Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 2009 #2

good morning,
    Happy friday everyone.. my 9yo is being a terror grrrrr. i guess today can only go up, right.

Jen, thanks for the info about the charting. I will give it a try. I know there are some things I cant do on the free version... but that is not something I have tried to do yet, so who knows I hope it works. - just quickly updating - no, doesn't work for me because Im not a vip member. Oh well. thanks anyway Jen

FF has kept my O date as the 18th - when i was kinda expecting it to move it.. oh well.. I guess I wanted that bd attempt to be before O just to increase the chances a bit sad.

I hope everyone is gearing up for a good day. xx
    Last edited by boble; April 17th, 2009 at 07:26 AM. Reason: ff update

Hi ladies, I was going to attempt persies while at work this morning, but this thread has been so busy there's too much to catch up on. I try to at least read every day if not post. I'm always thinking of you all.

I just want to welcome smallfryplus. I'm sorry for your loss. The support here is quite honestly amazing. I don't know how I would've coped without being able to come here to vent my frustrations, whisper my hopes and just share this journey with other women who know how hard it is. I wish you all the best as you TTC again.

AFM - I had my doctor's appointment yesterday morning and she has given me a referral for an u/s to have any time I have a concern. I'm thinking it will come in handy when I get to 9 or 10 weeks which is the time I lost my last bub. I've also booked my first antenatal appointment with the hospital for the 14th of May. I just hope I make it this time. Last time, I had a D&C booked at the exact time and day I would've had my first antenatal appointment. So its starting to feel real and I have finally been brave enough to get a ticker. I'm nauseous all the time now. I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep until I'd eaten something. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Taking a break..I am doing housework today, atm just waiting for the floors to dry after mopping them.

Im looking at my temps and Im feeling like an ache or something where my left ovary is..Im thinking I didnt actually ovulate last cycle and this is my first cycle properly..I caved in and tested this morning and bfn. Kinda knew it would be seeing as its pretty early :|

Im feeling a bit freaked out about how Ill handle it if I get my period being the first proper cycle after the m/c. im not obsessing over signs as such but my reaction either way... I know if we're not pg ill be upset and worried about how my body is after the m/c and on the other side if im pg im worried about how ill react and whether ill just go through the same thing... grrr As lovely as it was while it lasted, I wish i didnt fall pregnant and lose it because its just tainted everything.. baah..

Anyone able to have a looksie at my chart and give me their opinons? Im temping vaginally and Im finding it more fluent and easy to read

Have to run downtown for dinner, but just wanted to tell Hannah that I looooooooove your ticker!!!

Yeah HannahD...the ticker is great! You and bubs will b just fine!

Default Guess What!!

I went to Fs this morning and guess what those little devil clomid tablets taht have given me a little grief over the last two weeks have worked and I have 2 yes two eggs ready to be released. ( Not sure we will catch both ). That haS REALLY PICKED ME UP AS i HAVE BEEN A LITTLE DOWN AND HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE READING EVERYONES NEWS SORRY WON'T DO IT AGAIN.
    dAMN CAPS LOCK ON .... sorry wasn't yelling..

Have been taking our little bubs loss pretty bad lately as my grandmother has been buying stuff ready for my cousins bubs arrival in a month. I know i shouldn't be so upset but she is in a really bad relationship ( ie he hits her ) and he is a huge pot smoker but she gets this tiny bundle of joy and I sit here grieving.... i have to stop as my moments of joy is not going to be ruined by me getting down......

Two eggs Woo Hoo surely I got catch one right?? so everyone knows what I will be doing this weekend......

FS said if we not UTD this cycle next we do IUI...interesting concept I must add as I had no idea what that was.

Jen I also got a + opk so yah even more hey!

Be back later
    Em

Mrsbaby: YAY!!! Thats so great!!! BEST of luck for you sweety and dont worry about the being pi$sy at the pothead getting lucky in the baby race,..Im RIGHT there with you! I hate seeing people doing stuff like that whether its them or the partner and getting all the luck..Sorry to head he hits her though, she needs a wake up call cant belive she is with him sorry!

ps...

What should my hCG level be?

A rounded-off average would be about 25 mIU at 10 dpo, 50 at 12 dpo, 100 at 14 dpo.
    This was on the FAQ of the site i bought my POAS from...would this not mean that everyone would get a BFP at 11dpo when they're pregnant?? (given that the tests are25mIU ...)So many confusing stats hey!!

Oh wow, a new thread already! We are a busy lot.

Won't do persies, but will spread around lots of

for the new thread.

Hello to everyone! Have a great day
    xx

Afternoon (or thereabouts depending on your time zone!) everyone.

Coco ~ you put me to shame! Today is a normal work day but I have taken a mental health day. Our small boy is at FDC and I'm doing some 'me' stuff. Whilst the floors were on my list I actually haven't done them! I did do the food shopping this morning, though. This afternoon I've been pottering with my sewing machine making a table runner for our new table. Congrats to you for a more 'productive' Friday than mine!

Sally ~ hope Broome is a restful nurturing holiday. One of my GFs rang last week when I was having a shocking day to say they are unexpectedly pregnant with their 3rd. I understand the green-eyed monster, too! As I cried with her on the phone it occurred to me she is one of the few people IRL who I'd be genuinely happy for. I hope you can find that peace with your sister during your time in Broome. I agree with what someone else said, it was very respectful of her to tell you over the phone so you had time to digest it before you see her. You sound lucky to have someone like her in your life. Anyway...really just wanted to say happy holiday!

mrzbaby ~ what clever ovaries you have producing two eggs! You lucky thing! catching one of them. Even if you don't get it this time, it sounds like there's a plan B. Hope you can relax this weekend IYKWIM

Hannah ~ your ticker is just lovely!!!

boble ~ hope the ff confusion clears soon. Funny your 9yo was busy today....our nearly 2yo came in again at 5.30am.... "wake up now!" he says!! He is the walking talking reason why I'm not temping anymore. Now reading of the ins and outs you all seem to be experiencing I'm relieved I'm not temping. Hope it becomes clearer soon.

sunny ~ hope you're feeling a little better today.

jules ~ your commemoration for your precious rose baby was very thoughtful. Thank you for sharing your experience here with us.

Greenslw ~

Hello to everyone else....I think I'm out of smilies! wait a minute... Now I am!!
    Happy weekend ~ take care everyone.
    M

Hi girls.

Just dropping in again while my dh has ducked out for a few mins. I don't think I am pg, I feel pretty much normal and last time I was nauseous and fatigued by now. I know every pregnancy is different but I can't help thinking that we will be trying again next month I've also had ever so slightly brown/pink discharge and today the tiniest bit of red in the cm... I am hoping it is implantation (along with the temp dip than rise) but I still physically feel pretty good so who knows?

We are going out for dinner and a movie tonight so I'm looking forward to that. Enjoy your Friday night everyone (even you Friday night girls whoever you are.....??? I've asked a couple of times now what that is about but never any reply?) But I still read about it. Hmmmmm, women of mystery hey, I hope I haven't been posting in some seceret womans society cult forum!

PS Nice pic coco!

hi everyone.. just quickly from me for now before my dinner burns... more opps - still getting used to this oven.

Im feeling a little down. the spotting I am getting just sucks! How am i ever meant to get preg while I am spotting like this days within O??? and why won't anyone look into it for me - surely this isn't normal *sigh* How is a 30 odd day cycle with at least 10 days of spotting then a normal af right??? argh!

I hope everyone is well... enjoy your dinner out Cherished and Hannah - your ticker is just devine

Quote Originally Posted by boble View Post
    hi everyone.. just quickly from me for now before my dinner burns... more opps - still getting used to this oven.

Im feeling a little down. the spotting I am getting just sucks! How am i ever meant to get preg while I am spotting like this days within O??? and why won't anyone look into it for me - surely this isn't normal *sigh* How is a 30 odd day cycle with at least 10 days of spotting then a normal af right??? argh!

I hope everyone is well... enjoy your dinner out Cherished and Hannah - your ticker is just devine
    Boble the exact same thing happened to me the DR said It is like when you have a baby it takes 6-8 weeks for the body to correct itself I secretly screamed and now I have changed Drs it so wasn't what I wanted to hear this week it was 8 weeks since my M?C and D&C and all I have had is a 2 day AF 27 days ago and alot of spotting but none for 2 weeks around the time I O'd so I am praying for a wonderful AF I am really exhausted and emotional so maybe she is on her way. I hope everyone has a fantastic weeknd chat soon and take care.

Unhappy

Boble: Hun im with you and I am also feeling down.. I have had crampy achy somethings since yesterday and I am thinking I am getting AF..my temp was down this morning, albeit above the cover line but Im expecting it to be below it tomorrow..

Also, I thought id give this other charting software a go and I put in my temps, cervical position and mucous and it gave me an ovulation day of CD15 as opposed to my FF one of CD11. So now I am confused and unsure what happened when..

I had positive OPKs for the 6,7,8,9 april which I kinda gave up on.. and partial ferning and almost full ferning about 9th/10th or so which matches up with this other software. If that is the case, i am only 7dpo not 11dpo and the cramping this early isnt a good thing either...

I feel like im back in limbo. Im unsure what to go off at the moment.. I havent put in my maybebaby and opk into fertility friend...might do it and see what it says...

Thanks Charm, good to know someone can understand my frustration with the doctor. I have had this spotting thing happening since my July 08 m/c - so every cycle till we got our bfp in Dec I had about 7 days of spotting before AF. Since the m/c in Jan it has gone up to at least 10 days of spotting before AF. Surely it can't take this long for my body to stop this crap. My doctor actually said to me "maybe its just the way you are wired" - hmm, i just don't think that is good enough - I certainly wasn't wired like this before going on the pill... I am actually cursing myself for ever going on the pill if it is going to f**k up my chances of having another baby sorry for the outburst.. Im just feeling so effing cheated right now. Why won't my body cooperate with me!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Coco - sorry to hear you are feeling down too. Oh no that you are confused now as to when you o'd - don't you just hate that.. as if the 2ww isn't bad enough. *hugs* I hope the crappy cramping feelings stops and I really hope your temps stay up and you get your bfp!

well, i am exhausted today after a crappy day at work. My computer went down at lunch time and I spend the next 6 or so hours trying to fix it grrr. so i am off to bed to listen to the thunder.

good night lovely ladies. xx

Hannah - Yay for your ticker!

Coco - Sweetie, I just want to say (tell me to mind my own business if I overstep the mark) try not to confuse yourself too much over your temp or what maybe baby says. Whilst they are great tools to assist us on our journey they are not fool proof and I have learnt (after many months of obsessing and second guessing EVERYTHING) to try and not read too much into it. I also understand though that you need to feel you can control something and it is much better to be informed that not to be (I am using maybe baby atm and have been licking it until ferns appear - so completely know how you feel). I know it is so hard and I am only at this point (and I still have my moments ) after 20 months after our m/c. I was exactly where you were which is why I am trying to look out for you . In saying that though I really hope we both get our BFP this month so we don't have another agonising month of waiting and hoping I really hope I haven't offended you, you just sounded so confused and I wanted to try and help Very interesting about the HCG levels though, now I am wondering if I should test? I have read that temping vaginally is more accurate so hopefully it becomes more clearer so you know when you o. I say if in doubt BD just in case! As for freaking out, we are all here for you when you fall pg or if the RB arrives. *big hugs*

Boble - I understand your frustration and can't believe your Dr said that! Don't be scared to get second opinions. Whilst my FS is lovely it wasn't until he was on leave and I got the relief FS that I found out about my tubes!

Charm - I hope a proper AF arrives soon so you can feel like your body is ready to try again

cherished1 - Enjoy your dinner and movie with your DH, sounds lovely. I have only just started to have a twinge of back pain (it only lasted a moment) so AF could be on her way but it's not over till she shows. I won't give up without a fight!

meh - Good for you for doing some stuff for you. Sometimes we need those days, sounds like you were being pretty productive anyway!

Jen - Sent off a friend request. Here I was thinking I was an original and so many other people have my name. Bet they don't have my crazy personality though

mrzbaby - Hope you catch those eggies - congrats on having 2, sounds like the clomid was well worth it!

sally - Hope you are feeling better and are able to relax and enjoy your holiday.

AFM - Picked up my new car today and I love it!

boble - I have read that spotting after O and before AF can indicate low levels of progesterone (but someone please correct me if I'm wrong). This would also make it difficult for a embryo to stick since progesterone builds up the lining. It was a while ago now, but someone on this thread mentioned that they had bought Toni Weschler's book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Was it you? I have a copy too and I know she discusses pre-AF spotting in one of the appendices. But I don't believe it is normal. If I were in your situation I would demand some answers from my doc or find another one. "You're just wired that way" is not an answer and is, at best, very unprofessional. All the best hun.

juleswa-That is a wonderful thing you did with the roses. And such a nice way to remember your lilt rose. How are you feeling?

Trust me your not alone. Days seem to drag on all the time anymore! Waiting to take temp, TWW, waiting to poas, waiting for af (or RB).

mrzbaby- YAY!!! I'm so excited for you. I am that you catch both eggies!

cherished- I hope your enjoyed your dinner & movie. I pray that it is implantation bleeding for you too!

coco- It often feels like our own bodies betray us because we have no clue what they are doing or they are doing what they aren't supposed to. Try not to read too much into those tests.

boble-I would find another doctor. That is not a "normal" thing and you deserve answers. Also Hannah is right. I have the book Taking charge of your fertility and it says in there that it could be due to your progesterone level. So asking to have that checked might help?!?

Hannah- Your new ticker is beautiful!

charm, meh,smi,mel, and anyone else I missed.

AFM- Well today my temp is back up... so I am praying that it was an implantation dip!?! Has anyone else had this in previous pregnancy's? I'm trying not to get too excited over it but my boobies are really sore (sorry if TMI) and I have been having cramps. We are going away to a friends wedding this weekend and that means no drinking for me at the reception just in case! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast