Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I require HCG injections than progesterone injection

Default I require HCG injections than progesterone injection

Hello - just found out the reason for my 2 miscarriages - i have very low progesterone - apparently there are 3 classes u can be graded in - type 1-3 type 3 being the worst - im type 2-3 - there for at a certain stage of my cycle i need to give myself injections of HCG for every 2 days for 2wks - than wait a week do a preg test have to wait cause apparently the injections can give u a false positive (thrills just what i need) and than if i am preg i have to have regular progesterone injections - i have a massive fear of needles so im not going to be able to handle this i dont think!
    Is there anyone else out there going through this?

Hj,

I've posted under thread ? progesterone deficiency.

Can you not use pessaries for the progesterone?
    You do know that is it helps you stay pg then it cant be that bad.
    Hope the treatment works out for you and you have a sticky pg soon!
    xo

Ruf - yeah i can use pessaries but apparently they arnt as good as the injections - and he said with how low my progesterone is i would be better off with the injections!!

Hi Harmony
    Well at least you have an answer!!!!! Might not be a nice one ...... Sorry!!!!

I don't like needles and I have to get them every 2 months & blood tests. I know I don't have to inject myself but it is a very painful little sucker.
    Talk to Kev and see if he would poke you (he he he he ...sorry I sholdn't giggle!)

But at the end when you have a baby in your arms it will be all worth it.

Take care
    Chris

Hey Harmony,

I'm sure that if you tell yourself that it is for you to be able to keep a baby, then it will be a lot easier to do. i'm sure kev will be able to support you with it, and I'm always around!

love ali

Hey Ali - i could always get u or Jason to give me the needle! hahaha - no wouldnt put u through that i kick and scream and it takes 5 ppl to hold me down!!!

Chris - i know its good that i have an answer - however it still dosent seem like it will help me - i really dont see me having a baby!! which is the part that gets me down big time! its not meant to happen like this! not for anyone!!! and as for seeing if kev will poke me! hahaha - of course he will!

Maybe there is a community nurse or someone who can do your shots for you. I think if you really want this, you will do what it takes, no matter how hard and scary it might be.
    You can do it!

Hi Harmony
    I hope I didn't up set you with my humour .
    I was trying to make you smile.

Is there any other way to get the meds into you, patches, creams nasal sprays.
    Because if it is really distressing for you to get needles you might be an alternative method.....

You will become a mum!!! Just keep thinking of that baby....

Some women go through hell to get preg, I personaly know 2 girls who have unexplained infertility and they have been through hell for years and years (more like 4-5 yrs). When I start to get down and ready to through in the towel and say 2 babys is enough I think of them and their quests to get preg, hopefully all I need is a few opps to make my uterus viable to carry a baby.

So stop thinking like that - Chin up, boobs out!!!!! Remember your on a mission to get a bundle of joy!!!!! (did I get a smile or giggle with that one???)

Cheers
    Chris

Ruf - i have the nurses at work that will give me the injections!!! so hopefully they wont hurt me

Chris - u didnt upset me - u actually made me smile!!! ur funny u always make me smile! exspecially the chin up and boobs out comment!
    there was pessaries that i could of had but apparently they wouldnt be good enough cause of how low the progesterone is - so injections are the only option! im trying to think positive now! i have had sooo many words of encouragement from everyone! how can i not have a little glimmer of hope!!!
    anynews of a date for your operations yet???

Yay Harmony!! I'm very pleased to hear you're feel more positive!! I'm so proud of you,

Hi Harmony
    I am glad I made you smile.

I'm sorry to here that it is needles with no other option. I used to be terrified of needles, but I have had to work through it. I am glad there is someone who can do it for you and nurses should know how to make them less painful. I have to have a needle quite often and the nurse at the Dr's gives it to me. (I just look the other way and she jabs me and it is apainful little bugger too and she tells me every time that everyone tells her this one hurts).
    Is your needle called depo provera?? As I have had that progesterone needle and I cant remember if it is an ouch or not..
    I don't know anything about HCG needles.

No news yet about my opp, I sit and wait every day for the posty (he probably thinks I'm stalking him hehehehehe).
    I can't wait to find out so I can make arrangement, and to know if my uterus can carry another baby.

Take care
    Chris

I think its called PREGNYL!!! the doctors handwritting is hard to read! do u know anything about pregnyl??
    i think its horrible what u are going through! to have to wait like that would be torture!! doctors and hospitals etc can be mean cant they!
    One thing my FS did say was that my first mth of charting looked good and as far as mucus and temps went it was pretty much what thing were meant to do!! so i guess that is some good news! im a lil worried tho - i was CD9 yesterday and got some mucus - sorry if tmi!!! now last cycle my fertile stage didnt start until CD12!!! whats with early mucus? i hope something else isnt going wrong now!!!

Hi Harmony
    Not sure about the Pregnyl?
    Every month your body is different so getting the cm is normal I think.
    When do you start with needles?

I hope that you get preg the first month of needles!!!!! So you don't have to do it too often.
    Take care
    Chris

New news for me - i am no longer going to do the PREGNYL injections - after a long chat with DH and some reasearch we decided they werent what is right for me - so instead i will be starting progesterone pessaries instead soon! hopefully they will be better and hopefully they will work!!!

YAY Harmony!

I hope that the pessaries will work their magic for you, and that you are holding a new little bubba soon.

Lets hope it doesn't look to much like santa of john howard tho!

Hahahaha thanks for that Ali!
    so far im not liking the sound of these pessaries however gotta be better than the self injections!!!

i would probably have to agree with you there! But if it means that you'll have a baby at the end, then it is worth a try!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast