Thread: New to the TTC journey

Default New to the TTC journey

I am new to the TTC rollercoaster. Yesterday I got my first AF after giving birth to my angel baby. I don't know if I am ready for the emotions that TTC is going to bring, but one thing I do know is that I want a baby to take home and watch grow into a wonderful human being. Nothing will ever replace Harrison, but I just want to smile again. I have to admit, I have been looking at the TTC thread for a while now. I have a question which may be TMI but with the first AF after a loss, is it supposed to be really heavy and with clots? I have never had such a heavy AF and just don't want anything else to be wrong with me I also have a really stupid question. I know BFP means a positive pregnancy test, but what does it actually stand for? I am new to these types of forums and I just can't figure it out. Anyway I am trying to let myself get excited about this journey instead of being filled with negative thoughts. Guess I just have to jump on this rollercoaster and hold on tight. Spring Angel

Hey Spring Angel...

So sorry to hear about the loss of Harrison and his twin. You must be an amazingly strong woman to have gone through such a tough time.

I can't help you with the AF question...but I'm sure someone will be able to.

BFP stands for big fat positive.

The link below has a "sticky" with all the abbreviations explained...

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ead.php?t=2055

Just wanted to wish you all the very best in getting on the TTC rollercoaster...and a BFP really soon!

Hi Spring Angel - Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck for a BFP soon. You really do deserve it after what you've been through:-(

When you feel up to it you're welcome to visit us in the ttc after m/c & loss thread - you'll find heaps of support there!
    If you are concerned about the bleeding and the clots maybe contact your OB or your Dr and ask them. At least that will set your mind at ease:-)

Hi Spring Angel,

My first AF after my d&c was heavy as, I was in a lot of pain and spent two days on painkillers. I had PMS for two weeks leading up to it which is unusual for me as usually its 2-3 days. I wen through so many pads before it came because i was 'sure' it was about to come. I had a bit of clotting but that's not really all that unusal for me as i find AF is usually hard & fast, but much worse than usual. My second af was a better but stopped & started and i spotted for a few days after which again is unsual for me. On a positive note I am not expecting AF this month ( well I hope not fingers crossed) as I got a BFP this morning so on cycle three it all come together!!

A Big Congrats to you Maybebabie!! YAY.
    Pls let me join you soon, Praying,lol.

Congratulations on the Maybebabie
    That is fantastic news!!!
    thanks for the advice about AF. It has been really weird this month, yesterday I was really starting to get worried and was going to call my OB today, but as of this morning it is basically gone.. go figure, I think my body is all over the place but I guess that is to be expected. I am going to join the TTC after m/c and loss thread soon.
    sending you
    Thanks for all the advice girls
    Spring Angel