Thread: Article in Sydney's child ~Albert~ baby loss

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Default Article in Sydney's child ~Albert~ baby loss

Sydney's Child Feb 2007 has a lovely ( ) article called happy birthday Albert ... honouring the memory of an unborn son [in contents] (though he was born ! - wonder ? who wrote that bit ) by Rosemary McKnight

It is a beautiful well written story of ~Albert~ who passed away inutero - no reasons @32wks gestation (12 years ago too )

It is poignant and heartbreaking but touching and so true .I felt all the feelings the author discusses and the reactions I hope many people read it and don't skip over the page.

I wonder if other states - run similar stories in their .... 'CHild magazines.

the whole story I can't type but one of my favourite quotes

in regards to TTC again and other children.

to understand that one year makes no difference to a mother and that no amount of time ever will.To understand that no matter how many other children she has she will always remember that one,sometimes with smiles and sometimes with tears
    Happy 12th Birthday Albert RIP

Trish, I will pick up a copy of Melbourne's Child today if I can and see if we have the same article.

thanks Mel - will be interesting to see if they run the same articles.

Thanks Trish for letting us know about this. I will have a look for the mag next time I am out.

Hi,

Just picked up a copy of Melbourne's Child yesterday and they do have this story. It is in the February edition.

It's a beautifully written story but very painful to read. I'm sure some ladies here who have been through this experience could identify with the author's feelings.

Hi Trish,

Do you just get the mag from a newsagent. I went today but I couldn't see it. Is it called Child or Sydney Child? I looked for both but I don't think they had it in stock.

Hope you and the boys are well.

Thanks
    Lynn

I read it and cried for ages, it was so beautifully written. Did you raed the one about the foster mother who admits to not loving her adopted son like her biological children? I found that very emotional too.

it is free usually from library etc - Sydney's Child - I might be able to send you a copy
    yes that story make me think too ! she was very honest.

Thanks Trish I have sourced a copy.