Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ March 2009

Looks like it was a busy night last night!!

My Hubby keeps saying to me when im all flat and saying how Im nothing like myself that I have to ' fake it till I make it', Im pretty sure its an AA line (not that he is or saw it on tv but it is so so true sometimes!!

Mrzbaby - Im not totally sure what you are meaning by cm, is that the discarge?
    I think that that is all ok after a d & c but I was told if my next period had too much clotting then that is an indication that you haven't completely healed.

Is this your first since or have you had a few cycles?
    The acupunturist asked me about the colour of the discarge and if during my normal period I had spotting and seemed pleased I didn't.

Im 3 weeks from d & c and mine is nearly clear now, like (SORRY IF TMI) almost a light light mustard, which I was told is good.

Does any of this help??

Cant wait for tonight!! Only got up and Im shattered, feel like Ive been running all night not sleeping ARGH!!

Morning girls and I hope you all have a bright a beautiful day!!! Love to you all

Steph29 Welcome I just joined this group on Tuesday (or wed?) and already know I am among friends... I look forward to sharing our TTC journey together

jen805 & Angels 1 Angel 2 HAHAHAHAHAH re the DH or DF always being right.... My wonderful hubby is ALWAYS right!!!! In past relationships "I" was the one who was always right... soooo I thought it would be mega annoying but strangley it isn't Instead it is comforting to know I can always rely on everything he says and count on his advise etc to always be the right thing Plus he isn't the arrogant "I'm right" type of person... he's just supportive and gently leads all the people in his life in the right direction BLESS HIM!!!

sallyk61 We have decided to TTC after my first period.... So I hope that doesn't take any longer than 4 weeks to arrive...

megsmum & jen805 DH had an accupuncture session yesterday and she also told him I should wait 6 months... You've got to be joking!!!! Obviously we are going to ignore her advise!

mrzbaby I am no expert but I wouldn't worry too much about old blood making it's way out of your body... if it were new blood I think it'd be a different story.. lmao re the water... Hey perhaps you can bottle it and sell it on ebay as a magic fertility potion hehehehhe

AFM Yesterday arvo I started to get a pretty sore stomach... If I wasn't having a D&C today I'm sure a natural miscarriage wouldn't be far away... Is it strange to prefer the D&C rather than going through a natural miscarriage???? Physically and emotionally I just don't want to do it the natural way.... God I wish I had of got to have a scan at 8 or 9 weeks instead of 11, than I would be a month further into TTC again But I wont dwell on the past... Happy days are ahead loosing weight and conceiving our bub... YAY

mummy_of_3_boys Guest

First thing this morning I got up and POAS, thought it was time....... while waiting my 2 minutes AF showed her ugly/unwanted head! I AM SO MAD Why couldn't she have come 5 mintues before I wasted a test and why did she have to come at all? Why did she have to come 10 days late and get my hopes up yet again? I feel like someone is playing a cruel game with me. Needless to say I got a

I HATE YOU AF I HATE YOU AF I HATE YOU AF I HATE YOU AF I HATE YOU AF

I hope you girlies have a better day today

Awww, MO3B, I'm so sorry that biaaaaaatch had the nerve to not only show up, but show up so [email protected] late! Be kind to yourself--I know how you are! Let me know if you need some cheering up! Hope to see you in chat tomorrow--well, tonight for you, YKWIM! Chin up, my kinky little twin!

5. Default

hey MO3B........ there are words to use for AF... you know them... I know you do....you cant put them in here cause they would have to be edited out.... but you can yell and scream them in the privacy of your own home at least have fun with it......even make up a few if you want...you could start a dictionary just on ones I have made up.

Cherished.....'the comfort of knowing he is right' .....hmmm dont have that with DH.... I have the comfort of knowing that I am always right and that he thinks he is

LMAO Angels !&2!! You said it! Hey, you, if you're still around....MSN

Hey girls, I havent posted for a while. I think I was just getting a bit down about my whole situation and I didnt find comfort anywhere. I am finally lifting out of my dark mood and we finally have some answers after seeing the gynie. I have been diagnosed with PCOS. So, I have to have some more bloodtests tomorrow and then my DH has to have a sperm analysis on the 7th April (earliest we can get in). My next appointment is the 28th of APril and my doctor is going to start us on fertility meds. We havent had a cycle or ovulated since we miscarried, which is about 13 weeks ago now. We sat down and had a really big talk about whether this is the path we want to take, since we have our two beautiful girls already. But we both have a really strong want for another baby, and I think if we didnt do what we could to have No 3, we would always feel like something is missing. I am kind of hoping that the desire for more kids ends if we are lucky to have another baby. Because we cant keep going for ever.

Does anyone know, as I have had a few people say to me, but does anyone know if fertility meds increase your chance of a multiple birth?

Sorry for no pm's ... promise to be back later for something more substantial ... I have a really naughty 3 year old wearing me very thin today!

xx

Wow this thread is getting chatty again. No more lurking for me if I want to keep up. I have so much to catch up on.

fifi & megsmum - You're not rubbing anything in at all. I personally love that you pop in from time to time to let us know how you're doing. It gives me hope that happy endings don't just happen in fairy tales. for you both.

Eliza - Only those who have lost a baby know how hard it is to hear others announce pregnancies and/or births. You are allowed to feel jealous, angry and resentful. The question "why me?" always invokes those emotions. Answers are so hard to come by with m/c and even though we know we didn't do anything wrong I don't think we ever stop asking "why?". But the depth of those emotions does decrease with time. The blow of hearing someone's news does lessen as time goes by. The important thing is to allow yourself the freedom to feel these things, because that is the only way they will pass...with time. I know what you mean about BB being a lifesaver. It was such a relief for me to find out that those feelings are normal. I hope you are having a better day today.

Shortcake - Good on you and DH for resolving to just have fun. And moving house must be a great distraction as well as an exciting change. Sending AF vibes - I hope she doesn't keep you waiting too long.

sally - I too felt wonderful and "untouchable" (I hadn't used that word to describe it before) when I was pregnant. I don't think I'd ever felt healthier in my life. I want that feeling back too. Sounds like the acupuncture is helping.

greenlsw - I like your analogy of the country road and stopping to look at the view. Its so easy to forget to do that at times. Its funny, when DH and I are actually driving, DH is always very keen to get to our destination, but I love just being along for the ride. I'm not sure why that is so hard to apply to everyday life. Anyhoo....I'm glad things are looking better for you and that your DP and step son are so supportive (at 15 that's incredible!). Goodluck with the acupuncture - I hope it helps. BTW, how on earth did you get your entire class to sleep by choice?

Rhi - If shopping makes you feel better, then go for it! There's nothing quite like retail therapy. Besides if anyone comments, you can just tell them you're doing your bit for the economy .

Mel - Hope you're having a great time shopping and dancing on tables in Melbourne!

boble - I hope you get some answers.

Steph - Welcome I'm sorry you have to be here though . The women here have been a godsend. What angels1&2 said is true, the support here is amazing because everyone gets it (unlike so many IRL).

MO3B - I'm so sorry AF showed. And 10 days late WTF?! I'm definitely joining the I HATE AF club. So sorry hun . Please take care of yourself.

jen - Thanks so much . Only you can make me laugh and cry at the same time. It can get quite messy around here. I've had more and more moments lately when I have felt myself mentally giving up. More and more there's this need to just let go - and that terrifies me. So I agree that taking Zoloft is not admitting defeat - its my last stand. The decision was so hard because meds were always just an option, a safety net. If this doesn't work, I don't know what comes next. Its this feeling that led to the despair I expressed the other day. But I will just have to cross that bridge when/if I get to it.

I hope you don't have to wait too long to see your doctor. Thank goodness for the nurse to help you out. See, its not about what you know, but who you know.

Angels1&2 - Thanks for your kind words. Its strange that they can mean so much coming from a complete stranger. I've been dealing with depression since my early teens (my dad was killed in an accident when I was 13) so I know the vast difference between feeling sad, experiencing grief and having a chemical imbalance. But this is the first time I've needed meds to help. I've also been having cognitive therapy and was hoping that that would be enough. But its so hard to change the way I think when I feel so low. I'm now hoping that the meds can lift my mood so that I can learn to apply new ways of thinking.

kazaraz - I'm sorry to read you've been diagnosed with PCOS. While it can make having another baby difficult, the fact that you have 2 girls is a good sign, right? The heart wants what it wants, and if you and DH both want another baby then you should give it a go. Don't feel you ever have to explain your decision to anyone .

cherished - I'm thinking of you today. I'm sure the procedure will go smoothly. It took 5 weeks for AF to show after I had my D&C (I was told it would be between 4 and 6 weeks). I much preferred the idea of a D&C to miscarrying naturally, especially since I'd had brown spotting for a week before the D&C anyway, so who knew how long it would have taken naturally? I just wanted the physical part over so I could focus on my emotional recovery.

I've never asked any woman if or when she is having a baby. Even if I had in the past, I certainly wouldn't now. I copped it from the partner of a mate of DH a couple of weeks ago while she was holding her 4-month old boy named Jacob (which is the name I liked if we'd had a boy) who they conceived unplanned. I know DH told his mate about the m/c, so I was at first stunned that she asked. I think I mumbled something about "whenever it happens". But knowing DH's mate, he probably wouldn't have told his partner (even if he remembers). But this is part of the problem and contributes to our feelings of alienation. Because no-one talks about m/c, people don't realise how common it is, so they don't think about how wounding such a simple question can be. Sorry, I didn't mean to go on about me. Just wanted to let you know that I know where you're coming from .

cherised, jen & angels1&2 - cherished, your DH sounds like mine - the quiet type of "I'm right". And its is good to be able to trust his opinions and advice (especially right now since my perception is so screwy). But its funny when we disagree over little things ( the name of an actor in that movie we watched last week, for example), then he'll get arrogant about being right. But, more often that not, he's wrong in that case . Gotta love him!

AFM - I'm feeling more positive about starting meds and am off to the pharmacy today. Its just scary since I don't know what the next step is if this doesn't work (but I will worry about that if it happens). As far as TTC goes . Its CD18 and I don't think I've O'ed yet. I suppose that if stress can delay ovulation, the depression could too. But did it have to happen the first cycle I'm charting? I had a lot of cramping and lower back pain (like I get with AF,only milder) last night. I've never had that around ovulation before, so something is going on with my body. I just don't know what.

Yesterday I was determined to spend some time with DH just to make love (not to make a baby) since DTD has become kind of mechanical the last few days. Then before getting to the critical moment, DH asks me if my temp went up that morning. It so helps to keep a sense of humour while TTC.

Hannah - I'm so glad you are feeling more positive today You are doing the right thing!

MO3B - Stupid, stupid AF!! Gotta hate her when she does that to you, grrrrrr.

Jen - I promise I'll post when I put the pic up The gallery doesn't work properly for me either, so I'll save you the time lurking around waiting LOL Hope you get that drs appt soon!

Steph29 - Welcome

Cherished - Strange about those acupunturists...maybe of they had had a m/c themselves they might think differently! And I was the same as you with the D&C too, I was too scared to go through the natural process, scared of the pain, what I might see etc etc. And with a DD to look after too, I didn't want to be in the situation where she saw me in that condition either If it feels right to you, then it is the right thing to do

Mel - We did try to find it out LOL but someone was being very coy and not showing off much! But it does look like we are probably having another girl, I have to go back for another look at a couple of things on Mon (just a formality, nothing wrong) so will hopefully find out for sure then.

Sallyk - Yep, we waited the one cycle, but during that time we didn't take any precautions either KWIM? So it could have happened, but on the other hand we didn't actively TTC either.

Angels 1&2 - Oh I have a DH like that too! LOL I just let him think he's right all the time! Aren't all men like that?

A big hi to everyone I have missed today Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to this...uhm...
    Ok, so I had a miscarriage about 5 weeks ago. I was 16 weeks into my pregnancy and in another city on business, away from family and friends (everyone I know).
    I've been told that there was nothing I could have done to change things (lots of explanations and reasons were bounced around) but I cannot help but want to micro-manage every moment of the 16 weeks and find something I've done wrong. Trouble with that is I've lost 30 kilos since June last year and have never been fitter or healthier in my life (so I wondered if it was related to diet and exercise).
    My husband has been wonderful, he wants to try again straight away. I'm 39 and feel like I'm running out of time. There are so many emotions going on, I'm wanting to try again but am absolutely terrified of putting myself into that position again. I'm assuming this is not unfamiliar territory for many of us.
    Anyway, I guess time will tell.
    Thanks for letting me say something.
    xo

Hey all,

Oh my, it has been busy in here last night & this morning!

I have caught up with where everyone is at, but i won't do personals as I am strapped for time, just wanted to pop in & say hello

Sorry to hear that alot of you are going through such terrible times at the moment.

AFM - Feel like I am going through the motions. DH is all up for bd as he really wants me to be pg next month, but I am not feeling the pleasure of it (sorry if TMI). I almost want it to be over quickly, just to get pg, which is really not a good place to be. Expecting to O about 22nd of the month, but hey - who really knows with my crazy cycle. Hopefully the naturopath's concoctions help with this plus give me clear signs of Oing. I haven't had any the last few months, but not sure if that was due to my m/c and continual spotting in between ???? Anyway, got to go

I will try to drop in later
    xx

Just needed to pop in and say a couple of things

MO3B - HOW DARE SHE. Wish that unwanted visitor would just get herself together and realize that there is just some people that she is not to visit. (and I'm so sorry that she left my house and turned up at yours), hey does that mean we're cycle (almost) buddies now?

HannahD - Your DH sounds like mine - He'll ask "How's your temp going?". I love how he started this AFTER I stopped temping. thinking of you.

Megsmum - Can't believe how fast your bub is growing. Won't be long and you'll be holding him/her in your arms.

Fifi - You're always welcome on here. You've been such a support to many people and it's always wonderful to have a positive in the midst of all this. Got a special job just for you to pass onto that little bub for me. Remember the 15th is the best date LOL.

Angel 1&2 - You're right - Jen is a rock - always knows what to say - just like some others that helped me along when I needed it.

For the newbies , I'm so sorry that you've had to join this humble little thread. The girls in here are the most supportive bunch of women you'll ever "meet". Remember, we've all been through the most horrible time of our lives, and somehow, we manage to get out the other end - wiser, sadder, but definately stronger. Without this thread and the beautiful women here, I know that I would not be "lurking" now.

OK - I'll go back to lurking now.

Milbindi - I'm so sorry for your loss. And to have been away from your family and friends at the time - I can't imagine how hard that was. Miscarriage definitely comes with a huge range of emotions, many of them conflicting with others. Right now, I'm so focused on just getting pregnant again, that I have no idea how I'll cope once I am. But that's how I cope...one step at a time. Take all the time you need to grieve for your angel. Only you can know when you're ready to try again.

Rhi - I think the first 4 cycles after my miscarriage were like that. I was just BDing to get pregnant again. Maybe there is something in that "fake it 'til you make it" idea. I tried to just focus on maintaining a good relationship with DH and sex is a part of that. Its 7 months later and I think I'm finally there. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time I hope the naturopath's concoctions help.

mollycat - I love that he is thoughtful enough to ask. I just think he could have picked a better time Great to see you're still around, btw

hi there everyone.. and thank god for friday - i sooo need a break!

Milbindi -sorry you have had to join us in here. but it really is the most wonderful place to be at this horrible time! how hard it must have been to go through all that away from family. good luck with ttc in the future - i hope your stay here is short. xx

Rhi - sorry to hear you have been having a bad time. glad that you feel like you are coming out of the darkness a bit

Steph - how are you going??? thinking of you hun xx

silly question - does anyone know much about magnets? we have moved into our parents house while they go travelling around australia in a caravan. and part of this deal was we got mum and dads awesome mattress... and they had an underlay/mattress protector with magnets in it. we have had this for about a month and this is the month where it seems as though my cycle has gotten shorter - from 35 days to what may be 28 - 30 (still waiting for af to arrive) - could it be from the magnets???? also, when i do fall preg... is it safe to sleep on the underlay/mattress protector still? sorry, i just want to make sure I dont do anything which will make us m/c again.. im scared already and haven't even gotten a bfp yet lol.

have a great weekend everyone xxx

boble - no idea about the magnets. I cant even think who you might actually ask!! Sorry.

Milbindi - my heart goes out for you. Stay as strong as you can and remember to get all the help you need, mental and physical.

HannahD - I know exactly what you mean!! Im desperately waiting for my cycle to start so I can start trying too. Doesn't feel right trying till I have a cycle, for me it seems to weird but initially I was so so desperate and I think you should go for it!

Megsmum - do you mind me asking when you did concieve after?

Im totally belieiving in 'fake it 'till you make it' right now, cried my eyes out all the way to school right up till the kiddies got in but god they have a god instinct, they were so so so beautiful all day. Makes me feel like a monster teacher!!!

HannahD - by the way the feeling of waiting is my mothers fault!! I just want her to feel positive too about it other wise I wouldn't fall anyway, I reckon it would be too much negative energy. Im not into that kind of stuff but semi get.

Strange day of guilt, haven't felt it for a couple of days and it just eats you so quickly...

Stupid I just feel like I took everybodies recomendations so easily I didn't try to find a solution.
    The logic in me tells me it wouldn't of been terminated so quickly if there wasnt that fatal aspect for me but I still can't shake it.. Bugger!!

Sorry for the Friday night rant, 1st champagne for over 5 months...

Default Hay

Hay.

I've been reading some of the posts on here and Im sorry to hear about your losses.
    Thanks for sharing your stories.
    I've suffered 3 m/c and have been TTC for 9months.

I dont really know wat to write.

I hope I can join u on the road to BFP and make a couple of new friends on the way.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast