Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ February 08 #2

Hey Girls,
    All this talk of exercise and healthy eating has kicked my a$$ into gear, I'm off for a run in a few mins, so I will have to be quick.
    Just wanted to mention PbStar- Well done on the 1.2kg loss! It IS a significant amount and you should be proud! Sorry, but as you may have already gathered, I am the last person to offer advice on staying sane in the 2WW period! I did notice that I felt really relaxed when I went away for the weekend, but it is just not practical to go away for two weeks of every month!

Thanks, tempus, for your charting advice and sorry to hear about AF arriving. Good luk for this month, I really think that March is going to be a good one for us all.

As for me, well I was a bit silly. AF should be today (CD32), but then I realised that, according to ff, I will not be 14DPO until tomorrow. Added to this, I became very impatient and tested yesterday to get a BFN. Booo. Feeling quite optomistic, though, as (I have already said, once or twice) March is a good month! I have all sorts of plans to increase my chances next cycle. If AF is not here tomorrow, I will test again on Fri because I want to have a glass of wine on Fri night!
    Well, girlies, it IS Wednesday..... any BFP's, Katie and Tina???

Hi all- wow, am very excited about those of you POAS- hurry hurry hurry!!!

I am lurking, just not 'posting' at the mo- no particular reason (don't worry) just kind of 'waiting' and 'monitoring'. You lot don't want to hear all my woes (seriously- you DON'T!) even tho I know you're all so brilliant I just can't offload as it's all a bunch of twaddle really Lol I'm not leaving this thread and I'm not joining PAML yet.. not till I'm ready. I wanna stay here a bit longer

Tummy is protruding now, boobs have grown a bit (DH very excited) and felt sick tonight cooking dinner so symptoms are reassuring me a little. The '*****' at work snapped at my boss today while she was having a rant about me- she said 'is Nicki pregnant cos she seems quite pale and was really snappy with me?' (no that's just normal luv since I can't stand you!!) and my boss said 'How bloody insensitive considering what happened at Christmas' so that shut her up! I want to tell them all, but can't bring myself to do it yet (mind you, the belly will give it away soon!)

Big hugs and tonnes of for you all for BFP's very very soon
    Extra special hug Angel- you so know just the right thing to say- you're a real mate and I really, REALLY appreciate it xx (note the ticker! Not ready to do a pg one yet- bloody coward are'nt I? Bet I get to 9 months before I relax- actually, probably not even then ha ha!!)

Well I'll take my neurotic body and mind away for a long soak in the bath! Love n hugs all! Still got everything crossed for you xxx
    Last edited by nicksterUK; March 6th, 2008 at 06:26 AM. Reason: forgot my bracket again!

well, i knew it, for me...ugh, feel like this is never going to happen.
    I really hope that some of you other ladies who are POAS this week have some better news soon...

morning girls

well today marks the halfway mark in my TWW- yay! but knowing me i won't be waiting a whole week to test, i'll be lucky to get through the weekend....i guess you could say i am addicted to POAS...luckily this month i discovered the joy of the OPK so i got to POAS even more!!

to angel babies and the other girls getting motivated on the weight loss thing i wanted to recommend the biggest loser cookbook- i have been having some yummy recipes...last night was fish and chips and it was really yum, didn't taste healthy at all! and only 200 calories...

plus they even have a recipe for chocolate fudge cake...

tina- sorry to hear about the BFN- any chance it could be too early to pick up a positive?

hope everyone else is doing well

Hi all. Well I won't hold out any longer. I woke up at 5:30am and realised I was not going to get back to sleep, so I woke DH and told him that I was going to go and test. I did 2 tests - the brand I used yesterday (and on Tues when I got the negative) and a new one - Discover. Well.....the Discover came up straight away with a !!! The other one - Pregnosis came up with a slightly darker than yesterday but still faint positive. So I guess this is all pretty conclusive. I am happy, excited, stunned, shocked, nervous, scared....you name it! I don't think it has fully sunk in yet. My kinesiologist made me up a flower essence mix yesterday and she told me it will help with my fear (which is high). I am going to call the GP this morning and try make an appointment for tomorrow to get the BT to confirm. I also need to call my Ob to let him know. The appointment we have with him in 3 weeks will be at the 7 week mark so that will work well.

Tina - sorry to hear about the BFN - when is AF due? Until it arrives you are always in with a chance.

Thanks to everyone for sending me positive vibes and support. I am like Nickster - I think it will take a bit of nudging to move me to PAML! I want to work really hard on being positive though, as I want this pregnancy to be a successful 9 months.

Katiegirl- congrats! so happy for you, that is such fantastic news

Try your best to enjoy this pregnancy, sending you lots of

and some of these happy little men too!

Default its not over till its over!

Katiegirl: A huge CONGRATULATIONS!!! thats wonderful news!!!!fingers crossed for it to stick babe, you must be soo excited!

Thanks for all the words of enocuragement girls, i guess your right, its not over till AF shows her face! Im at CD 31 though, so im not sure what my cycle is doing at the moment...guess ill just wait and see

CONGRATULATIONS KATIEGIRL!!!

How fantastic for you!!!!!

Default Congrats

Katie GIrl.... Katie Girl..... Katie Girl.... HUGE HUGS FOR YOU.....

CONGRATULATIONS

One Big Fat Tummy Coming Your Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking mental note "discover" helps you to discover in a stronger way so your not guessing... ok... next 10 pack I buy its going to be "discover"

Hi to everyone else...... HUGE HUGS

Nickster.......tapping you on your shoulder to give you a mamoth hug..... I might not be on the same track as you YET but girl.... ohhh I understand. It is the thing that scares me the absolute most. While I m counting the days til BFP I know myself well enough to know that its going to be mentaly exhausting and damn hard. After what we have all been through.... we all know the possibilities.... we all know what 'could' happen. We just have to take ONE DAY AT A TIME! Ohhh and dont worry girlfriend.... when I get there .... you can hold my hand........ suggest you seek medical advice before agreeing to that one.....LOL

As for me well I m cycle day 10.... I know i must be close to "o" because I have the Chits with DH again..... OHHHH this pattern must stop if i m going to have any luck at TTC. I m also on day two of "get rid of that butt".... eating seeds, nuts and all sorts of crazy things.

Ohh well here s to a slimmer me..... just in time to add a big fat preggy tummy .

AF came with such a vengeance today! Been changing double pads every hour and a half since morning, and the clots were so big I had the awful suspicion it was a very early MC and not AF at all. So I POAS and got a BFN (to my profound relief). According to the internet, very heavy periods with big clots can be caused by severe stress which we definitely had this past month. So I'm redoubling my stress reduction techniques.

Katiegirl: Yayyy!!! Congratulations and I'll be praying for you.

Trac73: your temp should rise 24 hours after O and stay there until AF (14dpo) or preg. When did your temp first go up?

berecca623: awww, that story was so sweet!

nicksterUK: wouldn't it be better if you were just financially independent and not have to worry about some dumb boss?

tina_k: sorry...sending cyberhug

pbstar: I wonder if there's a 12-step program for POAS addicts like you...LOL

Default Not all Bosses are Bad

Quote Originally Posted by tempus moriendi View Post

nicksterUK: wouldn't it be better if you were just financially independent and not have to worry about some dumb boss?

Hey tempest.... not every boss is dumb..... there are some good ones.... I have many staff...... we are nt all that bad.

Ok... running off to cry now.... sniff... sniff...

Well I am glad to get on here and here some good news, congratulations Katiegirl

My GF is not good, only a matter of hours unfortunately. My parents are at the hospital now with him, just waiting for the phone call, arggh.

Oh Angel, your different of course, they must be talking about stupid middle age men bosses. Not all the fabulous ladies in their mid to late thirties who are now taking over the world! Hey, does everyone love Cashmere Mafia or what? Although they are perhaps a little too perfect, its lovely to see the world as it should be! Good luck with your diet!

Tempus - sorry about AF. It could be a missed MC, the night before my MC my hcg was only 7 (I knew it was going down) -so that wouldn't have shown up wit just a POAS. Just take care of yourself.

Tina K - still got my fingers crossed for you.

Pbstar - I just realised I'm soooo rude, I didn't even congratulate you about your weight loss before getting into my rant about not being too hard on youself and my exercise regime. Sometimes I'm just too dumb! Well done and keep up the good work, YOU go girl!

Canary - did you really go for a run at 5.30am!?! Go get em!

Kategirl - Congratulations - so happy for you!!!

Jodsan - :hugs:

Tina -

Berecca - I know how you feel with the 'one track mind' around O time. It's difficult to keep it exciting when you know you kind of have to 'tonight' because you want to conceive.

Tempus - hope AF settles down, goes away and stays away (well for 9 months -ish- anyway)!!!

Nickster - look forward to hear about your growing tummy. Take care and keep us informed in here.

Wow - this thread has gone from a cake shop to a gym - geez. I had a bit of nougat honey log tonight then felt guilty

Not sure if I have O'd yet or not. Temp says no but body says yes, I am starting to wonder if my bbt therm. has had it's day? How long do they usually last? I've used this one since May last year (almost everyday). ??? Oh well, time will tell.

Take Care all - for everyone!!!

hi girls

feeling slightly guilty this morning as i broke my no alcohol ban on myself last night, had a couple of yummy pina coladas with DH but now i feel really bad...keep thinking what if i am pregnant and i've done some kind of damage...

my rationale at the time was that i have to stop letting TTC rule my life but now i just feel bad...i think deep down i believe that i did cause my miscarriage by having a big binge drink a few days before i found out i was pregnant and i swore myself off alchohol because it might happen again...

anyway i probably am not preg so shouldn't worry...

hey jodsan, thanks for the encouragement hun, i never thought you were rude though! sorry to hear what you are going through on the family front, sending you a big i hope for your GF's sake it is pain free and peaceful...

tempus- if there is a 12 step program for POAS addicts i think i have conquered the first step- admitting i have a problem!good to hear it wasn't an early loss for you and wishing you all the best with your stress reduction...

hi to everyone else and big hugs.

Jodie, :hugs: So sorry to hear about your GF. I lost my wonderful GF almost a year ago and I did not know that it was possible to cry so much. I hope that you and your family have all of the care and support you need right now. one bit in your post did make me laugh, I didn't go running at 5.30am! I am in the UK, it was 6.30pm. There is no way I'd get up at that time of day, never mind go running then!

Katie- Yay! I just knew someone had to get a BFP this week. Many congratulations, have a H&H 9 months. (don't be a stranger)

Pbstar, No, no, no. With all of my heart, I do not belive that you were in any way to blame for your m/c and you must never believe that. Just think of all the alcoholic mothers who spend a whole 9 months completely pickled and give birth to a live infant, and then compare that to your one night. And, dont feel bad about the Pina Coladas. During the 'great coffee debate' , someone (?Angel) said that by depriving yourself of something that you want, you are making yourself more stressed. A couple of drinks once in a while (when not preggers) might actually do some good! There. Lecture over, appologies for being a bit stern.

AngelB- I didnt know you could get 10 packs of HPTs? It sounds as though you have an in-built contraceptive device, going off DH at the wrong time each month!

Nickster, Ha! I really dont like that nasty lady you work with, I'm glad your boss stuck up for you. It's nice to hear that you are feeling sick (IYKWIM)

Tina, Sorry for BFN. :hugs: Like you, I'm also waiting for AF now. Waiting for her is much less exciting that wating to POAS.
    Hope everyone is OK,
    C
    Last edited by Canary; March 7th, 2008 at 07:01 AM. Reason: I'm such a dope! Thought of you, but wrote wrong name Katie!

Hi everyone. Thanks for all your lovely messages and positive vibes. I am going to hang around here for a while, as I intend to have a few friends come over to the PAML thread with me! I am hoping to see the GP today - DH says he is not believing until fully confirmed - and yet he keeps smiling at me and this morning he woke up and started rubbing my belly.

Pbstar - please don't be hard on yourself for having those ****tails. I think it is really important to allow yourself some time out from TTC thoughts sometimes. When I had a huge night back in Jan for DH's birthday, I felt normal for the first time in a long time. We had started to TTC and I had considered not having any drinks, but in the end i did and I am glad as it allowed me to just be completely irresponsible. I think we all try so hard to be responsible all the time, that a little bit of irresponsibility is not a bad thing. You need to be kinder to yourself. And you DID NOT cause your mc!

Tina - I think you should test again in a day or so. I tested Tues afternoon and got a negative. I think my urine was too weak as I had been drinking a lot of water etc. If AF is still not on the way then you are still in with a chance.

Default Canary

Hey girl... your not out yet.... Until AF arrives your still a possible......... so now its a 2 and a bit week wait... thats all good.... until she raises her ugly head.... look at nickster... she thought she was out and now she has a huge fat tummy growin and at any stage now she will start the pukin.....LOL ... ohhh why isnt there a smiley for ms....LOL

Well today my alarm went off at 5.30.... ohhhhh I so wanted to push snooze. DH was lying there peacefully....... probably when I love him the most at the moment ("o" is on its way).... anyway up I got and off to the gym.... 10 mins treadmill... 10 mins step thing... 5 mins rowing... OMG I was sweatin it up something cronic by the time I was finished... Ohh I also did "body balance" last night and walked out half way through... what a waist of time that was... I swear the instructer must have been as high as a kite... maybe if he shared some of the people in there could have been a bit more into it. But as for food... I just cant do it. I ve cut out all the junk.... I m eating everything I m meant to be eating but I just cant get it up to the 2000 calaries a day I m meant to have. Healthy stuff just dont have the calories

Well I m off....... time to wake DH and get ready for work.

Take care... and Canary... I want POAS every day off you until you get the BFP or AF arrives.... one of the other ok!......LOL

I had an FSH and estrogen today and the results came back normal. But I still think my progesterone is off. I'll find out next week when I get another bloodwork.

Angel Babies: well OBVIOUSLY not YOU. I meant those *other* dumb bosses!!!
    so please don't cry...sending apology vibes and a big bunch of cyber flower.

Jodsan: keeping your GF in my prayers. keep us posted.

AJC: i've used the same Becton ****enson BBT since 2003, both to TTA and TTC...

pbstar: i hate to see you eating yourself up with guilt. Just remember all those party girls out in Hollywood drinking and stuff and still have healthy babies. Not that I recommend it, but you know what I'm driving at.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast