Thread: I thought I'd ask this here.

Default I thought I'd ask this here.

When can I expect AF after a m/c? I m/c'd on 4/30 and its been 4w 1d since then. I was wondering when it would start. My numbers are all back to normal, but I don't even feel that af is even coming anytime soon. How long should I wait before I call my doc to see what she thinks is going on? TIA!

First let me say sorry for your loss and welcome to our forum!

I think you'll find it varies a bunch...depends strictly on your body...I m/c December 19th 2007 and didn't get AF until March 1st 2008. When your body is ready it'll come...wish I had a better answer...

Good luck TTC

Peyton and Eli...as in the Manning boys?

Quote Originally Posted by smilanatu View Post
    First let me say sorry for your loss and welcome to our forum!

I think you'll find it varies a bunch...depends strictly on your body...I m/c December 19th 2007 and didn't get AF until March 1st 2008. When your body is ready it'll come...wish I had a better answer...

Sorry for your loss as well! I would just like af to show so I can move forward. After my first m/c I thought I couldn't have children because it wasn't happening and we were like rabbits. Well nearly 15 months from that m/c I did finally get pg. I just hope that it doesn't take that long! I know it will happen only when its meant too.

Good luck TTC

Peyton and Eli...as in the Manning boys?
    Thank you! and yes they were named after the Mannings. My dh likes the Giants, Patriots and Colts. So we used all 3 QB's for names. Peyton's middle name is Brady after Tom Brady. Its only coincidence that Eli's middle name of Hunter is a QB too. Because Peyton's back-up is named Hunter Smith.

hash52398 Guest

I had a D&C on March 7 and bled for about a week. Before I was pregnant, my cycle was 40 days. I waited for AF until 7 weeks after the D&C and then called my doctor. They put me on progesterone for 10 days and then I finally got my period 9 weeks after my D&C (about 4 days after the progesterone was done). I bled fairly heavy for my, but I'm not sure if that is due to the miscarriage or the progesterone.

hi mom2pne: bit late in replying i know... just in case you were still wondering, i got my first af about 4 weeks & 4 days from the day i had my d&c... sorry about your loss... keep in touch in the other threads!