Thread: Hysteroscopy - M/C investigation

Default Hysteroscopy - M/C investigation

Hi

Just wondering what other people's experiences are regarding Hysteroscopy. I had one almost 3 weeks ago as part of my investigative tests after 2 x m/c's and am still spotting. My temp chart has also been lower than usual. Am sure it's nothing to worry about but curious if anyone else has had similar experience.

Hi AJC
    I haven't had a hysteroscopy but am on a waiting list for one. From what I have been told spotting is not normal.Plus it depends on if the Dr did anything to you during the hysteroscopy. Have you contacted your Gyn who did it???
    Was it an office hysteroscopy or a day surgery??? There are alot of facters to take into account to work out why your still spotting.
    Sorry I couldn't be any real help

Take care
    Chris

Thanks for your reply Chris. I went into the hospital day surgery unit, I have a follow up appointment with my ob/gyn in a few weeks so will find out more then I guess.

I had a lap + hyst. in May and I only had spotting for one day, so I would definately ask the dr about it.

Hi there, I had a Lap and Hyst in July and i spotted for about 4 days afterwards. Can you call your gyno and ask instead of waiting for your next appointment. It might help put your mind at ease as it seems a long time to be still bleeding. As for the low temps, i'm not sure about that one

Hello, just wanted to add that I too had a lap and hyster last year in July - I remember spotting after the procedure, but think it only went on for a few days afterwards. I think maybe you should see your Dr - I think I remember some part in my post-op instructions about contacting the Dr for prolonged bleeding. I know you are not bleeding, but to still be spotting after 3 weeks seems unusual.

Thanks MelbGirl, MrsB & leasha. Have spoken to ob/gyn and apparently it's nothing unusual. I had the procedure done in hosp and on the discharge form it said that I may bleed/spot for 2 weeks. I did get af within a week of hyst. too so that may have played a part. They also did an endometrial biopsy so perhaps that played a part. Temps have gone back to 'normal' and haven't spotted in almost 24hrs now so I think I'll be back to 'normal' soon. Post op instructions only said to worry if it's really heavy bleeding (heavier than normal af), painful or offensive odour.

Anyway - thanks again.