Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ February 08

Default TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ February 08

Welcome to TTC after Miscarriage or Loss for those of you who have just joined us. We hope your TTC journey is quick and successful. We are sure you will find much loving support from the other women on this challenging journey.

If you have any concerns regarding anything within this thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails/ PM's are treated equally & confidentially):-

Niliac
    MistyFying and
    Flowerchild

Email addresses can be found here.

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Conception Articles.

The previous thread is here.

Default Accupuncture

I have so got to fill you all in on this appointment I just had. Got to go now because we are celebrating Chinese New Year which is tonight... but i ll be back when I get home

Hi Girls,

This is my first time on the site, I am a newbie! Can someone please help me with all these abbreviations?? AF, HPT, DF????

Anyway I had a miscarriage on Nov 25 2007 at approx 6 weeks and have been TTC since then. Xmas Day sucked as I got my period, as did my birthday! The hardest part however was not even 2 weeks after my miscarriage my best friend tells me she is pregnant. Although I am VERY EXCITED for her it upsets me as we had always joked around that we would be pregnant together. I know this can still happen but I just would have liked to already still be pregnant (as I am sure you all know what I mean!)

This month we bought a ovulation test kit and now are starting our 2 week wait. It's hell to go through but I feel better knowing there are people here who know exactly how I feel! Will keep you all posted!

Don't worry about the abbreviations, I finally found a post that explained it all!

hi berecca! welcome to belly belly!
    so sorry for your loss, all of here have been thru it and sadly know all too well what you are going thru.
    glad you found the abbrev thread, I had no idea about any of it when I first came on here.
    it can be so hard when it seems like everyone around you is pg or has babies, I am still trying to cope with that, not fun.
    i am going to try opks this month too! good luck ttc, we will get there!

hello everyone else, sorry no personals atm, just finished work, and have to go to bed, gotta be in town for stupid induction training for work tomorrow morning- early!
    got some earlt bding in, I would so love to conceive a girl.
    good luck to all.
    xxxx

Default New Natrapathy person...LOL

berecca623.. WELCOME.... WELCOME..... WELCOME..... I m glad you have found us but wish you didnt have to. Sorry for your loss, but welcome.

Goodness its going to feel like quiting cold turkey..... 3 days without catching up. I take my lap top to all meetings but this motel doesnt have internet....

I m a bit ummmm chirpy at the moment. I went to see this new lady for accupunture. I kept reading on here, on another thread, that there are a lot of people who swear by accupunture. So there just happened to be one that DH had been to before, next to our hair dressers so last week when we got our hair cuts we went next door and booked an appointment for both of us. Well today was the day. We both went in there, started chatting to her. It turns out she is a qualified midwife who now specializes in Chinese remidies.... herbs and all that. Balanced chee.... etc etc. Anyway she picked me straight away. worked me out and found various internal issues which she addressed straight away. She also knew the FS when i had an IVF cycle..... He s a amaizing brain but a (insert really bad swear word here) doctor. .... Anyway. we talked about everything from a health point of view I was given a pressure point massage and then the NEEDLES...... now you all know me now and know that NEEDLES... ahhhhhhhh I HATE THEM. But I layed there and in they all went into my back. We talked about everything from Coffee to salads everything was a holeistic approach. Mental attitude being one of the most important. As she explained it. If you are eating salad constantly and you go to make another salad and you just feel inside yourself.... another salad.... wish i could have a KFC hit...... She said... go and have the KFC hit. It will be now worse for you than having the salad and feeling really down about having another salad. Then the magic words for me. Have tea whenever I can. But if i go to have a tea but sooooo badly wish it was coffee... just have the coffee, mentally it is better than the constant down feeling about not being able to have what you really like OCASSIONALLY. We talked about cycles etc and she told me that there are only really 2 times that I need to have accupunture. Once when I m "o" and then again 7 or 8 days later.... for the possibility of it sticking. I am now on herbs....more..... when i get the accupunture next week I swap herbs..... there are different ones for different times in a cycle. Ohhhh and the great news...... I M NOT OLD. One thing my FS really belted me about was my age...... I m 38 and he made me feel like i was trying to have a baby at 60. Apparently the age issue varies depending on whether it is your first child or not. Apparently age is only a tiny issue at 38 if you havent had any children. I told her that this next baby would be child number 5. Two that survived and 2 that did not. Anyway because of the first 2 i m not classed as that old because I have been full term twice. Yeah i know i m pretty much all over the place with this post..... I m remembering more as I go along......LOL... and I m a bit chirpy.... must be the balanced chee

Anyway after it was all done I got up and knew I had found the right person. When I saw the FS the first time... I knew he was the wrong person for us but I was scared and unsure about everything. When i saw another natruapath again I was unsure so I decided she wasnt for us. I then tried distance with online..... But again it didnt feel right.... This one does. I feel good about her and I feel that this is all going to work.

Your probably reading this thinking.... goodness did AngelBabies smoke some of those herbs and if so what are they and why isnt she sharing.......

ohhh one quick thing..... there is a theory i thought I would share with you. The health of your baby depend on the health of the sperm and the health of the egg at time of conception. So if the mothers or fathers health is low... Including the mental health... ie positive instead of stressed... if it is low then it effects the babies health. This theory pushes for a positive frame of mind and good health at conception. Now if i look at that, then dh sperm were still unhealthy at time of our last conception because they live for 72 days and 72 days before conception.... well unhealty lifestyle for us both was the norm.

Well I ve dribbled on enough .... thats me done for today..... I ll catch up with your all again in 3 days.....

PS at this rate I should be "o" around valentines day.... Ohhh and the other thought is that if you bd before "o" then there is a higher chance of a girl. Ohhh goodness i m just full of "theorys" tonight arent i.... OK going now

Did I say AF is here with a vengeance???? Well, lets see...
    Last night I bled so heavy in my sleep that I had to change the sheet this morning (yes, it soaked through pad, underwear and towel on the bed). this had better be one HECK of a cleaning out of my system!

Angel Babies: So glad you're feeling "chirpy". I've never heard of men taking their bbt. What is a man's chart supposed to look like and does their sperm production vary in a predictable way over time? I think this is facinating. BTW, I'm 3 years older than my hubby, too.
    Happy Chinese New Year and good luck with your trip.

ll80: too bad about your car trouble. take your iron pills!

berecca623: so sorry for your loss and welcome here. I'll keep you in my prayers (maybe you'll see a BFP!). It's doubly hard for you with your friend being pregnant, but you sound like you have a good attitude.

Berrecca and Amanda-so sorry for your losses, you've found the right place for TLC and some venting if you need it. The ladies here are amazing! Good luck with your journey, hope it is a short one.

Angel Babies- Good luck with everything- sounds like an eventful (and very healthy) few weeks ahead of you! So lovely to hear you being so chirpy Have a good trip!

Tempus- Hope af has eased up, and that everything is springcleaned for TTC

Laura- take your iron- don't be gettin' all down now! Remember that move would have taken a lot out of you, look after yourself x

Well, I've had a good week at work so far- the interfering old busy body who wants my job did a MAJOR faux pas!! Haha am so gleeful as she got rollicked by the hesdteacher and has to grovel to three departments (including mine!!) teehee...
    Also, we have a teacher training day on Friday and although I'm running one of the workshops it's actually a good (fun) day. And we always go to the pub afterwards- a few drinks and a game of pool or two (I'm a demon!) to end the half-term. (Yay, a week off). DH and I will be doing some decorating next week-much more preferable to planning lessons or marking bleurgh!! Plenty of time to sleep in and get jiggy ( at any time of day!)
    Not feeling too hopeful about this TWW- still no symptoms although DH says it's way too early.

Afternoon ladies...well I got myself all excited on Saturday night I wiped and saw pink...nothing else and again on Sunday night. Yesterday I had some pain (it actually got pretty bad) I thought for sure AF was coming...nothing not a drop. Today I am almost doubled over from pain and pressure, but no AF, so I call Doctor he has prescribed me 10 days of Provera. Has anyone taken it and how do you feel about it?

Unhappy

I am new to this thread and I just need to vent a bit. I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago at 5 weeks and last night my mother in law who I don't really get on with rings up all excited because my husbands cousin is having twins. That just made me feel bad because I wasn't really happy for her. It also doesn't help that we decided to start trying again straight away and I am in that part of the cycle where it is am I or aren't I. Was that an implantation dip or just a drop in temperature because the night was cooler. I hate this process.

Hi, it's been a while since i posted but i just need to vent with people who understand. One of my clients (i'm a day carer), informed me yesterday that she's about 7 weeks pregnant, she has a 7yo, 5yo and 8mth old, dad has six children to two different women and is also dad to the 8mth old. No, that's not the problem, it makes me feel annoyed that I know that she didn't really want to be pregnant just now, was thinking of making the 8mth old the last one, even said next year would be better. So i spent most of yesterday and last night feeling sorry for myself, annoyed that she has fallen pg so easily, and I have such a hard time falling pg, probably hormonal, AF is due tomorrow. DH understands how i feel, but is not a lot of support

Hi girls, I haven't been on here for a few weeks - just wanted to pop in and
    Congratulate Kerry & Sami on their BFP's!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Great to see some positive news in here

Hi Girls,
    Wow, I only missed a day or two and there have been so many changes, even a new link to this thread!

Berecca, Amanda and Hopingsoon, it is nice to meet you all. I hope that you each have a short stay here. Also Hi MissBelinda, I dont think that I have met you before.
    Berecca, Mollycat and Hoping soon, I soooo know what you mean about the friend/ relative/ client/ random- woman- I've -never- met announcing their pregnancy. It is just horrible to be reminded in this way. I find myself actually disliking pregnant wome in the street, JUST because they are pregnant, but then have to have a reality check and remind myself that that might be me one day...

Hopingsoon, MILs (Mother in laws) can be a total pain. Before I was pg last time, my MIL kept harping on about when we were going to have kids. At least now she wont bug us about it anymore. Did your in laws know of your pregnancy?

BettyB- Good luck for the 14th. I will be thinking of you (albeit at the wrong time, 'cos I am in the Uk and will be asleep when you go for your appt.)

AngelB- Calm down girl!!!! I read your last thread at top speed, because that's how I imagined you would say it!! - Only joking, it is really cool to see you so upbeat and I really pleased that you have found someone right for you and DH. I like the idea of being happy/ not stressed at the time of coonception and not being too strict with diets etc. (pass the chocolate) I would offer to bake, but if you ever tasted my baking, you'd beg me not to!

Laura, did you mention that you have hypothyroid? Is that why you are tired? Sorry if I got it wrong, I might have mixed you up with someone else.

As for AF, she is still with me, along with her friends aunt crampy and uncle back pain. I have run out of tampons now, I keep forgetting to buy them after getting out of the habit for a few months.
    Smilinatu- I had a similar thing b4 AF came this time. Cramps, spotting... Don't worry she is on her way!
    Tempus, i hope that AF calms down a bit soon, she sounds a bit of a nightmare.

I went to the theatre last night and had a great time. Also had 2 glasses of red wine (yum). Measured my temp this morning and have dropped my temp by .2 degrees compared to yesterday. (actually fell asleep again with the thermometer in my mouth, lucky it isnt mercury!) The rest of my exciting week will be haircut tomorrow (cant wait) and then a comedy evening at a friends' local community centre and then a visit from an old friend at the weekend. Phew! Hardly any time to go to work!

oops, I have waffled on laods today. Didnt mean to, sorry.
    I nearly forgot to say good luck to the girls on their 2ww, Nickster and Hopingsoon and anyone else???
    Right, I really will go now.
    Byeee!

Smilinatu - when I was pg I had awful pains and the doc told me that it was implantation as I never get AF pain. Perhaps this is happening for you too??

Hopingsoon - I totally understand about MIL's being mega cows, my one is the same! Some people are so self-obsessed that they don't think before they talk and don't even consider how much they may be hurting your feelings when they tell you about a pregnancy soon after you m/c. My best friend was really hesitant but had to tell me, I would have been upset if she didn't. However Xmas day when AF arrived I had a mini breakdown, could not handle the fact. That and of course the sight of the blood brought back what had happened a month earlier. It was my sister that really took the cake for nasty comments. When I told her why I was upset her reply was "You get your period every month so you better get used to it!" *****!! She's younger, fell in the first month she tried and is so self absorbed that she doesn't think anything is bad unless it is happening to her. If it has happened to her she just thinks that if she got through it everyone else should just shut up and put up (even if she was the worlds biggest whinger / sook / whatever when it was happening!) Geez that vent felt good!!!!

Hopingsoon - I read somewhere that the next couple of months after m/c the OPK's and BBT methods, as well as the Billings Method, basically don't work as your hormones can be a tad screwed up. For me this was very true, I had o cm 3 times in the first and secomd months after m/c!

Canary - I am also entering my TWW, I was O on Monday, or so the OPK tells me! I'm not sure if I should test a couple of days earlier or if I should wait to see if AF appears or not. I am really regular, O'd on day 14, so who knows what I should do????

Welcome newbies, hope your stay here is a short one and has a happy ending.

Wow - so hard to keep up in here. Our home computer got zapped so am restricted to my work one for the time being so therefore don't get much time.

Am in the tww now - first 3 days was awful but now I know that whatever will be will be. Ob said if I'm not pg by easter he would recommend that I try clomid to give my hormones a good kick into gear. He's a very good doctor so i trust that he will recommend the right thing for me.

No real pg symptoms yet, boobs feel slightly more tender but they usually do after O anyway so trying not to read into that one. Also though I had that funny metallic taste too but again trying not to read into things (probably too early yet anyway). Felt a little upset in my tummy around O time which I got last time I fel pg - again I am probably just reading into things. just trying to eat and exercise well and focus on our holiday next month

I can relate to the comments about finding out other people are pregnant - although you are really happy for them you can't help but feel so empty yourself. It's just not fair!

Hi all,
    Canary -- I only suspect I may have it because of some tests I had when I first found out I was pg, I may not but would explain alot about my health, I need to go and see my doctor, but will have to wait a few weeks until we get a new car.

Oh and to everyone else, I am taking my iron pills, I good girl I am, even remember to take them twice a day, just don't feel like they are doing anything, I've also been trying to eat alot of meat and pate, my dad reckons he is going to cook me up some livers, yuukkkkkk, but i'll swallow without tasting if it will make me feel better.

Angel B- so good that you found a good acupuncturist -- I hope that it works for you.

Welcome berecca623 I hope that your TTC journey is a short one.

mollycat I know how you feel. Just gets you a bit down when you hear things like that.

Well I am feeling like I might get AF soon today, bit of a low down heavy feeling like a usually get when af is on her way.
    I do hope it's not as bad as you though tempus, I really hate it when you have to change the sheets.

Good luck to everyone on the TWW. Fingers crossed for you all, but not legs

..Laura

Hi all. I have been away with work the last couple of days, and I have missed so much! Welcome and hello to the new people - Berecca, Amanda and Hopingsoon. I hope you find support and comfort amongst this thread, I know I have.

I had a meeting yesterday and saw all my work colleagues for the first time since we lost Nathaniel (I work in Melbourne on my own). I was a bit worried about it, but thankfully no one really said anthing and when they did it was all very nice.

AF is definitely gone - so will now see what happens. Fingers crossed I actually am back on track with my cycle.

And as for pregnant women - DH just told me a colleague announced to him today that she is preg - so another one to add to the list. Pregnant women are popping out of the woodwork or so it seems.

Everyone sounds like they are doing well at the moment. Good luck to those in the 2WW.
    Last edited by Katiegirl; February 7th, 2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added more

First welcome to the newbies, AManda, berecca, and hopingsoon. I am so sorry that you have to be here.

Angel - I gotta tell you that you always make me laugh. I am glad that accupuncture went so well. I was thinking about the good vibes thing and think you are so right. I am turning over a new leaf and am going to try to be positive.

TM - Sorry about AF. hope she leaves soon.

Nickster - Yeah for the busy body messing up. well that sounded terrible, but oh well. Think good thoughts. No AF, No AF, No AF

Smilan - hope you feel better

hoping soon - I agree whole heartedly. this process stinks!!!

Molly - I am so sorry about your client. I work with kids (in special ed) and also run into the parent who unexpectantly had a child and doesn't appreciate it. It always gets me.

Canary - I hate uncle back pain. he has reared his ugly head a lot since my m/c. doesn't he know when he is not wanted. also buying tampons does stink.

ll80 - hope you are feeling better. is there iron in chocolate cake? wouldn't that be great.

Katie - I am glad your meeting went ok.

hope everyone I missed is doing well.

I got all my test results back and we are all good. I can't believe how many times I have been poked and prodded in the past 2-3 months. But no more tests. we officially have no answers (which isn't necessarily bad just frustrating.) I will be O'ing soon so DH is in for some bding.

Barbara

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast