Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ September 2010

Melster - oh sweetie - such exciting, anxious times. I remember them so welll.... you know what? Embrace the craziness and the possibilities but HOLD OUT TIL Wednesday to test... you will be so proud of yourself if you do. Stay away AF!!!

Glen Glen - I am glad you got some reassurance. That is the main thing. It is not an exact science at all - obstetrics. How you manage this depends on you. Some women find a lot of relief in having their HCG levels tested... I have to say I've been there and done it and I was just plain miserable, the whole time I was testing, and in consultation with my Obs, we decided to discontinue it. So it really depends on what you think you need. If you think you need it though, put your foot down! I've hear a similar statistic too.... hoping that the next week to your u/s is not too harrowing and you get to see a fabo little heartbeat next Monday and then you will be on top of the world!

Iona - glad you got to share your news with your fam - were they excited?

Forshelby - bugger about another headache, but good work on sulking on the lounge. Ha, you had me in fits of laughter, trying to imagine you contorting yourself to get yourself anywhere near the poses your puppy can do... it is always so cute when they put their little paws over their eyes. Our cats do it all the time.... it just makes me go "awwwwwww".

I have trouble tying my own shoe laces, putting on foot cream ( can't have crackled old lady heels at a time like this!), getting dressed, getting out of bed, off the lounge, up and down off the loo, in and out of the car, walking up stairs.... it is way too funny ( and a wee bit uncomfortable at times). How far the mighty have fallen.... just in terms of what I could physically do before to now. I used to run around playing sport for a couple of hours at a time.... now my best effort is a snooze for a couple of hours.... and I am struggling to see what the attraction with the exercise was. LOL. I have had what feels like indigestion/bloating right in between where my ribs join most of the day.... I hope this little one isn't confused about what direction they need to be heading in. I might go see what Dr Google says.....

Howdy all we have arrived home safe and sound from our week end away in the rain yet again and OMG it was sooooo freezing cold out there it was just yuck. And yes I did have a few drinks for everyone over the week end but no headache the next day thank goodness...lol....
    Hope everyone is happy and healthy in here, Welcome to our newbies I hope your stay in here is short and sweet girls.
    Melster- Sounding a bit promising if AF is late for you, hang in there darl it's a hard long slog but it's all worth while in the end darl. Keep yah chin up.
    Kell,Reet,Iona,Forshelby,Glenglen- How are you all travelling I hope MS aint hitting you all to hard, and thank you all for your lovely words of support I adore you all.
    Dory- wow I can't believe you are so very very very close now to holding your little bundle of joy, thinking of you everyday darl and I really hope and pray your birth goes wonderfully for you darl, but I know it will.
    AFM- Feeling pretty much alot happier than I was Thursday/Friday when the old witch AF arrived on me, going to be taking the great advice I got from you all and finding a new DR and also getting some vitamin B6s into me, I was devastated that AF arrived Friday had a good cry Thursday and couldn't believe my body had failed me yet again but while away over the week end I come to realise that the end result of TTC is really out of my hands, I can't force myself to get our long awaited BFP but I will see what's going on with my cycles, I haven't temped this month yet and not even sure I really want to. I've been feeling like I have put my life on hold with what if's and maybes' but i don't want to keep living like that I want to make plans for our future and be happy not obsessed with TTC and getting lucky enough to hit the jackpot. So after I have been to the doc and had tests done and I have our results I thinking maybe I will just leave it all up to mother nature from here on in.

Clairesmummy - sometimes I reckon there' a lot to be said for understanding your cycle through temping etc, and then with that knowledge, BD'ing when you can during the window of opportunity and not fussing too much..... if only for the fact that you get your life back rather than obsessing. I had always hoped I could be like that... but it was a work in progress for me, some cycles I was better at it than others, and I had the luxury of never having to endure for too long. There were years of charting and tests, but that wasn't when we were intensely TTC. But it has to be what works for you? Glad you had a trip away and relaxed with a drinkie... pity about the weather! I haven't even gone outside today because I couldn't be bothered getting wet. What a sookie la la I am.

So now you have to find a new doc? are you going local or going to go into town?

Oh - thanks for the vote of confidence. It feels so very close but still so far away.

Dory- You are more than welcome, you are such a huge inspiration to us all in here and I am just so happy for you, can't wait to read your BA darl.
    I always feel bad about complaining about our TTC journey as there are so many more families out there doing it tougher than us. I'm thinking I will try our new local DR first then if she can't or won't give me what I want I will have to travel any where from 1-2 hours away to find a decent DR, if there's one out there for me....lol.....but I can only try and see what happens I guess.

Arghhh Dory am I in the right place hun. I am not recognising anyones names...it has been a couple of weeks i think. Feels a bit like the world has flipped. I will have to go and search through the last few pages, sorry everyone...bit disorientated. I dont; have time now and will be back soon. xoxox

morning ladies...

well this is the second day that im late........but i got a bfn this morning still......dont know whas going on......i have either ovulated late and implanted late.....or af is on her way....and hopefully soon......i swear when i saw the line go over it was pink and then it went over the control line....swear i can see a shadow that looks gray....probably coz im trying to swint so hard to see something lol.......

heres to another day being impatient...hopefully i get my answer soon so i can either do the happy dance or deal with af.....limbo is even worse

surely it would show up by now wouldnt it?

Don't give up Melster hope mine took four days to show up after AF was due - hope AF stays away.
    those darn preg tests i reckon they do go pink as the wee crosses it then it disappears better to pee and flee i say

got my scan friday morn girls have been laying low holding my breath just hoping it is all good. im so scared it will all go wrong

thanks kellbell.....i keep thinking i will get a positive tomorrow for some reason..........im hoping and praying....so do u think u ovulated late as well?

im glad u have ur scan friday....i will hope and pray everything will be alright with ur bubba

Dory - Oh yeah, Mr puppy was great to snuggle and sook with. He's the master of the sulky pose, for sure. I had a good chuckle at all the things you're finding difficult with your belly in the way.. very cute. A friend of mine once said she felt like an easter-egg. Haha. I'm sure bubs is heading in the right direction, perhaps there's some feet in your ribs?

Clairesmummy - We adore you too, hun. And as I always say... keep on truckin'! Not sure what that means, but always makes me laugh. Leaving it to fate is always a good plan. It's always served me well, anyway.

Gigi - That made me laugh! Poor hun, getting all lost in cyberspace.

Melster - In my experience, grey is an evap line. Doesn't mean a bfp isn't on the way though! FX

Kellbell - I did the pee and flee thing! would never look at it until the time was up. Good luck for your scan!

AFM - Being a lady of leisure is not as fun as I predicted. It's actually really lonely and boring! I just wish I could find the motivation to do something with myself. I feel nauseous just thinking about housework. Oh, and something I've noticed over the last few weeks. I used to be an awesome typist. Now I'm constantly spelling things backwards, reversing letters.... and just mis-spelling and having to re-do things. I call it preglexia. Not sure what is up with that but it's frustrating!

Hi Lovely Ladies
    Damprye ~ So glad you guys are going to try again and very pleased things are good between you and your DP. All the best hun, FX!

M Mum ~ have a good break off the meds hun, hope it does your body the world of good and GL with the tubes!

Melster ~ FX AF stays away and you had a late implantation and hence no BFP on POAS yet. Hoping you will get a 2nd magical line hun.

Starr84 ~ Welcome and good luck! Sorry for the loss of your twins

Glenglen ~ F and TX its not a m/c. You do hear of many woman bleeding throughout their PG's so hoping its just a bit of old blood finally coming down or something - stay pos!

Garfield ~ Welcome and good luck to you. So sorry for your loss

Dory ~ All the best with the birth and everything else - very exciting you will finally have your miracle in your arms

Forshelby ~ Ive read its pretty common to get headaches at your stage of pregnancy. I think you can take Panadine just not Nurofen. But probably best to check with the docs. I did find a thread on here once about headaches during PG - perhaps search it. I hope you get rid of them hun.

Clairesmummy ~ Glad you are a lot happier and that you enjoyed your weekend. All the best with finding a new doc etc.

Kellbell ~ GL on Fri! FX everything will be great, im sure it will be amazing

AFM ~ Getting very excited now, getting very close. Also my body is mental - i have bit of brown bleeding again (sorry TMI), even though im on the pill etc so could be just an early AF it's very very early for me. I couldnt be PG if Im on the pill could I?? - ive been on it since CD1 on the 4th Sept (so about 17 days) for the up-coming IVF.

Ahh yes, Sorry girls. I was in the wrong place- that was a strange experience. I have been away for a couple fo weeks and thought i was coming back to the same place and didn't know anyone Ha- so funny. I have found myself now. Thank you for your brief hospitality. Love and luck to you all. xoxo

Loops - Ah headaches. All part of that second trimester glow. LOL. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be pg if you've been on the pill since cd1 but I'm no doctor. Maybe it's some kind of breakthrough bleeding? So exciting your IVF is so close now.

Gigi - Feel free to crash the party anytime

Gi - I wasn't ignoring you sweet - just didn't log on til late today and you'd found your "sat nav" by then. If I don't get the email notification I never remember where I need to be. LOL

Default Advice needed please....

Hi girls I will do persies but have to ask a few questions first please hoping some one can give me some advice before I get tp the drs hopefully tomoro. Ok here's where i will start since coming off the pill in Sept. 2008 my cycles have been all over the place very erratic and never consistant by any means, I started charting after my MC in April of this year and my LP has been from 5-9 days long usually 9 days. I have been trying to google some info on the net about short LP's and what problems occur from them. Well to my amazement on one site I read a short LP will cause early MC, I had my MC at 5.4weeks PG. I am so peeved at my "OLD" DR now for not investigating my problems earlier when I asked them too which was way before i even fell PG. Now I'm sitting here thinking that my MC could of been maybe been avoided if they had only listened to me when I asked them about my cycles while I was in for my pap smear. So I guess my questions are has anybody else had this problem with thier LP and if so what can I do about it, as in treatments ect ect. Any advice is appreciated thank you. I'm making my appointment at the Drs tomoro morning with the new local lady dr and if she won't help me I'm going to our nearest town to try to get help there and if that don't work well I dunno. I really feel our TTC problem has something to do with me not my DF I feel it in my heart and I want it fixed and we will get our BFP soon.
    Forshelby- Sorry to hear you are getting headaches darl, I suffer with them a bit and migraines so darl you have all my sympathy, a nice hot relaxing bath always helps my headaches darl.
    Loops- Good luck for your scan darl, be thinking of you and can't wait to read all about it, and thank you for the good luck in finding a new DR darl, I'm going to need it I think.
    Gigi- Feel free to pop in anytime darl, nice to meet you in a cyber kinda way.....lol
    Melster- How are you going darl, hope that dreaded witch AF stays well away from you darl I really really do, I have everything crossed for you.
    Dory- You are definately no sooky la la darl, I also don't like going out in the rain and try to avoid it like anything if I can. And I really must say a HUGE thank you to you cause after reading your last post darl, I am now more determined than ever to get this sorted out and find out what's going on with me and I want my short LP turned into a longer healthier one if it's at all possible.

clairesmummy....just explain the whole story like you have and that ur dr wont investigate...and if she doesnt just find one that does....you know ur body and what u have been through....there should be someone that can help. and its not like u have only been trying for a couple mths.....i thought they say that drs normally look into it when u have been trying twelve months or recurrent miscarriages....i hope this lady can help u....fingers crossed....

Atm......well no af yet...keep feeling wet so keep checking and nothing yet....went to the drs but didnt do test...just requested a blood test for a few things to see whats going on as i have been so so tired and no energy and getting him to check hormone levels....ill test tom or thur and see whats going on with my period...im not normally ever late but i think all this ttc and miscarriage has really shaken things for me....so it might also be a possibilty i have or have not o'd late due to stress......

They say stress can cause you to not o and not gety pregnant....id like to see them not be stressed after lossing a baby....

Hi All!

Sorry i havent been around much.. been feeling rather crap lately.. tired.. sick feeling.. but all worth it!!

Clairesmummy- All i can suggest is Maca, Vitamin B6 or Vitex. They all work wonders for ur LP phase! Pop into ur local health food store or naturpath. Ask ur dr too.. they might have something u can try.. they wont know anything about the things i have suggested tho.. most drs are anti-natural! And honestly u may as well get ur df tested.. theres no harm in checking.. u shld be able to just get the form from ur dr. Atleast if everything comes back fine then u know it is something u need to sort out.. whereas if ur dfs little swimmers arent too good theres heaps of things he can do too! My cycles were really messed up for months and months and i was always blaming myself.. but then we got dh tested and found out that even tho it wasnt exactly his fault we werent able to conceive since it was my body not doing the right thing for so long, that when my body was co-operating it wld have been really hard to fall pg since his little spermies werent the greatest. But yeah just a suggestion! Good luck!

Melster- Oh isnt limbo land awful! Did the dr suggest any reasons why u are so tired etc?? When do u find out bt results?? Stay away af!!!!!!!

Forshelby- Oh u poor thing with ur headaches i reckon do what Iona said and drink gatorade and lots of water.. try and drown them away. Does ur pee say that ur dehydrated most of the time?? (sorry if thats tmi!!) Otherwise get urself into a chiropractor.. i cant imagine feeling sick and tired PLUS have a headache too

Mum22- Where are u?????!!! I hope things are ok xxx

Kell- I understand completely how ur feeling.. i get to see baby again on monday and am absolutely freaking out that things wont be ok.. i hope this feeling eventually goes away as time goes on cos its awful! Im sure it will all be perfect tho.. especially since ur feeling so crappy still. Can ur dp go to ur appointment with u?? Hope so! Good luck xx

Loops- Ooooh wld it be a good thing if u were sneakily utd or not good since ur on bcp's and ivf just about to start?? Have u already had to pay for it?? Will this spotting affect ur ivf.. ike if it is af coming?? Hope not! My f are x for u for the upcoming weeks!

Glenglen- How are u feeling now?? Sorry to hear of more bleeding Did it completely stop after sunday?? When is ur scan..monday?? If it is not long to go now! Is ur dh going with u??

Anyway thats all from me.. sorry to everyone i have missed.. hi to the newbies!

Like i said earlier havent been feeling too good.. no vomiting but just yuck feeling and exhausted! Dh got home last nite from working at Airlie Beach and suprised me with a gorgeous big diamond ring! Its beautiful he said it was an anti-natal present! hahaha what the?!! funny boy.

Nite nite all xxx

Default RE: Short lutelal phase

Hello girls, sorry for sitting in the bushes, but I am shy
    I just wanted to write something to Clairesmummy because I know a bit about the LP. So here it goes:

The LP has to be at least 10 days long to support pregnancy. If it is shorter, then yes, it can cause an early miscarriage. If it is short it usually means that you have progesterone deficiency and you need progesterone to support pregnancy. I was reading your posts about 6 days LPs and I could not believe that no doctor wanted to check this yet. It is just not right.
    After my first miscarriage, my doctor checked for the LP defect, because it is the most straightforward thing they can check. She did an endometrial biopsy - to check for the thickness of it about 5 days past ovulation. If it is not thick enough, I think this is one of the indicators that progesterone may be lacking as it makes endometrium thicken. (Lucky for me, everything was fine.) It is very unpleasant test, as they did it with just local anestesia, I swear D&C is less pain.
    What they can do for it - I believe if you really have progesterone problems, they can give you progesterone supplements. It is best if your doctor prescribe them, since they will know what the dosage should be. I would certainly INSIST on the LP defect test. Good luck, I hope you get some answers.

Clairesmummy - I can't say more than Luna did.

Welcome Luna - it's ok to be shy and lurk.... hope you start to feel comfortable enough to post regularly soon.

Reet - I like your ANTI natal ring.... and I always feel like that in early bfp land.... and the anxiety does get better .. sort of.. I found it almost unbearable, overwhelming and all consuming in the early days... the things i worried about changed but for me real relief came after 24 weeks... but now it's back again. Thank goodness only 2 more sleeps, at most for me.

Melster - FX .... don't stress about the stress... I think it's more than feeling stressed/anxious about a bfp... I think it's more a long term & unrelenting stress issue.

Loops - oh oh not too long now...

Forshelby - people don't believe me when I say being a lady of leisure is much harder than it seems. They think I'm bonkers... it is very lonely and it takes a lot of inner fortitude to get through. There are going to be days when you get angry at the world for seemingly leaving you behind - don't they know how tough it is and don't they care, are some of the thoughts I have had. BB helped me no end. Maybe it is time to go and find something new you can do - either a hobby or project? Are there some friends that you can set up a regular date with? If I look back on my time it' hard to know what I did - rested a lot and spent a lot of time on BB but also just quiet time with the cats, watching tv, watching dvds, reading, and doing puzzles and cooking. There are times when I thought I would go mad from boredom. Sometimes I just hid away from the world and others I went out and took steps to manage my boredom. In all honesty - I enjoyed the time just to be with bubs and if it hadn't been forced on me, I doubt I would have done it. I will never have this time in my life again... it taught me to actually slow down.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast