Thread: Please share successes after ectopic

Default Please share successes after ectopic

Hello!

I am recovering from an ectoic and as of today I think my HCG levels should be normal. I am now wanting to focus on positive thoughts! Do any of you have any success stories to share about healthy pregnancies after an ectopic (either with a lost tube or both tubes). Do you have any advice on how to proceed after an ectopic as far as medical follow up before trying to conceive. We will start trying in July which will be just over 4 months from the date of my ectopic and methotrexate treatment. I want to be ready and use these few months to take care of myself and prepare myself for a successful pregnancy. Anyway if you have anything to share please do!

Last edited by teme; March 28th, 2009 at 01:35 AM. Reason: spelling

My SIL had an ectopic about 4/5 years ago and she lost 1 tube. They decided to use IVF and had triplets. Then last year nature took it's course but again it was another ectopic so she lost the 2nd tube. They went back to IVF and had the last embryoy (sp) implanted and she has just had a beautiful girl last week.

Thank you for that success story. I really hope I don't need to end up having IVF as I have 2 tubes intact but am glad your SIL had success. I need good news stories to stay hopeful!

Hi Teme,

My second pregnancy ended because it was ectopic. My doctor advised me to wait 6 months before ttc, but it took 18 months to pall pregnant again. I have a beautiful nearly 3 year old dd because of that pregnancy. Funnily enough, she was the only pregnancy that took any time, and she is the only one that stuck.... I have had two pregnancies since her birth (both recently) that required no effort to fall pregnant, neither have been ectopic, but neither lasted very long.

Thank you for your response. Congrats on having a healthy baby. You give me hope! Sorry to hear about your losses I really want to stay positive so hearing successes is a great way to keep a positive attitude.

Thought I would activate my quest for success stories as I am getting closer to TTC again. My stress level about a reoccurence is fairly high. I feel like when we actually try again I am going to feel like I am jumping off a cliff and waiting to see what happens. TTC is hard enough without the worry that an Ectopic could occur again. Anyway just looking for some hope I know the stats are 20% chance of it happening again which isn't too high but would love more success stories. I know I am lucky because I have both tubes still but nervous none the less.

this month is our first TTC after MTX treatment starting the tww and hoping for a BFP

I have decided not to even think this could happen again as I want the whole TTC and pregnancy to be a happy and exiting experience just the same as it would be if noting had happened rather than a waiting for something to go wrong

As terrible and sad as the whole ectopic experience was I want to move on and get on with living life not looking back and thinking of the past

You have such a great attitude! I really hope you have a successful month. I know you are right really we all do have a greater chance of success. TTC should be a fun and enjoyable time and I will try my best to adopt a similar attitude to you

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I don't have a personal experience to share, but a friend of mine had a D&C after it was discovered that her second pregnancy was ectopic (her first pregnancy resulted in a gorgeous little girl)... I don't know if she lost any tubes, and I don't know how long she was TTC after her loss, but I do know that it wasn't terribly long before she and her partner welcomed a perfectly healthy, gorgeous little boy to their family!! If my memory serves me correctly, I was pregnant with DD when she told me she was pregnant but it was ectopic, and her little boy was born... umm well my DD was still very small so I'm sure it was *definitely* within 12 months of her losing her second pregnancy that she fell pregnant with her son, if that makes sense? It wasn't long at all.
    Again, I don't know her personal circumstances, but she did say that it took very little effort to fall pregnant, and that the pregnancy with her son was very easy, and now they have a complete little family that is just wonderful. So I do believe there is hope for you!! I'm very sorry that you had the misfortune to suffer an ectopic pregnancy, but it's good to see you're trying to stay positive and give things another go - try not to stress, as there is light at the end of the tunnel and as you say, the chances of this happening to you again are quite low, so I wish you the best of luck!!
    Last edited by Glamourcide; May 4th, 2009 at 12:20 AM.

Thank you for sharing these stories they really do help me a lot!

teme I took that attitude after going to a support group after the loss
    I was listening to one women who was saying how her loss affected the rest of her life she was pregnant again and was not enjoying her pregnancy due to the prior loss I then decided that I was not going to let that happen to me

although I think if something was to go wrong again it would be a whole different matter

when we first got pregnant with the ectopic it was the first month we had been using OPK and we got a BFP
    this month we had also been using the same kits and same method so I decided that I was going for a BFP this time also just hope I am right figures crossed for 15th May

best of luck for you also

hi teme, im a newbie here and i wanted to say thank you for starting this thread....

i just had my surgery to remove my ectopic pregnancy 10 days ago.....we want to start TTC as soon as possible when my doctor gave us the all clear, so this thread gave me lot of positive thoughts and encouragements which should be good for me to stay positive and hopeful for our next ttc round in a couple of months

Kiwi gal I am sorry for your loss but glad that you are looking towards the future. I too am hoping to TTC in the near future. I have finished the 3 months after my methotrexate treatment but will need to wait a little longer. My DH is going in for brain surgery in July so I think I will nurse him back to health as quick as I can so we can TTC hopefully in late August. I feel positive about the future but just don't think TTC would be good right now as it will bring about some stress. Another great site is the ectopic pregnancy trust it is full of great support. I hope you are blessed with success!!!

glad someone has found some more info on MTX as not much around