Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long did it take you to conceive after a MC & D&C?

Default How long did it take you to conceive after a MC & D&C?

Hi everyone

I was just wondering, how long did it take you to conceive after your OB gave you the go ahead to conceive after a MC and D&C?
    I have been told I can TTC after one cycle, and have heard that you are highly fertile after a MC, hence was wondering if people have found that they have got pregnant quickly.
    I know everyone is different, though interested to hear your stories.
    Thanks
    B

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I had a miss last oct and told 2 wait 2 months before trying again so that took us to jan and i have only just got preg the other week i am now 5 weeks 2 days so for me it too a long time but i know others who have got preg with in 8 weeks of miss and d an c

Hi bliss,

I lost my baby in march and my ob told me to start ttc straight away but it took my body a little bit to get back to normal again and fell pregnant in september and I am now 11 weeks. Hope you get pregnant again soon!

slade Guest

I can't really help, but just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck.

I had a termination, which i have never forgiven myself for, when i was 18. two months later i was pregnant with my now beautiful little 6 year old girl! And i was on the Pill - so i guess the D&C did make me extra fertile.
    I have just lost a baby too - hoping the D&c will make us more fertile too.
    I am sorry for your loss, but its great to see you are looking at the positive side - its what i am trying to focus on too.

Bliss, it took us 6 months to get pg after our missed m/c in Feb this year, I am now nearly 18 weeks pg, but I did have 2 chemical pgncy in May? and June? I think. Sorry for your loss and hope that you don't have to wait too long to get pg again.

Congratulations, that is great news!
    I am hoping it will be quick for us, though I know I shouldn't think about it too much.
    B

Sharon,
    Congrats! Very exciting!
    What is a chemical pregnancy?

Thanks
    B

Catrionalee,
    Lets hope we both have good luck with a speedy pregnancy!

B

I was pregnant again in August after an early m/c in March, but lost that one straight away too. I found myself unexpectedly pregnant in October (whilst not actively trying) and am now 7 weeks 5 days.

The chemical pregnancies that were referred to mean very early losses that don't develop - basically you get a positive HPT or two but get your AF a few days later.

i had MC in july fell Preg again in October and had another MC in November!

Hi Bliss

It took us 8 months to get pg again after d&c, we were told we could start trying straight away. However - I wasn't temping or anything for the first 6 of those 8 months - fell pg again second month temping. Unfortunately that pg wasn't to be either so am now waiting for 3 months before ttc again this time. Good luck to you and am sure it will all work out for you before too long. Try to just relax (something I found hard to do).

Unhappy

hi, good to know about others experiences I've spent the last two days with light cramping and bleeding which has become heavier followed by [sorry tmi ] clots late this afternoon, I contacted my ivf doc and he seems to think that it is a m/c, seems to be occurring slowly though can anybody tell me if this is normal I keep waiting for the worst to happen but other than feeling lousy nothing much has changed this waiting game is awful, will see ob on Monday to confirm and do what ever needs to be done. I scanned at 6weeks on Monday just gone but no foetal hb. Thank goodness for my 16mth old princesses hugs they are helping me keep it together.
    I don't feel so alone now though
    Allie
    mum to Paige 16mths

Hi Bliss,
    After losing Noah, DH and I conceived Harrison within 3 months... the 1st month just didn't feel right to us, the 2nd month we tried... Temping, OPK's, checking CM and still a BFN... the next month we decided we weren't going to TTC because that would give us a due date in Feb, and we wanted to avoid Feb... we DTD once and that one time gave us Harrison.... what was meant to be was meant to be... we are thrilled to bits with our little man too.
    Wishing you loads of success, health and happiness for when you decide to TTC again.

We started TTC the next cycle after.. it has taken us 5 cycles with 1 chemical pregnancyat cycle 3. Goodluck and all the best!

ETA: I started bleeding on the Wednesday but I didnt pass bubs till midnight sat night and had the D&C Sunday lunch time.
    Last edited by Zee; November 22nd, 2007 at 10:31 PM.

Sending you lots of babydust Bliss!
    Its horrible to know so many have gone through the same thing, yet at the same time so comforting aswel.

Thank you girls for your support!
    Well AF arrived and should be gone soon, so it is nearly time for us to try again. Seems strange to be talking about ovulation dates and trying again when I feel like we just went through it. A bit of Dejavu! Excited though I have to say!
    I know not to keep my hopes up, though even the OB said he thought it would only take us a month or two the second time around.
    Will keep you up to date with how we progress.
    Good luck to you all!!

Wishing you all the best Bliss *babydust* hope it doesnt take you too long.... we just had a early m/c first cycle trying, and now we are 2nd cycle trying so i am hoping it happens for us.

Allie - i'm so sorry *hugs* :hugs:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast