Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ March 2009

Quiet around here today!

mollycat, MO3B, plc, fifi, & Krystie--Hope to see you all in chat! Only problem is, with our time change, I'm not quite sure how it will affect our chat time... I actually think it will make me an hour earlier to chat! I feel so very blonde atm... but let me get this straight.... it's Spring forward.... so what used to be 5am is now 6am... sooooooo that means so if I get up at 5 like usual, it's actually as tho I'm getting up at 4, right? So that should make me earlier to chat! Does this make any sense at all? LMAO... Luv my girls!

Ruthie--If you're lurking, just want you to know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!

meh, jackjack, Rmercimek, & kazaraz

WTH--Still waiting to see that avi! I could barely stand waiting for mine--aren't you super excited? Lots of hugs, bellyrubs, and coming your way! Hope you're well!

My favorite fishy friends: megsmum & babymiracles--Zen....Zen....Zen...Zen... hey, it rhymes with jen! Cycle bud, did I read somewhere that only 5 more days til your next scan? Sending you both lots of

Greenslw--We must have been posting at the same time... I'm so glad to hear that today has been a better day! Always good to feel loved! Also glad you're feeling welcomed and less alone... that's what it's all about--this thread and these girls are the best! Have a great weekend--it's only Thursday here, you lucky duck!

smi--Thinking of you, and hoping that things are getting better for you! Don't be a stranger!

Easha & chappas-- Big *hugs* and

Big *hugs* & for issy, Tam, jenushka, pbstar, tutmae, Theresa, Polly, & Karen van

Big for everyone else not mentioned! Always thinking of you all!

Wait no longer, Jen Ta Da! Now you can put a cyber-face to my cyber-name (and of course, I prefer the cyber one, particularly the impressive boobies!)

Woo hoo *whistles*... snazzy and sexy! Love, love, love it!!! It's fab! Boy.... ask and you shall receive... if only everything were that easy! Oh, and impressive bb's, btw--my cyber-bb's are a bit perkier than my own!

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies I still don't have a obgyn yet Im call a few 2morrow and see how soon I can get an appt ... thats all from me right now my doc put me on cymbalta so I really tried ...

Jen - LOL at you and your "Jen Zen"! But thanks for thinking of us, and yep 5 sleeps to go to the big scan. It's next Wed so I'm starting to feel a bit nervous but hoping everything is OK. I'm feeling quite a few little movements, so at least that is a good sign.

erybery - I'm so sorry to read your news that more scans reveal that everything is actually OK

A big hi and to everyone else here, hope you are all doing OK. I do lurk and read most days, and try to keep up with you all even though I don't post too much now. I can't wait to see heaps more BFPs and more of you with us the the PAML thread!

Hello everyone ~ happy Friday/Thursday (depending on your time zone!)

Especially to Hannah and Jen for remembering me even though I'm not able to post as often as I'd like. I think I must be the slackest of the slack. I probably shouldn't hold my breath, but we all seem well this week...finally!

I hesitate to put this into words but....AF is late. I'm such a wuss. I'd just written all these details in about what's going on with my body but now I don't want to fully post them all in case I jinx what is maybe happening. Hope you forgive me for this relatively 'nothing' post.

Take care everyone,
    M

PS - I'm editing because AF just arrived. Never again will I be so foolish as to voice what I think might be happening until it actually really is happening.
    Last edited by meh; March 13th, 2009 at 02:59 PM.

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to spread some and to say HELLO!

Jen - I missed your birthday, so happy belated birthday to you darling! Hope you had a lovely day . Ill have a slice of cake in honour of you (not that I need an excuse for that! )

Well, my 19 week scan is just over a week away. Im a little nervous but excited at the same time. DH and I have decided to find out what sex the baby is...he has twisted my arm. My guess is its a boy....im swear its trying out for the socceroos in there always on the move!

Take care gorgeous girls,
    Issy

Hi all!
    So looking to the weekend.
    Going to the shops tomorrow with my sister, feel like I should get a pedi or something but still don't feel like I 'deserve' anything nice...

Work has been good taking my mind of things but I STILL wish I was starting to feel a little more positive about how far I have come.
    I know it was not even two weeks ago but I felt so black for most of the time, leading up to the termination and then after, and like I could never function again.

I think I need to maybe up the sessions Im having!!!

Default Vent.... Hold your ears!!!!

Hi all.
    Warning for those not wanting to hear my vent ..................
    OK Dh told me before my last ob apt that the did not want me making the deicison of not having any more kids until a few more months as that was when he thought we should have another go at TTC. I told him I wanted the chip implant or the injection and he said not to as he wanted to discuss trying again...DH smokes and back in August when my op was done he gave up then in October and then in December and then he made the call when he saw our little one so still and lifeless on the screen at our last scan...... then he started again.

Don't get me wrong I have told him to get patches go to the sdoc etc but he won't......

When he asked me not to make my decision I asked him why i was the one who should have to go through all these lifestyle changing events such as my blood sugar levels, diet,all those pre conception things when he couldn;t even give up smoking to give us the best possible chance at this child he so wants me to consider in a couple of months.
    He said that that was it no more for good as long as I didn't get the chip or injection and give us the opportunity to reconsider TTC.

So today he left to go camping with his brothers which is all good i want him to go as he has been through a lot as well, went to kiss me and then i smelt it...He had been smoking again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I couldn't even say goodbye to him i simply put my hand up and told him not to speak to me.

I started councelling today and had been for a session and she told me to wait not make the TTC decision ..as I had told her about him and the wanting me not to have the injections and he give up smoking and give it 3 - 4 months... My counceller told me I shouldn't make the decison yet as he was prepared to make the commitment of getting healthy ready for TTC again. That we both get healthy and then make the decison together is what she told me.

I am just shattered that he couldn't keep his end of the bargin.. I am so shattered.. I don't even want to see him when he gets home on Sunday.. I want him to go stay somewhere else for a few days until I know re sort myself out.

To make it worse I still have preg hormones and have started bleeding again ....What he doesn't get is that I am STILL going through this and he wants me to think about things and he can't even commit to this himself.

I feel cheated

I see Ob on Monday mmornig and I am asking for the chip. I can't keep going like this. He has had plenty of time to commit to this but he can't keep his end of the deal. I need to now make choices for me for my body and if I have to be so primed for pre TTC and he can't even make the effort for something he wants then I have no choice but to get the chip.

Sorry I just need to vent......

Mrzbaby
    Vent all you like, that sucks so much.

No idea how you would feel, can only begin to imagine the level of insane frustration you must be feeling...

ALl I can even think to say is maybe take your councellers advice seriously, I would be so so so insanely angry and its not a great time to make these huge decissions.

Thinking of you and Feeling for you.
    xxoo

Oh erybery - I was so sorry to hear your news sweeting - I cannot imagine how you are feeling but hope that you have some wonderful, strong people around you and some very sensitive caregivers. I can only pray that a second scan brings better news for you - there are few words or ideas that I can offer as comfort when you are facing something such as this.

To all the ladies whose bodies are playing 'spot the symptom' with them - may this coming month bring a greater harmony and co-operation between body and spirit for you.

And huge lashings of to this new thread and all our wonderful women in it.

Fificlaire - it was great to hear bub has decided to engage in a good position - it is amazing how much that eases the progress of the pg

AFM - here we are at 12 weeks and still a little odd in the head about it all (however it may just be that I haven't recognised that as my permanent state of being ...) - still got to do those 'official' announcements yet - my mum will kill me if she hears about anyone else knowing before she did or someone let's something drop before I do (got to love being 39 and quivering at the idea of matriarchal fury )

Look after yourselves
    Karen van

Ohhh Mrz baby

I hate the hormonal swinging depression side of it all. God I have so much empathy for you right now.

I hope your hubby see's how you're being affected, and not to be the devils advocate, but is this his way of dealing with it too?

I hope that you guys get through it. I understand not wanting to see him (if it were me I probably would have slapped mine int he face...but that's just me. Im a little dramatic)

AFM:

My chart is being *****. Yup.. Needed to be a swear word there...

It took away my ovulation date as my temps went quite low at 5dpo and I am frustrated and so upset. I think i might not ovulate this month?? Although im sure that i have ovulated... Um Im confused...

Ps...I have lost a Kilo since the m/c but im bloating like a friggin beach ball.. so not sexy..

How did you all feel about sex the first time after your m/c? For me I was a bit ambiguous about whether it was good or baaad. I wanted to cry but I wanted to forget what happened and pretend nothing happened. (Im talking about being pregnant here).

Hope you're all going well? Who else is in their first month after a m/c? I wuld be 9 weeks and 1 day today..I looked...stupid girl I am..and I feel worse than what i did before..

Jen805 my sister in law is from Canada (my brother lives there now too with their two beautiful boys) the whole date, time line still confuses the heck out of me but if the weekend is closer here that's always a good thing but you get to be in Sunday mode when I'm at work
    Oh well win some loose some

Hi Coco,
    Id be 15 weeks, Terminated 2 weeks ago so in a similar boat to you...
    It strange isn't it, the first time after losing the baby.
    I needed the clossness but felt so sad at the same time.
    Strangely maybe a more important moment for my husband but needed all the same.

Mrzbaby my DP is a smoker and wouldn't even consider giving up. I haven't even gone there to tell you the truth, but I should, we (ladies) make so many choices to be health in TTC and sometimes it feels a little lop sided. I'm sending you some anti smoker vibes Keep venting it's good.

The counsellor at my clinic is so nice I think any help is worth the time.

Hey yeah and what about drinking???

I had to explain to DH about the effects of alcohol during pregnancy & TTC. He isnt an avid drinker but beers with the boys every week or sometimes twice a week I was worrying about the effects being had on his swimmies. glad you ladies bought up the lopsided health regime!

mummy_of_3_boys Guest

Hi Girls just a quickie to say hello, i'm thinking of you and to throw around some

Take care

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Jen- WHERE ARE YOU HANDS???? PMSL

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast