prior to clomid were 19 (I think - they were just inside the parameters of normal). My gynae told me I ovulate - just not well. LOL Charming!!! Your guy sounds lovely (even if he is too ****y for his own good!!!) I so hope you get to take him up on that dare!!!

Is your Dad any better?? I am hoping your rainbow appears VERY soon.

P.S. Ask any questions you like - I really don't mind and it is lovely to have someone in a similar position.

Thanks for your reply Michelle. I can see why you are on clomid with your level - I am sure you will find success. I am crossing fingers for you! I hear you about the nurse thing. I just wanted to be sure you didn't feel intruded on!
    It's so nice to be able to share this journey with you and the other women in here. Otherwise it would be a lonely journey.

Well I just hated (she laughs raucously!) to say I told you so but my prog. was only 16. Indicating that I have not ovulated or I have and it was poor or I have only JUST ovulated. Surprise surprise!!!!!

I still have positive opk this am but this evening it is a touch lighter than positive. Indicating that the surge is coming down. So I would say I o'd last night but we'll be at the 'work bench' again tonight just in case!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to my ob on his take on the late ovulation thing. He believes that yes science says that we 'should' o around 14 days after our last bleed for optimal eggs however that often doesn't happen and more often than not healthy babies are conceived.

As for me he says there is a very small amount of women that clomid will increase the follicular part of the cycle as well as the luteal and perhaps I am one of them! He said it would seem that the clomid has affected my cycle as I have ovulated later than normal for me.

I will have my prog. level done again on Monday. We should see a significant rise to say that I have ovulated well - over 40. Keep your fingers crossed for me that the clomid has increased my luteal phase otherwise if I caught the eggy it may not stick.

Well, I have to let it go for now as it's out of my hands!

How are you Debbie????
    Love to you all.

good luck deb, debbie and michelle. Im watching this thread with keen interest. i am too not having much luck with the conception or the sticking!!! Im having surgery on wed for poss endo, and while in there they will check my uterus lining and my tubes to may sure they are all clear. Not looking forward to it at all, am scared silly..... but hopefully will give me some answers!! I too am on the path to "over the hill" hahaha, just one more please!!!
    Take care all you lovely woman.....such a hard road sometimes.....

Chelle - good luck for Wednesday - surgery is a scary thing sometimes, I understand.
    I have fingers and toes crossed for you.
    Where is everyone else???? Maybe you've all retired to the bedroom?????????????
    My dad is still critical but stable. He had a reaction to some blood products but his kidneys (I am shocked), lungs, heart and liver are running like well oiled machines. In the next few days we will know if there has been any neurological damage due to the effects of the oxygen depletion.
    Yep, it's been a bloody awful week and I have cried many tears, many out of the confusion of the situation.

On a brighter note one of my closest friends has returned a positive preg test after her first round of clomid!!!!! Yippee. She is a bit shocked. Her last baby was conceived the cycle before they were to begin on ivf. She is 38 - so all of us who have the ummm wisdom of years can take heart!

Have a great weekend gorgeous women.

Good luck with the blood test today Deb. I am terrified of getting a poor result and not knowing what to do next. Well, I can only do what I am doing so far. I don't know if they will give me the result over the phone or whether I need to wait till days off on Wednesday to go in an get them. My usual GP is on holidays so I will probably need to go in ... unfortunately.

Your Dad must be a trooper to still have functioning kidneys!!!! What an achievement. Are they thinking that hypoxic brain injury is possible for him?? Obviously with a significant drop in Hb would be a problem (to say the least) but considering his other organs .....

A big to all you other girls too!!

Yeah he is a trooper. Yep to hypoxic brain injury but it seems that all is well in the top paddock so far. The RN that looked after him during his bleed said that it was one of those 'done deals' - he really didn't think he would make it. I live an hour and a half away and the intensivist told me that I wouldn't get there in time... I am truly shocked that he has pulled through seemingly quite unscathed. He smokes a couple of packets of ciggies a day - has for as long as I can remember and has a 'few' nips of scotch a night. He's an ex cop. You can paint the picture! So much for all my years of sprooking to him what he was doing to his health!!!

I understand your fears about your blood result. It's scary isn't it. Just remember thuogh that if the results aren't so great this cycle that doesn't mean they won't be next cycle. I am in there barracking for you! I am hoping I too get a fabbo result and that we both had success and 10 months from now we'll be comparing birth stories!

I've a big day today - I wonder where the other women are???

Big hugs Michelle and thanks for your caring...

Ex cop huh ... explains sooooooo much!!!! I have one of those in the family too and have grown up with many as good friends. Sometimes I think there is a pattern to life that we don't know about (kind of like God has an expiry date for each of us and you just don't know when that is). Obviously your Dad's still *good* at the moment with a bit more shelf life!!!

Hopefully the other women are all getting set for their own little miracles. Enjoy your needle (NOT!!!)

Hi Michelle,
    Thanks for that. I so agree, I have seen enough in my time to truly believe that we each have our 'used by' date. If his was up then last Wednesday was the perfect exit, but no!
    I am having my blood test tomorrow. I believe I ovulated Friday (cd21) so I will give it 3 days for a nice progesterone level (please, please please!). Did you have yours today?
    If so Wednesday is P day for both of us hey?!!

Where are all you other women????

Talk soon...

I had my blood test on Friday which was CD 21. I need to get the results and that will have to wait until my days off. Fingers crossed for both of us too!!!

Are you out there Debbie? Is everything okay? I have been thinking of you a lot... Only 4 weeks until your appointment!

Hi Saph, Chelle and LIlylou and Michelle too. Blood test today - results tomorrow for Michell and I. I am so interested to see what they are. We are looking at a dose increase I think for next month...

Have a happy day

Hi all,
    Hope everyone is well.
    Sorry, I have been MIA, just been busy and haven't been able to get on. I hope your dad's feeling well soon Deb. Can't believe you have ovulated this late on clomid, I thought that it brought ovulation forward. It's something I'm looking into but hoping I don't have too try. To be honest, I am so scared that I'm going to have 'problems'. Up till now, I've only ever been to obs once, he was happy with my charts I showed him and didn't believe I needed any help or tests. I'm too much of a stress head as it is without having to have tests etc for ttc. The more I know, the worse I get. I've often thought my LP could be longer, but too scared to go and get bloods done. I'll just see how things go. I don't know how you guys do it. I guess this could be the start of it for me.

I think I may have ovulated last Thursday as I had signs, very strong OPK Wednesday, but I also had a very slight line on HPT test so I gather I can't fall pregnant anyway. My temp was very low still on Friday, so I decided to bd Friday night just incase. Think it would have been too late anyway, needed to bd Thursday. To be honest, I don't think anything will happen this month. I'd be surprised if I even have ovulated? I go back to hospital at the end of this month for my results of m/c.
    Goodluck Michelle and Debbie with your blood tests tomorrow
    take care all
    Last edited by lilylou; August 8th, 2006 at 11:23 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast