Thread: Fear of conceiving after ectopic

Default Fear of conceiving after ectopic

I had an ectopic in February. Thankfully I never lost a tube as I was given Methotrexate. It has been and still is a long physical journey of healing HCG is now at 4 which is awesome. I know I have to wait to TTC. Truthfully I am sofrightened to TTC and the thought of sex really doen't interest me in the least. Anyone can relate?

i too have had an ectopic (and lost the tube) and I can relate...give yourself time...it really does get better eventually, although you will always have that element of fear and anxiety as part of your journey...and I think you need to accept that and also do all you can to try and keep it at a minimum, things like yoga, or acupuncture etc can help...there is the risk of another ectopic etc, but also the chance of a natural healthy pregnancy. I have been pregnant since...sadly those pregnancies have not lasted, but one of them was a natural pregnancy, and with only one "dodgy" tube left, the doctors were surprised that even happened. But it does and can happen!
    I wish you luck. I know what a stressful time it can be.

Thank you for your reply! I know I will need to be brave and try again. I am pleased that I did not lose a tube so I guess I am lucky. I am also thrilled that we conceived as husbands past cancer treatment made me wonder. I will totally look into accupuncture and yoga as wellas follow up with my doctor to get everything checked.
    I am sorry that you have had your experiences but if it means anything you are an inspiration to people like me. I hope to be as brave as you but more so I hope we both get what we are hoping for!

Take care

metho is good in one way as it does not remove your tube but bad in another

you have too wait 3 months before TTC again due to the risks of birth defects, this makes me feel like I have no control over things again but I guess it gives my body more time to recover

My hospital first told me to wait 6 months and then said 4 months should be ok so I think I will need to follow up with my regular doctor. I am ok with waiting a bit and I intend to find out all I can to prevent this from happening again. I know I don't have total control but I want to do what I can. Anyway it seems like the body takes a while to recover. I am 1 month from my meth shots and I am still not feeling great but I am trying to bounce back!
    Hope you are all starting to feel better!

good luck in your recovery and in trying again...I hope it doesn't take too long for you to have a healthy pregnancy