Thread: How long after D&C till AF??

Default How long after D&C till AF??

Hi,

I had a D&C after a missed miscarriage 5 weeks ago and there is still no sign of AF. I had signs of fertile mucus around day 10 after D&C which made me think I might be ovulating and now I've been having period-pain-like cramps on and off for the last 2 weeks... but still no sign of AF.

How long did it take others in similar situation?

Also, does anyone know of a natural way to bring on your period? I'm getting very frustrated waiting...

Thanks for any help anyone has.

Sam

Hi Sjd:

Sorry for your loss!

I had a D&C after my m/c and didnt really stop bleeding for 4weeks, then had a 2nd D&C and had no sign of anything for 7 weeks, went to OB as getting frustrated as wanted to start trying again and ooops there was no A/f because there was a 5week babe there
    Last edited by Tegam; April 13th, 2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Just removing foot from mouth! sorry sjd!

Hi Milly,

Thanks for your reply. I had practically no bleeding from my D&C. A tiny bit of spotting but no real bleeding. But the chance of us having a babe there are pretty slim, my DH's sperm is 0% normal morphology and low count & motility... no real chance of natural conception.

Sorry Hun i feel like an idiot now

Anyway i hope everything settles for you soon!

Please don't feel like an idiot... thanks for replying.

Hi Sam,

I'm so sorry for your loss

I had a D&C after a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks and AF took 6 weeks to return. My ob said anything from 4 to 6 weeks is normal, but I have heard of ladies around here taking up to 8 weeks for her to return.

I did temp so I knew when to expect AF, which helped me in my mind IYKWIM? I know how agonising it is waiting for her to return after a loss

But I don't know of any natural ways to bring on AF though, sorry. Hope she arrives for you soon

Take care.

Hi Megsmum,

Thanks for your kind words, it is so hard isn't it? I'm sorry for your losses, but very happy for you that you're 23 weeks along! Enjoy!!

From what I've been reading 6 weeks seems to be average... which is still 5 days away... it's just so hard every time you go to the toilet being disappointed... I keep thinking tomorrow will be the day, but keep being disappointed... It's just so hard to stop thinking about. But, what can you do?! I wish we had a window in our tummy to see our uterus!

Thanks again. Wishing you all the best with your little bub.

Sam

laluna Guest

Hi

I had a d&c after a missed miscarriage and my period showed up 7 weeks later. It was very frustrating waiting around so we could start trying again. I was told to wait at least 1 cycle before trying again!!!! It might be worth visiting a natropath, as I did when we first started trying and it got my cycle back into a normal pattern.
    Hope this helps-best wishes
    Laluna