Thread: The inevitable monthly wait.

Default The inevitable monthly wait.

We lost a baby (Freddy) in October last year. We didn't plan for him, but we were over the moon to find out I was pregnant. After we lost him we decided to hold off trying again for a few months, but since Nov we (or me mainly, my partner just hears about it...over and over....) have been doing the monthly 2 week wait after Ovulation.

It bloody kills me every time i'm on the internet looking at symptom lists umming and ahhhring even though I know them word for word. Am I about to have a period or am I pregnant?

I find the worst days are the 2 days before my period is due, I can't think about anything else. Literally, I spend the whole 2 days running to the toilet to see if my period has come. Unfortunately i'm not known for having regular periods and they range from 27 days to 33!!!!!! days, But FF kindly informs me I have an average of 30 day cycles. (since oct) before all of this I never understood the importance of charting periods and generally didn't bother. I am a newly converted period and symptom expert.

Anyway, I am once again in the 2 day wait time. This time I have backache. Surely, I must be pregnant right?!?! Ha, well looks like i'm back to square one. I am actually off to scour the internet for other weird and wonderful symptoms I never knew I had. Anyone has any I would love to hear them maybe not eh...

Hilarity aside, I'm not sure how well I will take another BFN. Meh.

Fingers, toes, knees and elbows and even my eyes crossed for you hun. Now of course, I look a bit scarey and I can't walk, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make if it makes the slightest bit of difference!!

All the very very best for a BFP. I'll be thinking of you.

Hi, wishing you the best of luck. I am sure there are a lot of us on here who can relate to what you are feeling for various reasons, but all for the same end result. And you know what, it just seems to happen in that cycle that you think there is no way possible!!!??? The urge for some people after a loss you have experinced can be so strong.... I understand the feeling. I hope it happens soon for you.

Unhappy

AF turned up a matter of hours after I posted this. I am feeling very meh.

I'm so sorry, I am not looking forward to that agony again thats why I'm actually relieved to be taking a small break though I'm sure I will keep the thought in the back of my mind that maybe this is the month. Good luck and I will keep my fingers crossed that next month it will happen