Thread: Really long cycles and TTC after MC

Unhappy Really long cycles and TTC after MC

Hi all,

This is probably more of a vent than anything else, but maybe im not alone here!

I got preg in Nov 06 when i was on the pill, obviously unplanned, but DH and i were over the moon. In Jan i miscarried and had the D&C etc. We decided that even tho we hadnt planned to have kids just yet, we had the bug, and have been anxious to conceive ever since! The problem we have had, aside from DH being away a lot with the army this year, is my cycle.

I've been charting temps, and because this was driving me crazy and really not getting me anywhere, we tried Maybe Baby. Since my D&C my cycle has ranged from 15 days (first cycle after D&C) to 55 days. I seem to have settled for now at about 47 days. This is so so frustrating because it is like we have so many less opportunities to conceive, and DH always seems to be away when im ovulating according to Maybe Baby. He leaves for the middle east with the army next month and we really wanted to be pregnant before he left but i've all but lost hope now.

I keep wondering if there is anything i can do to make my body do what i want, and ovulate when he's home, as irrational as that is!!! To make it worse, DH has 3 sisters, 2 are pregnant at the moment, and the other already has 2 kids. DH is the second oldest, and being the only boy we keep getting back handed comments from the family about being the only ones without kids. They know what we've been thru and that we are trying and i HATE those questions and the assumption there is something wrong with us because we havent fallen pregnant just by deciding we want to, as seems to happen with everyone around us...

Anyway, thats enough of a novel about my TTC issues, as i said, i know im not the only one out there going thru this, still drives me crazy!!! Oh for a 28 day cycle....!

Bec - wish i could help you but i cant - i can just sympathise with you - sorry to hear of your MC - i too had one this year - but i guess im one of the lucky ones - my cycle went pretty much back to normal - however instead of being 28day im between 30-33 - so not too much of a difference!
    i can also sympathise with you on your DH being away with the army alot - my DH was in the army at enogerra until about 2yrs ago - and he was away heaps - which can be tough - however we werent TTC back than! He is now a firey and im with the ambulance service so still we dont get too see each other much - so we too are having trouble being together at the right times!
    I dont think there is anything you really can do to make your body ovualate when you want it too - im still trying to work out when i ovualate! hehe
    anyways - although i cant help you - i can chat and lend u a sympathetic ear!
    Goodluck with the TTC and fingers are crossed that u do catch the egg before DH goes away!

Thanks hj1981! I think its good be able to vent on here with ppl that have more of an understanding about what we're going thru, DH's family tried, or thinks they do, bless them, but they dont really get it!
    For a while there i was sure it was all part of an army consipracy to make sure DH wasnt worrying about his pg wife at home when he's away! But no, its just my body! I swear, even with maybe Baby i struggle to know when im ovulating! The whole ferning, partial ferning business, but its better than the opks i think...
    If we dont catch the egg this cycle it means we will have at least 2 more Christmas's childless 6 more months not being able to try will really suck!!!
    Fingers crossed

What reg was ur DH in? my DH has been at Enoggera for about 6 years with reserves, and full time since Nov last year...

Good luck to u too!!!

i havent tried maybe baby - ive just started using a OPK this week - dont know whats so bad about them tho!
    My DH was in TOPO?!?! 1ST TOPOGRAPHICAL SQUADRON - have u heard about it?
    everyone keeps telling me to stop worrying about falling preg - cause while im worrying and stressing its not going to happen - i know its easier said than done - but its worth a go!
    The last time i fell preg (which ended in MC) We only dtd once that mth - and i had given up on the thought of falling preg and it happened - so i guess there is some truth in it all!
    Hey there is a post for a meet up with all the girls from Brissy if your interested in joining!

I know exactly what u mean about ppl telling u to relax, dont stress, it will happen...easier said than done!!!

I just like the maybe baby coz its a spit test and u just use it over and over, so no peeing on a stick or anything! So much easier! Thats just me tho!

Havent heard of TOPO, but it does ring a bit of a bell, maybe i've driven past them at Enoggera! my DH was in 9rqr and is in 2/14 now, he drives ASLAVs...

When we got pg Nov last year we werent trying at all, i was on the pill, and kept taking the pill, didnt even test til Jan, coz i skipped the red pills coz DH wasnt home much at the time, he was training to go to the Solomons and i didnt want AF getting in the way! Only tested coz i'd been really tired and feeling a bit nauseous...

I'll check out that brissie post for sure!

if i dont fall preg this mth - i might look into getting the maybe baby!
    i will see u in the brissy post - u should come - might cheer u up a bit!

Hi Bec83

sorry to hear of you M/C and the problems your having with your AF after loosing my little girl at 23 wks my periods were all over the place i would get one every 2 month then 2 weeks then 5 wks but they started to settle down and then all of a sudden started messing about again my friend told me about these herbal tablets called ovulex she took them for 2 weeks and fell pregnant so i ordered them of the internet as you cant get them in shops and i have been taking them for 2 months i have been less stressy and my periods are regular i have one every 32 days and i ovulate when i should and for longer as thats what the tablets are ment to do so i think they are worth a try if you look it up on the internet and have a read about it the are ment to level out your hormones and that let me know what you think about it and good luck with it all. Hope i have helped a little take care honey

Munchy xxx

Thanks Munchy, i'll definately check them out!

Sorry to hear about ur little girl, fingers crossed u get the egg again soon!

Bec xxx

Hi Bec

thanks honey, did you check them out if so what did you think of the tablets i thought for the price they were worth a try i really hope i get my BFP this month anyway good luck with everything and hope your ok.

Munchy xxx

Hi Munchy,
    Had a look into those tablets and they sound really promising, i saw a thread on BB about it oo...I've got some of the vitex already which my sister in law was on when she was TTC, and as thats the main ingredient i think i'll start taking that, and see how i go.
    DH is due home on Saturday and i think i'll be ovulating Monday/Tuesday...Last chance to catch the egg before he goes to Iraq for 6 months! If we dont catch it this cycle i'll probably get the ovulex to get myself all in tip top shape ready for when he gets home!

I have my fingers crossed ur get ur BFP this month!!!

Thanks hun!

Bec xxx

Hi bec

i think the thread about it was made by me when i was thinking about getting them. just a quick question what is vitex and what does it do also sorry to hear that your DH is going for six months i dont know how you do it i bet you are so proud of him but at the same time i bet you worry all the time and miss him heaps well i have my fingers crossed that you catch that egg this month and you have a lovely bub.

Munchy xxx

gotta love the army life...! I am SO proud of him tho
    Vitex, or Vitex Agnus Castus 'is ann effective herb for regulating female hormones' My SIL's naturapath put her onto it to regulate periods and help get her body in the best TTC state it can be in...She also had her hubby take Zinc. She was on it for 3 months i think...She's due Jan 10! Apparently she noticed it working within about 2 weeks, helps u recognise when ur ovulating and stuff... Check it out, its cheap i got a 50ml bottle for $19 i think from th health food store, u use 2ml a day in juice or water...tastes awful, but if it works...!!! U can get tablets or liquid, this naturapath said the liquid is more effective...Next time ur in a health food store have a look!
    Bec xxx

Hi, sorry for your loss. I used to take Vitex and had two short lived pregnancies whilst on it. It did nothing for my cycle (except possibly make it shorter but that could have been because of the m/c's) but I was originally taking it for PMS and it did help for that. I'm pg again now and this was achieved without vitex and whilst I was under a huge amount of stress, so I no longer believe what they say about stress being a barrier to falling pregnant. I also didn't do any of the usual things like drinking pineapple juice and elevating hips, avoiding coffee (in fact I probably drank more coffee than I ever have in my life).

Maybe baby's don't work for all women. It used to work OK for me when I was younger, but as I got older and I became more estrogen dominant it just didn't work for me. I found temping worked best.

Good luck with your TTC. Don't worry if you are not pg before he goes away - do you really want to spend your entire pregnancy without him? I know I wouldn't want that, it's nice to have your partner there fussing over you and looking after you.

Hi bec83

that vitix sounds ok i think i will carry on with the ovulex for now as i still have 4 bottles to get through and then i will try the vitex if we do it in england i will have to look we do have alot of those health shops about. I went to docs yesterday as when my periods went all funny the other month i had to have a smear and swabs and they said if they all came back ok i would need a BT so i am booked in for my BT to check all my hormones and then on day 21 of my cycle i am having another BT to check if i am ovulating i think i do as i get pains but it will be nice to rule everything out its just i have been trying for a yr and it feels like ages so if i no there is no problem then hopefully i will fall pregnant soon. and satya about the hubby going to army and no what you mean about having him there while pregnant but sometimes wanting another baby just takes over iykwim and there is nothing you want more than to be pregnant also bec does he go away for 6 months hen come back for 6 months then go again?

Munchy xxx

Hey Munchy,
    Wow, sounds like things r a little crazy for u at the moment!!! It will be reassuring to confirm when u r Oing, absolutely!
    Im pretty sure i O on day 27/28 of m cycle, soundscrazy when most girls whole cycles r 28 days!
    DH will be away for 6 months then home for at least 12, so if we get a BFP before he goes he will be home for the birth and the first 12months...
    We're in the TWW now, im trying so hard not to think about it tho! Even tho its only been like 3 days since O and plenty of BD!
    Im not really concerned about being pregnant with DH away, last time i only found out i was pg after DH had left overseas with the army, and it was fine. It would be nice to have him here, but im one of these ppl that doesnt like a fuss being made, id rather just get on with it! i have DHs family really close and they are very supportive, so it would be ok! Plus it would be really exciting for both of us when we get to see each other on his holidays (we're meeting in Italy for 2 weeks in march!). It would be amazing leaving, no outward signs, then see him when i'd be about 4 months and starting to show, then he'd be home may/june, and we'd be due around the start of august (i think!). So DH would be home for the important stuff! But if this month isnt it, just have to start trying again next year!
    Anyway...! Good luck this month, fingers crossed u catch the egg this cycle!
    Bec
    xx

Hi bec

it is a little crazy with me at the moement but glad i am getting things checked out i always feel like there is something wrong with me at the min. also i think my af is on its way i had stomaches cramps 2 days ago and yesterday was really bloated and today woke up with the worst headache in the world i thats my typical pattern i always come on the day after my bad headache so i think 2morrow i will be feeling really crapy i hate the day when i come on as it is a reminder that i havent fallen once again and it just brings back an awful memory of when i had to give birth to my angel but fingers crossed it doesnt arrive. as to the army thing how good is that coming home for 12 months i really hope you fall pregers it would be a perfect time for you both then he can be there at the birth and after i am so excited for you sounds like you have it all planned out. well i am gonna go my head is killing and my hand is really bad my hand swelled up yesterday at work and it was really sore and felt reallt hot so went docs and they said i have RSI repetative strain injury its cos my job is constanly on the computer so i have to take anti inflametries and wear a splint on my hand like i said i always have something wrong with me ha ha anyway good luck honey let me no how you get on.

Munchy xxx

Hey Munchy,
    You poor thing, what a shocking few days for u! Get all that bad stuff out of the way at once hey! I have my fingers crossed for u that things get better - LOTS better really really soon!
    Better dash, got DHs farewell army parade today Looks ike i've got him home for another month which is good, would be better if i had a damned 28 day cycle so we had another chance to catch the egg if we didnt this cycle!
    Take care sweetie!
    Bec xxx