thread: How long after d&c did you get a BFP?

Aug 2007

How long after d&c did you get a BFP?

Hi Girls,

Just curious to see the average for how long it took everyone after a D&C to discover a BFP?

Curious to see how the 'thinning' of the uterine wall affects a bubba taking hold.

Thanks

Add Jakabella on Facebook

Nov 2007
    in Love!

Sorry for your loss Juleswa.

I did not have a d&c after my MC it just happened naturally. But I did get my BFP the very next cyle after my MC...and I have heard of many many woman who have gotten their BFP after a D&C..

I wish you all the best!

Kate

Jan 2009

after my d&c it took 5 months to get a bfp. the d&c was July 08 and I found out I was preg on 14th dec 08.. unfortunately it wasn't a good outcome for us and we lost our little "Hope" on 14th Jan 09. I have heard of people have successful pregnancies well before this timeframe after a d&c though.

Aug 2007

Hey Kate - well done. that's encouraging, i'm booked in for a d&c next week and so am kind of sitting waiting to see what, if anything, will happen before then.

boble - sorry to hear of your little angels. wishing you a world of luck.

i'm thinking about having some acupuncture after the d&c and will be taking some herbs and homoeopathics also, so hope I might be able to kick start my hormones again to start the cycle off rather than just wait for AF to appear which I know can take quite a few weeks. I am quite concerned about the whole thin lining factor so will try and do all i can to get my body up and running and ready for nesting asap.

Jul 2007
    melb

Had a D & C oct 06 and didnt get BFP till oct 07 so 12 months.

Sorry you have to have one, good luck for next BFP

Sep 2008
    Adelaide

Hi Jules.
    Sorry to hear that you've had to go through a D&C
    I had mine in Oct '08 and had our BFP in Dec '08 - So two months (but only one cycle in between).
    Best of luck for you sweety.

May 2009

HI IM FROM UK .
    i had a misccarage aug 08 and still trying now to be honest getting very frustrating

Mar 2009
    Inglewood, WA

Hi. I had my D & C 1st of March, and after 2 af's i got my bfp. I didnt try straight away, i think that worked for me, mentally I dont think i could of coped, plus i do believe with the D & C the lining is scraped so thin it would be hard to implant 'till your af was back to normal.
    Good luck!

Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere

8wks and 2days. one af.
    So sorry to hear of your loss jules.