Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss October 2007 ~ #2

Default A positive thought for the day

Hi All

Have only just started to settle in here but am not actually going to be TTCing for another 4 months now. Ob/Gyn has done some tests due to 2 x m/c and it was discovered that I don't have immunity for chicken pox. He said we could let it go but last thing I need is to finally have a healthy pregnancy - and get chicken pox half way through. GP advised not to get pg within 3 months of chicken pox vaccine and as adults need a booster 6 wks after first shot that takes me up to 18 march before actively ttcing again. Also doing some other tests, plus with Christmas and have now planned a holiday for March. Am sure the time will pass quickly and I'll be fit, healthy & in positive frame of mind for ttcing again. Will be kind of nice to not worry about things for a while, break will probably do us good. But as my post is titled 'positive thought for the day', lady at Genetic clinic I went to today said people who have had 2 miscarriages have 80% chance of carrying pregnancy to term third time around. Made me feel better and hope it makes some of you feel better too. Statistics can be a bit*h sometimes but when someone tells you that face to face (someone in the medical field anyway) you know they're not just saying it just to make you feel better.

hj1981 - be brave and stay positive. Am sending positive thoughts your way.

Dawnee - thanks for popping in to say hi. It was encouraging for me to read your post. All the best.

I hope you all don't mind but I'll still keep visiting will be hoping to see some during this time. Probably won't see much of me until March though but as I said, I'd still like to visit to see how you all are.

Take care xxx

AJC - thank you - thats good news - what test did you get done inregards to your 2 M/C?

hello girls:
    hope you all don't mind me joining here we are ttcsomething happens this month

Of course we dont mind!
    Welcome aboard!

Hope your stay isnt too long!

i hope not either does everyone that goes through a m/c have trouble ttc after ? just wondering

Hi chicky. Home is Woodend, which is about 45 min drive nth of Melb. Its a small country town at the base of the Macedon Ranges and Hanging Rock (as in Picnic at Hanging Rock). All my family are either in Woodend or the neighbouring town, and I love it. It has a nice feel to it, real cafe kinda culture, everything's green and clean, and generally a great place to raise a family. It's been really hard being so far away from everyone for 3 years and I cant believe I'll be back there for good in a few weeks. We've got a nice house to move into as well, that we've rented out for the past 18 months, so that adds to the excitement too.
    Back to TTC. Whats with these zits? Mine are on the jaw line too, and its gross. I know theyre little, but I cant help but pick, and it makes them worse. Ive taken to dabbing them with face toner to dry thr skin out, but so far no joy.
    Have decided that we'll not "actively" try till after xmas, with so much going on, but at the same time will bd away happily when the mood strikes, and if we conceive, all the better. Just wont be stressing on it iykwim?

Hello beautiful ladies, i hope you all doing well and have some luck this cycle.

Beaksie - I bet you get pregnant before Christmas. After our first m/c we tried for 6 months with no luck and then decided to have a break until after christmas and new year. And as soon as i stopped trying, i got pregnant. It blew me away because i got totally blind on new years eve and i panicked all through the pregnancy but my baby was perfect !!

Babyhopes - Welcome sweety, may your stay be very short.

HJ - how are you hun, sending lots of hugs to you.

LJ - have been thinking about you my sweets, i hope your being kind to yourself.

AJC - i think its a very good idea to get the vaccine and wait. We have just been through chicken pox in our family, i m/c one week before my husband came out in spots then it ripped through all the kids. Better to be safe than sorry hun. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Penny - How are you going sweety?

Starrysky - Sorry AF came hun, its a real heartbreaker when she comes isnt it. Sending lots of hugs your way.

Annabelle - Hope your doing well sweety, best of luck for your cycle.

Dawnee - thanks so much for stopping in to check on us, you are our inspiration to keep going.

Kaib - thanks for the update hun, i hope your doing ok.

Missbelinda - your welcome to start cleaning my house now that your finished yours !!!!! Hope your meeting was productive !!

Kiwigirl - Hello hun, i hope your doing ok.

Pash - Are you ok hun? How are you levels going? I have missed you around here. hugs to you sweety.

Well I O round about tuesday, but i will get my OPK's today i think, so then i will be sure. We got started on the bd'ing this morning just incase i O early, and will go for every second day at least, and everyday if we feel up to it, and will keep going until thursday next week. Fingers crossed we catch the egg this time. I have been very emotional the last few days, which is how i used to be before i got pregant last time, so im hoping that finally my body is back to normal.
    My friends daughter has moved in, and its not too bad, but another close friend emailed me yesterday to say she is pregnant to a guy she met a month ago and that threw me over the edge. Im very happy for her, because she has always wanted a baby but it just reminds me of the struggles im having atm and i couldnt handle it. my manager ended up sending me home because i kept crying.
    Well im off to get my son ready for school.

hugs
    treelo
    Last edited by treelo; November 8th, 2007 at 07:18 AM.

Hi girls,

Good to "see" you all - I've been MIA of late, but am dropping in to wish us all BFP this month for those who are trying!!

I'm on cd14, and generally O about cd17 - haven't had a positive OPK yet, but am patiently waiting (oops - did I use the word "patiently" - sorry, wrong word!! I don't think any of us ttc-vers should be allowed to use that word!!) )

Beaksie - I'm with Treelo - you'll be UTD by Christmas

Treelo - you and me will be due to test about the same time!! I definately reckon we will both be pregnant this cycle. Patient people like us deserve it for sure

Annabelle - hope AF is still keeping away!! Is she??????

Starry - Practice makes PERFECT girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penny, Babyhopes - GOOD LUCK this cycle.

HJ - hugs, and you will get pregnant again - next one will stick, got to believe that. More hugs.

Jenjams - thanks!!!!!!!!

Pash - are you "out there" - how are you??? Call in again please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi to everyone else.

I'll try to stick around this month - as I've a good feeling there will be a hefty exodus from this thread, and I want to be around to see that!!!

Lee xo

hj1981 - sending you a big
    Starrysky - hope you feel better. I get the same thing when AF is around and I have to pop extra iron vitamins (I feel like a walking vitamin as it is with all the stuff I am taking...)
    Beaksie - that's very exciting with your move home for Christmas! Good for you - Woodend is such a pretty place. I haven't been there for a while, but I always remember the nice tree lined roads.
    Babyhopes - nice to see you have joined us in this thread - hopefully not for long!
    Annabelle - how are you?! Hope still no AF for you
    Lee - thank you for your positive words, I agree with you, we can all do this and we will be out of this thread before we know it....
    Treelo - good luck for this round; it looks like we are cycle buddies again
    Hello to Kaib, AJC, LSB and everybody else.
    Kiwigirl - if you read this, have a good trip!!
    Kbowman - how are you?

For me it should be just around O time - so we'll do our best this month (again)!!!!!

Hiya All

hj - sorry to see you've lost two little bubs. In answer to your Q. Have done quite a few tests over last 12 months. Some things are related to pregnancy/conception (hormone profile, some condition that can make your body reject other objects - like when people have transplants & their body rejects it) and others I think are just routine things to be sure (like chicken pox, rubella, chlamydia, HIV, tetanus, iron levels etc). He also requested glucose for me because he was thinking that as I've had 2 x m/c & have bad acne that I may have pcos & need some medication to control that. Am not overweight, I have a reasonably predicatable cycle, I ovulte each month according to my bbt chart and my last ultrasound didn't show any ovarian cysts but from what I have read pcos does not discriminate & is hard to diagnose due to so many different types of symptoms (all of which could be related to something else too). Have done a cystic fibrosis carrier status test (waiting on results for that). Am also having a hysteroscopy (involves day visit in hosp) to check for uterine septum, fibroids or polyps. Everything I've done so far hasn't shown any problems so don't have any answers but at little more peace of mind. Hopefully third time lucky for me, you and quite a few others in here.

There is a thread here somewhere which lists all of the tests which you can have after m/c. I guess everyones circumstances are different too so chat to your GP or gyno and they should help you if you want help. Some people don't want to go for tests at this stage and I don't think there is anything wrong with that either. You know what's best for you - always trust your womans intuition.

Hey babyhopes - my cycle went out of the ordinary after my first m/c but that was because I was an emotional mess. As soon as I started to relax again - BFP. So my advice, as long as you relax you'll be right. I also highly recommend temping too. I fell pg on 2nd cycle temping.

Treelo - sounds like you need a . Thanks for the reassurance on the c'pox, going to be a long 4.5mths but am determined to make it a positive and relaxing 4.5mths.

Ciao for now.

Hey everyone ! How's things? Just wanted to share my day...hows this for typical. Had ewcm today. Quite a bit of it, and Dp is out of town with work for the night. Ha.Lucky I decided to not stress this cycle.
    BTW, Ive heard people get O pain, but wondered what that's like? Last night and today Ive had a low pain in the tummy. Like really low, about bikini line. Just a funny dull but quite persistent ache. Would that be O??
    Hmmm. Aren't our bodies annoyingly complex things? I think I will change my ticker to reflect today as O day, and we'll see if I have a shorter cycle this month. Certainly hope so.
    Big HELLO to everyone, take care...

hello girls well not much to tell about my day i should get the big O any day now i had a bit of clear

cm yesterday and i'm just getting over a bug or something iv'e had so temping would probably be up

and down for me atm anyway good luck for this cycle every one

cya xx

Beaksie - that sounds like O pain to me. I usually feel it very much so on either side (both ovaries). I get it for a few days leading up to O - so don't loose heart - I would still recommend you attack your DH when he gets home tomorrow

Good luck!!

Lee x

Hello girls,

I am sorry I have been MIA - really busy at work and you know how it is..

Just wanted to let you all know that AF arrived today
    OH WELL SORT OF TO BE EXPECTED..
    I have so much to catch up on with all the posts over the past day or so
    and i see a couple of new faces - hello!!!

I will get back on track soon and send some personals later - hey STARRYSKY
    you and I are almost in synch when it comes to our cycles - so I will be watching
    your cd ticker over the next month hope we can have some success together!!

My temp went down yesterday morning and bang there you go AF the very next day - I am a convert now to this charting let me tell you !!!

Have a great night you lovely ladies and thanks for keeping me in your thoughts
    AnnaBelle
    xo

Annabelle- sorry AF arrived sweetie, big hug

my gosh, this thread has been sooooo quiet lately and then all of a sudden all these new faces (names,..ykwim!) its exciting that there are more of us now, to *egg* eachother on!!
    annabelle so sorry af came chicky. I was so bummed about the longer cycle this month, oh well, another month, another chance.... yes we are close arent we? hopefully I have a *normal* cycle this month (whatever that is...)
    bettyboop hello! how are you holding up? I hope you are feeling a bit better these days.thinking of you.
    lee so nice to see you back, yes practise does make perfect, But I mean, youd think we all had it down to a fine art by now??!!
    babyhopes so glad you have joined this thread hun, I hope everything is going well for you, good luck this cycle.
    beaksiebuddy!yay!!for you!!your home sounds fantastic, how close to hanging rock? sorry I have a bit of an obsession, never been there, would love too though. so happy that you will be happy over xmas. fingers crossed you are utd by then!
    ajc good to you back too! I have had a hysteroscopy a few years back to check for endo, its not too bad, I even got some lovely pictures of my insides!I take an absurd pleasure in grossing people out with them (hey, want to see my ovaries??) on another topic though, I am sure the months will fly by, and by then you will be relaxed and happy and hopefully you will just fall pg very soon after that.
    penny yeah I was sorry too, but you get that, good luck this cycle!
    treelohi sweetie, thanx for the cuddles, was worried about you, hadnt seen you around for a bit and was thinking about your friends daughter and everythig......anyway, glad its all working out, sending you big hugs, do you know what has really been irking me is all the bloody celebs having babies, every mag I pick up has another one announcing their pgs.
    it just seems so unfair sometimes!
    well, af is on her way out (hurry up!!) did stuff all today, lots of reading and lazing around being very slack, had to get dp to fix the stupid computer again, some networking prob... anyway, tomorrow i will find m y them and try this temping thing, see how that goes.
    good luck everyone chat soon!
    xxx

Quick question for you ladies - do your BBs hurt a bit around O time? Mine always hurt for a week or so afterwards - but they are sore tonight, and I'm due to O about Sunday - just wondering if this is a "sign"!!??

Lee xo

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast