Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss #2 April '08

Morning jen...sorry about the BFN...but as you told me...remain positive and until AF arrives you just don't know! Still got my for you.

issy... on catching the eggie!

Anthonysmom...

plc1805...thank you so much for the hug!!! I truly believed this was IT...sooo many signs or so I thought.

Jodsan...Stay positive and congrats on AF...here's hoping you have a healthy cycle going forward leading ultimately to a BFP!

Mel...I can honestly sympathize with you...we'll get it next time!

To the rest of my belly buddies...*wavin* have a wonderful day!!!

plc--Thanks for the encouraging words, and for trying to give me hope! Wow, you really got 2 different reads on tests you took in the same day? I would LOVE to think there's still a shot at this, but I just don't know... Just don't want to get my hopes up. My bb's don't normally lie either, and while they're not swollen or really tender, the fact that they've felt tingly was, I thought, a pretty positive sign. If I were to have conceived on the 14th, that's only 13 days ago, how soon could I possibly see signs/symptoms or get a + pg. result? Arrrgghhh... I'm back to grasping at straws!

smilanatu--Thanks, honey! It's so hard to remain positive, isn't it? Just wish AF would show so I can get this cycle over with!

Jen - i'm sorry about the BFN - like everyone else i hope for you it's just too early to test. If not think of all the practice you get this coming month. Stay positive and remember we all care about you.

AJC - just remember you have good progesterone levels, and you only need one of DH's swimmers (even if it swims backwards to get there) hoping this is your month.

jen - sweety, it was AJC that had the 2 different reads and I was going to say to AJC that that is amazing!! only 1 bd as well!!!!

Hello Everyone~

Jen~I am sorry to hear about your BFN but I am still hoping for you that you will dodge AF and show up with a BFP soon...

AJC~After not getting Pg for 15 months, my DH had and SA and it came up that he had high counts and high movement but only 2.5% normal morphology (shape). We were upset but DH had been sick beforehand so that can affect it some. My doctor had him take an antibiotic for 14 days and I ordered Fertilaid online for him and he took it and the very next month I started Clomid and we got PG so don't give up! Now I am just hoping we'll be that lucky again this month but with a sticky bean!

Jodsan~Great job on the research! My DH took Fertilaid but this month switched to Mega man from GNC-same stuff inside but cheaper...I think between the vitamins and less caffeine, it has really helped!

AFM~ Just waiting for the big O so we can get this party started!

MMTeacher

plc-- 'oh: What a dork, sorry! (Sorry, AJC!) My mind wasn't thinking clearly this morning, and I've been up since 5 am, so it's probably not right now either! I'll do my best to keep it all straight!

mollycat--Thanks--Trying to appear positive, but not really feelin' it, IYKWIM. Just feel really irritable and low, ready to go hide in bed and Still no AF, but it's not my luck to have her not show now. No sign of her yet, but I'm sure she's coming...

Thanks, mmteacher--3 days to go till the big O! Please, get the party started! Good luck catching the eggie!

issy--Thanks for caring and the kind words!
    Last edited by jen805; April 25th, 2008 at 10:37 AM.

mmteacher - thanks. DH's morphology is 1%, ob did say that the criteria is VERY strict & he wasn't really that 'worried'. He just knows we want a bub so much & if ivf is what it takes then so be it. I kind of have a feeling inside thought that hopefully we won't get to the ivf stage. I just feel sooo much more relaxed after seeing ob and having a good talk about it. GL catching the egg this month - I hope this is your month too!

jen - I knew you meant ajc and geez,if I'd been up at 5am I would be a bit fuzzy too. I'm not a morning person. DH and I didn't get up until 10.45am this morn. I didn't sleep very well the night before because I had a 'Babel' inspired nightmare (if you've seen the film you'll understand my madness). so the dream went... We were in Tijuana and DH wandered off down a back street to take some photos when some madman started shooting at him - we ran back to the tour bus and head back across the border when DH told me that he dropped our camera. Instead of being thankful that DH was still alive I starting yelling at him about leaving the camera behind. Woke up feeling very very guilty..... but it's only a dream. Weird - oh well at least I didn't dream about babies & pregnancy for once.

mollycat - you're right, it only takes one.

Ok - going to research 'healthy sperm' so will be back with update later on......

Default Jen805

Hun....ive just logged in and did think of you this morning when i woke up....So sorry about that BFN!!! But like the other ladies have said...it ain't over till the *** lady sings...so hang in there!!!! and as you can se we're all thinking of you...huge

AJC - with all this am & pm i will be extremely disappointed if we don't catch the egg!!!

JODSAN - after my m/c i went on a mad research about healthy sperm etc..and started DH on a Men's multivitamin straight away...neither of us smoke and are healthy and active..DH questioned why he should be taking it when friends of ours have drank and smoked throughout there pregnancies!!! all i could say was that we obviously aren't that fortunate....and that I wanted to do every little thing we could to help our chances of our next baby sticking!!! so we'll wait and see...

MMTEACHER - goodluck with the "O"....and have one hell of a party!!!!

ISSY - Goodluck catcing the egg...

A BIG HI to everyone else....

hi everyone, hope you are all well

jen- sorry to hear about your BFN, i really had a good feeling this would be your month. I hope it was just too early to test...

issy- wow we really are cycle buddies- just got EWCM myself today, guess i am about to ov too. i usually ov on CD19 so i am just going to make sure i stick to the every second day thing from now till then to make sure. i am really happy cos this is the first time i have really noticed EWCM since my m/c in Jan- i am taking this as a good sign that my body is getting back to normal...

well i have to run, having a BBQ but just wanted to jump on to quickly catch up with you all before everyone arrives

hope you all have a great weeekend.

Wow pbstar, we really do almost have identical cycles. I too usually ov on cd19 or so, and I havent noticed EWCM since my m/c in jan too (How weird). Oh I really hope we get our bfp's this month It would be so nice to share our pg journeys together. We seem to be showing positive signs of getting back to normal, so lets hope this is our month.

BTW - Im for eveyone else's bfp's too GO TEAM APRIL..../may

Issy

AJC--Hope you aren't having any Babel inspired dreams tonight! I'm praying that you get your BFP before you have to give IVF a try! You seem very relaxed and positive about it, my fingers are crossed for you!

Emmy-Lou--Thanks so much for thinking of me and for caring! It just makes the daily struggle of the unknown so much easier to deal with! And it's definitely humbling to see how everyone supports everyone else, as we're all on this difficult journey together! I honestly don't know how I would get through this without every one of you!! you catch the egg! Cute new ticker, btw!

pbstar-- GL with the big O! Gotta love that EWCM--take advantage of it!

issy--Hope this is your month! Happy and hope you catch the eggie!

AFM--Still no sign of AF. I'm not going to test again--well, ok, if I haven't started by next Fri. I'll POAS again, but until then I think I'll just wait it out. It's too hard to see that BFN! I'm sure she'll show when I least expect it! For all my Aussie mates, hope you had a great ANZAC day! For all my state-side gals, (smilanatu, tempus, mmteacher, and anthonysmom) why the h*ll couldn't we have a long weekend??? It's finally Friday! :woot:

Hi to all our pregger friends: JMG, nickster, Trac, Magda, Katiegirl, ll80,--Natty(?), Tutmae(?) (Argghh! Can't remember did Natty and Tutmae get BFP's???) Hope you're all

everyone else gets their BFP's: treelo, plc, mollycat, bettyboop, mary m., tina, Jodsan, Mel, Canary, chalalan, seenabeena, maybe baby, Angel Babies, Abbey, Jenushka, Gii Gii, and last but definitely not least, Ciera's mummy! Lets get busy, ladies, we need some more BFP's around here! Hope you're all enjoying your long weekend! for everyone!

Default Healthy Swimmers

Ok, of course I found the usual boxer shorts, no hot baths, no alcohol, 1 - 2 cups coffee max per day, balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit & veg in particular green leafy veg.

Sperm friendly foods: oats, rye, wheat, egg yolks, fish oysters, sardines, shrimp, anchovies, haddock, tuna, bananas, bilberry, ginger, parsley, butter beans, green peas, black beans, liver, chicken, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, fennel, garlic, turnip, potato, carrots & most kinds of nuts (cashew, pecan, walnut etc).

Supplements - Jodsan pretty much covered this one well. I've bought DH zinc & vit c as well as a multi. I think now he may have the motivation to take them EVERY day.

Also said that intercourse every 2 - 3 days (regardless of what stage of cycle) maintains high volume.

Well - hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. It FINALLY stopped raining here today so I've caught up with my washing and even got some gardening done. Hoping for more sunshine tomorrow, surely it can't rain again??!!??!!

AJC - Certainly was much better with no rain today - i've definately had enough, trying to work out how to put floaties on my lawnmower, the yard just squishes underfoot!
    Looks like your dh is going to undertake a change of diet. just wanting to wish you all the best hoping this is your month.

Love these long weekends it's great to spend that extra time with family. Just hope the weather holds out for the rest.

for all of our friends.

Mollycat - aww thanks. lol at floaties on the lawnmower.

How are you doing, weren't you going to try a new treatment? Hope all is going well for you.

yes, clomid wasn't working for me (i was o'ing, but doing that by myself anyway, getting great levels with clomid but nothing happening), on first cycle of tamoxifen, AF due 1/5 so we'll see how that goes.

Jen, as the others say 'it an;t over till it's over' adn if af still hasn't arrived by the time you read this I just wanted to let you know that I POAS on the day af was due....nothing,, but 5 days later af still hadn't arrived so I POAS...BFP (Yay!) Turns out I had 'o'd later than I thought and according to my ultrasound scan my dates say I o'd 5 days late (hence 5 day longer wait for BFP). We don't know why- just one of those freaky nature things. Anyway- I REALLY hope you get BFP, GL xx

Hi to everyone else- always in my thoughts and I am lurking so that I can keep up to date with everything- love celebrating with you (Yay Anthony's Mom- am THRILLED!!! ) and I really feel for those who are having tough times. The support here as amazing and I could not have got though some of my own traumas without BellyBelly.

and got everything crossed for more bFP's xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS I get confused over the time thing too (here in the UK). We have a normal weekend here- it's a holiday Monday (May Day) next week though and the weather is lovely!

Luv n Hugs nickster (14 weeks and bubs still has good hb although I'm still bleeding a bit)

Hi everyone,

I just thought I might post in here again....I'm actually not a newbie, but an oldie LOL I'm sure no one in here would remember me because it has been a while since I last posted, so here is a run down on my story for those who are interested

DH and I have one beautiful DD who is about to turn 4 in June. We started TTC #2 in Dec 06, and a few months later we fell pg. Less than a week later I started to bleed - a chem preg. Joined up here not long afterwards. Anyway, some cycles later I saw my ob because we were worried about how long it was taking (we are no spring chickens DH and I LOL) and the fact that I had had a chem preg. My cycles were shortish, there was some doubt as to whether I was ovulating and I had a possible LPD so I started taking Clomid in July last year. To our surprise and joy we fell pg 1st go on Clomid. Sadly though our joy was short lived - I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks in early October.

After this miscarriage we were totally devastated and despairing that we would ever be able to have another child. We waited the suggested one cycle and started TTC with Clomid again. My second cycle of Clomid was a total disaster Horrible side effects and probably an anovulatory cycle. And to add to our troubles, my DH found out in December that he was to made redundant from his job in April this year. We stopped with the Clomid and my cycles have been mental ever since, ranging from 16 days to 31 days, so we made an appointment to see an FS. I decided that TTC was starting to rule my life, so I have had a long break from BB just to save my sanity.

The FS was wonderful - he did more investigations to rule out causes of recurrent miscarriage - nothing was found. So he has suggested a couple of tracking cycles to see what is happening. I am on CD14 of the first tracking cycle at the moment, and am feeling pretty happy because I actually Oed on my own on day 12 and had excellent hormone levels leading up to O day. So I'm feeling really hopeful that things may be finally getting back to normal. Add to this the fact that DH has finished up his old job, got a payout and starts another job in a couple of weeks, so we are hoping that things are starting to look up for us after what has been probably the [email protected] 6 months of our lives together. We still may end up doing some sort of assisted conception, but at least with me Oing and the cycle tracking we should have a pretty good chance this month and next (if it is needed, I hope not!!).

Anyway, if you got this far, thanks for reading and hope to talk again soon

Susannah x
    Last edited by nicjay; April 26th, 2008 at 09:50 PM.

AJC--Wow, you really did your homework! Can you really get your DH to eat the fish oysters, sardines, and anchovies? Ew, and the liver? There's no way I could ever get DF to agree to eat any of those, but luckily for him, I don't think he has any problems with his !

Glad the rain stopped for you! I've heard that our seasons are different--is that true? Heard mention of Spring Break the other day, so was thinking it must be Spring there as well. My kids had their break in March around Easter. Our weather has been fluctuating like a bad yo-yo diet! The beginning of the week was cold, gray and super windy. Yesterday was in the 80's. Today's supposed to be even hotter, which means DH will probably be in a terrible mood all day--he's not a fan of the heat. I'll take the heat over the cold any day!

mollycat--I'm lol at the floaties on the lawn mower, too! Could be an ingenious invention! that the Tamoxifen works for you!

nickster--Hey mama! Good to hear from you, I had hoped you were lurking around here somewhere! Can't believe you're 14 weeks already--that alone must be such a relief! Thanks for the glimmer of hope! Still no AF... Just still not sure that it'll work out that way for me. Haven't BD'd since the 14th, which I know doesn't put me out just yet, but I can't possibly be that lucky! Trying to stay positive, but also realistic as to what is the "norm" for me. The way it works for me is that if it can go wrong, it will--I'm just blessed with bad luck, my mom even says so!

megsmum-- back! Sounds like your cycle is finally getting back to normal! You've definitely come to the right place for support and understanding! We're all here for you! Good luck for this month, sounds like you're on the right track to a BFP!

smilanatu--Haven't heard from you for a while! Hope things are well with you and that you've kicked AF to the curb! Still no AF for me... she really screwed us up didn't she, we used to be cycle and BD buddies! She really is an intolerable witch! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast