Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ Dec 07/Jan 08

Hi Ladies,

I have been reading your posts for the last few months but have only had the courage to write for the 1st time today.

I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks quite a few years ago, that pregnancy wasnt planned and my DH and I decided to wait a few years before we tried again. We now have a 2 year old daughter and desperately want another baby. We tried for 15 months with no luck (I was charting my temps and using OPK's but each month AF reared her ugly head!!! I finally decided to take a break from TTC and see how we go. Wouldnt you know it I got my BFP the first month of not trying. We were totally stoked that it had finally happend. It felt like a big weight had been lifted off my shoulders that we didnt have to go through months and months of TTC and getting disappointed each time AF arrived.

I had terrible morning sickness but I took this as a good sign that my pregnancy was healthy. We went for our 12 week scan and to our devastation our bub had no heartbeat, I'd had previous scans at 7 and 9 weeks (coz of previous miscarriage) and everything seemed fine. They said our baby had died at 11 wks. I couldnt believe it had happened to me again. You miscarry once and you have so many people telling you that it wont happen again but sure enough it can.

I had to have a D & C and finally AF arrived again 12 weeks after (what a long wait that was). We decided to try again straight away and have now been trying for 6 months with no success!!!

I just wanted to say that I am so glad to be able to share my story with people who know what I have been through, none of my friends have been through this and they dont understand what it is like.

You ladies are an inspiration to me and I love reading your stories. I get excited everytime I read on here that someone finally got their BFP, it gives me hope and makes me belive that I too will get my long awaited BFP!!!

Sorry my story is so long.

hi Leigh , great to hear your story , sorry to hear of your loss, It has been 12 weeks since my D&C hope my AF arrives soon like yours did.

Hi Bettyboop,

Hopefully your AF will arrive soon. I'm sorry for your loss last year as well!! How long did AF take to arrive after your other losses?

I'm due to ovulate on the weekend but DH will be away so i am a bit upset and annoyed about that, we'll still BD as much as we can while he is home but I'm not confident it will happen this month. My DH has just started a new job a few months ago and works sooo many hours so we find it hard to make time to BD.

Default Leigh26

Leigh..... Welcome.... I wish no one ever had to welcome someone to this thread but thats the world we live in and thats the reality of it. So Welcome.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, my babies both went to heaven 2 weeks ago. That is the greatest fear. Getting BFP and miscarrying again. I know there are many of women in here who have and they continue on so I m sure that IF, which obviously we all wish it wasnt, but IF it does, then I know that everyone in here will be here to help me get through it just as they have this time.

So welcome to this thread and I your success is a fast one just as I wish that for everyone in here.

Hi Angel Babies,

Thank you for welcoming me.

I am so very, very sorry for your losses and I too hope that none of us have to go through this again. It is great though to have a thread like this where we can talk about our situations and know we have support.

Welcome Leigh, I hope your stay here is a short one and you get yourself up the duff asap.

..Laura

Thanks Laura, I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope your stay here is short as well.

Welcome Leigh I'm so sorry that you have had such a rough time, I hope you find comfort and support here. I do!

I reckon you should get jiggy with DH just before he goes away this wkend- sperm can stay active for up to 7 days, but the egg is only viable for 24 hours, Get the swimmers going on their journey and hopefully when the egg releases at the wkend it'll have a lovely welcoming committee already in place The best time to bd is just before, not at, ovulation.

Have fun ;-) Good Luck x And good Luck to everyone else getting jiggy too I can't boo hoo- damn af!

Ladies, I'm feeling much better than yesterday- managed to get hold of my boss (not literally) and get things straightened out. The interfering busy body has been put firmly back in her place. Ha ha, Sorry- but she is such a pain! No need for cake today xx

Default Nickster

Nickster..... I do love the way you put things..... my theory is whenever you get the chance to get jiggy with hubby if its not going to put a damper on dates then

Glad your better today..... but hey.... dont ever say there is no need for cake.... there is and will aways be a need for cake every single day. ALWAYS.... if not then we will just have to have some in preporation for when their might be a need

BettyBoop- ring them! we spend all our time 'waiting' (for af, o, DH, TWW, tests etc) that it makes sense to get things moving quickly if there is something we can do- like make a phone call. I'm sure they won't mind and it will set your mind at rest x

Trac- Wow, I'm 34 too but got married on 3rd August, not 25th.

Laura- you made a cake?! I'm so jealous! Don't you ladies start blaming me if you all get the munchies- blame it on cravings instead (regardless if we're pg or not!)

Tempus Morien- cyberchoc cake is THE BEST! No calories x Thanks

Have a great day all

Angel babies- wholeheartedly agree- we all need a pick-me-up.
    Have a good day, am off to do shopping (yuk)..and guess what? Will defo buy cake
    x

Welcome Leigh - sorry to hear about your little angel bubs - wishing you all the luck in the world!

Trac - temping is the best thing I have ever done since we've been ttc. Just buy a basal body temp thermometer & take your temp at the same time each day. It will tell you soooo much about your cycle - the most important thing is it will tell you when you ovulate so you can time bd (although I do see we have a new term in here) sorry shall I say you'll know the 'right' time to get jiggy with DH. It can also unlock a few things about your hormones (ie: if your lutel phase is too short). my ob/gyn recommended that I started to temp and it's the best thing we've ever done. After m/c # 1 we tried for 6 months, just bd'ing when we thought was the right time - I was starting to get really frustrated and bought a bbt therm. At first I thought the temp thing was a bit of an old wives tale but we fell pg second month temping. Highly recommend it.

I also bought a maybe baby - it's a little miscroscope (small can fit in your pocket) and you put saliva on it each morning. When you are about to ovulate it can create a ferning pattern. I didn't find maybe baby too helpful (plus it's about $60 to buy compared to about $12 for bbt th) but if you use in conjunction with bbt it's ok. I wouldn't invest in one just yet - see how you go with the bbt first.

You can also check your cervical mucous - it's mean to be like egg white when you are most fertile. I don't find this really works for me so I don't bother with this but you might want to google it or ask some of the other ladies.

The thing I like most is the bbt method, saves you a fortune in pg tests and thre absolute best thing is that 18 high temps after you ovulate is good indication you are pg. I don't know about you but that single lonely pink line is one of the most gutting sights in the world - I just couldn't keep doing it to myself each month.

Anyway I've babbled on heaps - hope everyone is well and doing their best for a BFP this month. I was most pleased to see af this morn (as last month we weren't allowed to try until got some post m/c results back) so this month is it - we're officially ttcing again. Don't ask me why I'm most excited because I'll be all down in the dumps if af appears in another 32 days. On the other hand - DH is most excited about the hectic bd schedule I have planned, he he he!

Good night

Default AJC

Congrats on AF..... I NEVER thought I would ever be in the position where I was sitting here.... probably a few weeks away from AF..... thinking about it and wishing she would come sooner. Life has just gone nuts. As with you I m waiting on post miscarriage AF. I have absolutley no idea when she will be here but I cant wait. wait.... wait.....wait.... wait..... Probably the most common word with IVF or TTC........ WAIT......

Just to give me some idea.... you give me some ideas please ladies how long each of you waited for your post M/C AF

Angel Babies- as you know I just got my first af yesterday, it's been 23 days since m/c, but apparently might not ovulate properly for a few more cycles, but other ladies take weeks, or even months to get af. I understand your Doctor can 'kick start' your cycle with medication (one called 'Provera') if you want to really get going. I hope this helps.

Laura- how did you go with your tests today? Hope you're not feeling too much like a pin cushion

xx
    Last edited by nicksterUK; January 17th, 2008 at 02:55 AM. Reason: changed a word

Hi Everyone. Well I think I may have AFed last week, but due to my cycle being all over the place it is impossible to be absolutely certain. So fingers crossed all is returning to some resemblance of a normal cycle. It is 6 weeks since the D&C - so I think I have done enough of the waiting game (as well as spot bleeding etc - aagh). My Ob said that if 2-3 months after the D&C I was still having spotting and no regular cycle I could have an ultrasound, but he did not mention any other options. He also reminded me that AF does not guarantee ovulation. So I have decided - end of Jan (with the clearance from my naturopath) we will start TTCing again.

Wishing you the best of luck Katiegirl x

i rang the hospital and told them how fast i needed a app, i said that i will be 41 next week and at this rate even is i do fall preg in the next 6 months i will be 42 when it is born, and that is alon as i dont have ashermans back, tick tock i wanted to have 2 children with my DH dont know if that will happed and she said she would try to get me in asap fingers crossed.sorry for going on , i just need my first AF after my D&C to be over , 12 weeks is to long to wait at my age.

HI everyone

I didn't end up needing to get any tests so that was alright.
    Doctor recommended waiting about 3 mths before trying again. Which is about the timeframe I was thinking anyways.
    Looks like we will be moving in the next week, so plenty to keep me occupied between now and then.

When I get back to Melbourne I am going to go to my usual gp and get her to run some tests on me make sure I am all good to start TTC in 3 mths.
    Having only just had m/c I am not expecting to get af for another few weeks anyways so it seems like everything is fitting in nicely at the moment.
    Except for the fact that I hate moving!!

Good Luck Betty, I hope they get you in asap!!
    ..Laura

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast