Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss April 2007

Hi Guys,

Just a quick selfish post today.

Had my scan and I am 7wks, the heartbeat was 144 which is strong so I am told. My estimated due date is 12 Dec.

I want to thank each and everyone of you ladies in this thread for your support. I think it is time for me to move on (but I will drop in of course), probably tomorrow. My wish is for everyone here to get a stickey BFP very very soon.

Congratulations to Mummyto1 and Tonners that is brilliant news xxx

Shan - you go girl .... congrats on the weight loss you are doing really really well.. think of you often hun xxx

zionsmom - Sorry to hear of your loss sweetie.. the girls in here are just fantastic ... we are always here for you anytime of the day or night.... and allow yourself to cry, get really p*ssed off, angry or yell... hope you don't have to stay in this thread too long xxx

Hi girls I hope that you don't mind me popping in but I think of you all often and lurk around to see how everyone is going........ so I would like to send you all lots and lots and lots of

mwahh xxx Kez

Yay bekz glad that the u/s went well, please make sure you do keep popping in every so often just to let us know how you are going.

Great news Bekz. Keep in touch.

I have not written for 2 days and wow I have missed so much.

Everyone get out of this thread will ya?!

I am CD 4 and are going to feel positive for this month. I am over my feeling sorry for myself phase of a week or so back.

Good luck to all this month.

Will write personals next time....

Jen

Hi everyone

Unfortunately i need to join this thread now, in the past month we have gone from LTTTC, to PALLTC, to TTCAM.... get your head around all those acronyms...

Basically we are a same-sex couple, having IUI/IVF since April last year, first I tried to conceive, but then handed over to my partner Kim after 3 failed IUI's and 3 failed IVF cycles. Through all the IVF cycles i only made 2 embryo's and had both transfered with no luck. The most eggs i made were 8 and that was the cycle i got the 2 embryos...

Kim on the other hand fell pregnant quite quickly...although when she was what we thought was 8 weeks, we went to have a repeat U/S due to a Subchorionic Hematoma diagnosed at 6 weeks, to find our little one without a heartbeat. She had a D&C the same day. That was last Thursday... we are waiting for the results of the tests from the D&C before we go back for an appt with our doctor to work out a plan, so Kim can try again.

During one of the cycles of IVF, Kim went through stimulation to become my egg donor, as i was thought to have an egg quality issue... Unfortunately she ovulated before egg pickup and they only managed to get 3 eggs from 3 follicles, when there were at least 7 on the U/S days earlier.. Only 2 fertilised and they were both triploid (3 nucleus).

So now we wait for the results of the D&C to see if this was the case with this pregnancy, so kim may or may not need testing for a balanced translocation in her chromosomes, which can only be treated by having IVF with Pre-genetic Diagnosis on the embryos.

So we have had a year long battle so far, with no way of trying for a natural miracle... hopefully Kim's tests will come out OK and we can try again soon.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

*las* Guest

Hi all!
    What a beautiful Anzac Day it's turned out to be!

Bun - Glad you managed the injections ok! Sounds like you definately did have a busy weekend! Hope this is your month!! Your DH is very cheeky! Your trip sounds amazing!!!! Go to Paris! I've always wanted to go there, so you can go for me!!!

Maz - hope your kids are all on the mend now?? Sadly, your m/c was a day after mine But I already got AF back late last week and it's now finished. Hope it turns up for you soon.

janeo - how exciting!! I can understand you wanting both, but enjoy the wedding process in the mean time! It's so much fun!

Lee - again, hugs to you and hope you get some answers soon.

Bekz - fantastic results!!!! Hope it helps you to relax a bit now, enjoy every minute of this wonderful pregnancy! Look forward to hearing how you go!

Megan - so sorry for you loss But you've come to the right place for the most wonderful support! Hope you and Kim have a little easier ride now!

Hi to everyone else

Hiya Megan....i'm so sorry to see you in here. I know how excited it was for Kim to get that BFP after so long and such a hard road, and now you have to endure this as well. The girls in here are fantastic and the support is overwhelming. I shed a few tears when i read that you guys lost your precious little bubba. Big hugs to both you and Kim hun, and i'm praying that things will happen for you....xxxxxxx

Heybacko Guest

Just a very quickie, hope everyone had a great ANZAC Day!

(Okay okay, glitch in the master plan - so the Blackcaps are out of the World Cup - go the Baggy Greens)( - oooh sorry but Ricky Ponting just makes me cringe!!!!)9

Just wanted to say welcome to Megan and Kim - I'm so very sorry you have to join us but , you are in the right place xx

BekZ - bets of luck as you 'cross over', keep us posted!!

Bun - trust me, I've lived and worked in London for 5 years, I wouldn't set foot in the place EVER again (TMI but see below for example!!!) - I've also lived in Paris (practising European Law FFS!!!) - no contest!!

Satya - if only it was my boob - I had a 'gentlemen' relieve himself of his swimmers across the isle from me on the tube once - OK so it was 10 years ago but urrrgggghhh!!!
    (although I used to have the most amusing tube driver who used to say things like 'please stand clear of the doors - for those of you who don't understand, they are the big slidey things on the side of the train'!! - he was quite cool but rare!!!)

Jenjams - you sound on the up, well done you! Although you didn't feel sorry for yourself, that sounds so harsh on yourself - you went through what you had to go through - a bit of a difference xx

Big hugs to everyone else, catch you later, time to bath the littlies

Hi Ya Megan, im new to the thread aswell and I find that the girls in here are fantastic. I really dont know what I would have done without them at the moment. I hope you stick around so we can share the day that you and Kim become the parents you deserve to be.
    Lisa - thanks for the well wishes for my munchkins. Their getting better, I think im the one that needs a holiday now .
    Shan - are you still dieting??? How much have you lsot so far again? (I have gained SO much)
    Satya - WOW - that was fast. I hope that this month is the month for you (feb babies are great)
    Salt - What the? How weird. I hope that its all cleared up.
    Hello everyone else - im really trying to keep up.
    Still no AF for me but have slight AF pains and heaps of white M's???? Dont know whats going on but I cant wait to get back on track and knuckle down (poor Jed's gonna cope it!!) I absolutely hate not knowing whats going on (yes control freak here PMSL)
    Hope you guys all have a great night and make the springs in your mattress's squeeck
    xxmaz

Hi Girls,

Just a quick note to let you know AF has arrived this evening, nasty old B---h. I hope she goes away real soon so we can get back into bding & lots of it. I was so hoping for a BFP this month but any way next month although I feel like it is always next month. I feel like S--t now I was really hoping she was not coming although I did have my doubts. Oh well can't help it I spose. DH not real impressed either but he will get over it.
    Anyway going to bed now, sorry for my selfish whinging post. Talk to you guys later

Welcome to the new girls, lots of support in here hopeyou soon feel a little better.

Herbie
    xx

Hi girls,

Salt - sorry to hear about the bleeding - how confusing! All I can think of is that it is to do with your body trying to get rid of the clot, which is a good thing! I know that it is possible to once every now and then have a weird short LP, but it should go back to normal the next cycle. At least your OB appointment is today, so it is good timing in a way - I hope he has some answers for you. Let us know how you go.

Herbie - sorry for AF arriving. Doesn't she know we don't want her here??

Megan - so sorry to hear of your loss, especially after such a long journey. I hope the results to the tests they are doing turn out ok and that you and your partner can start trying again soon! In the meantime, I hope we can be a good support to you both

Heybacko & Satya - are you trying to put me off travelling?! I had a pretty gross experience in Amsterdam once, too. We are still thinking about where to go, but need to book today or tomorrow...

Bekz - I am soooo glad to hear that your scan went well. It will be smooth sailing from here! Let us know how you are going.

Jen - I am glad you are feeling positive this month! Maybe this will be it!

I had to have my next injection yesterday and it bloody hurt! DH thinks he may have hit a nerve or something - OWWWW! The next one is Sat, so hopefully it won't be as bad!!

Hi everyone,

Well still nothing exciting happening here. I'm 9 DPO now and had a temp drop of 0.1 this morning (my LP is normally 10 days), so I'm not feeling particularly positive about being PG, but who knows. Maybe if my temp goes back up tomorrow? Although I'll know almost certainly if it goes down tomorrow that we've had no luck this month. I'm trying to wait to do a HPT for a couple more days if AF doesn't arrive in the meantime - I think Saturday will be the day if she does arrive. Oh well... I guess there's always next month

saltprincess - that's good news about the bleeding - never thought I'd say that LOL I hope your clot is gone this time!

Bun - I know what you mean about the injections! I'm diabetic on insulin and most of the time they don't hurt. I'm sure that sometimes though I hit a nerve because it really kills somethimes (and in particular parts of my tummy) OOOOWWWW But good luck with it all - at least its for a good cause! Oh and I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'd go to Paris too LOL I've been to London (once) and Paris (twice) and I love Paris - I'd go back there in a shot. And the first time I went to Paris I went there thinking I would hate it! London was only so so. Love the food in Paris too - much better than London

Herbie - sorry about AF Hopefully she will go away soon and next month will be IT!

maz - I hate that too when you've got no idea what's happening, I feel a bit the same ATM. Oh and I just noticed your location - cloth nappy heaven - I'm a "clothie" too Although my DD is toilet training ATM so we only use them at night and for naps, so no more nappies for me until we have another one

Megan - I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope everything goes well for you and you can start trying again soon.

Lee - I'm sorry for your loss too I hope you do get some answers

Diane - sorry for you loss, I'm quite new here too and have found the ladies here fantastic - it has really helped being here! Good luck for when you do decide to TTC

Hi to everyone I've missed and all the best for TTC

Hi all,

CD5 here. Anyone on the same as me? I reckon I need a cycle buddy. My cycles are long ones and normally last 36 days with O around 24 days or something similar. I am going to have a positive month. Have given up coffee and will just BD as much as possible and see what happens.

Salt: Hopefully now that clot is gone and you can settle down to try this cycle.
    Bun: I have never been to Europe (Just the US) Tough choice. Sometimes we like these kind of tough choices. France is supposed to be a place for love isnt it?
    Herbie: Damn that AF arriving. Join me for a 2008 baby
    Heybacko:An aussie Sri Lanka final. I thought you kiwis could have beaten the Lankans.

Hi to everyone I have missed and :hugs: to all

Hello Ladies,

I've lost track of everyone! I have not logged in for a few days and look what happens! So much going on in here. I have to agree with what a few of the girls have said... we need more BFP's!

Anyhow, I'm not going to even attempt too many personals... except to say good luck to you Bun, it looks like things are finally happening for you. All at once too! As far as the travel goes, I'm afraid I'm going to be really unhelpful and say to see both. I lived in London for 6 years and visited Paris heaps and they are both wonderful, but different . You really need to see both!

Not much happening with me except a wonky chart. FF has now taken away my coverline and said that they cant identify a pattern for me. I my cycle sorts itself out soon!

love

Megsmum - YAY for cloth nappys...Im dreading the day that my baby and future baby will be out of them. I cant even think of it.
    Salt - Oh wouldnt it be $hit hot if we all ended up pg this month... im praying very hard

*las* Guest

Maz - my DS is fully toilet trained and so sad it saw the end of my cloth nappy days! I have some beautiful BubbaJ's and Honeyboys, and love my Rumpsters! *sigh*..need a new bubba to wear them now!

jenjams and saltprinces - I'm CD 9 so can be a cycle buddy too! Usual cycle is 33-37 days. Sharon is also around CD7-8 as well

Ok, off to get ready for Biggest Loser Finale!!

Hi everyone,

Twomums Sorry to hear of your loss. It must have been particularly hard after all you've been through to get that far. I hope you find the support you need here, I know I have.

Heybacko What a weird experience you had on the tube.... I never had anything that exciting happen.... just weird people talking to themselves.

Saltprincess Heres to hoping that damn clot is gone now.

Herbie Sorry your AF arrived. On with another cycle.

Bun I hope your next injection doesn't hurt so much. No I'm not trying to put you off travelling, I'm just jealous! I haven't been overseas for like 10 years or more and I'm just dying to go again. If you do go to Paris make sure you go in to a pet store. I did when I was there and was amazed at the different pets they have there - completely different to what we have here.

Megsmum Fingers crossed for a rise in temp for you tomorrow morning.

jenjams I'm close to you - I'm on CD6.

I don't know what's going on with me at the moment. I've been having some major mood swings and taking them out on my DF over the last few nights which is driving us both nuts. I've also been peeing heaps (even had to get up in the middle of the night last night) which is driving me nuts. Seeing I just had AF I know I'm not pg again. I hope it all settles down soon.

I've started charting from this cycle and am using FF to log it all. I'm temping orally & using my MB as well and am really eager to see how it all looks after a full cycle.

Hugs Satya... I too went through some big mood swings and my i didnt feel myself for a good few mths after the m/c and then the pressure you put on yourselves to fall pg it all can get too much.... Our hormones are haywire... Hold in there.. And make sure you talk about how you are feeling and dont let things bottle up... All the best..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast