Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Late Loss and Recurrent M/C Friendship and Support Group - SYDNEY

Default Late Loss and Recurrent M/C Friendship and Support Group - SYDNEY

Hi to all you wonderful women

A few of us wanted to start a monthly Friendship and Support Group. So far Lynn and Dream are interested so I wanted to post a new thread just in case there was anyone else out there.

At this stage it looks like it will be in the first week or two of February, but the details are still up in the air. Basically we just want to get a list of names so that we can name a time and place that suits everyone.

This group is about supporting eachother and meeting face to face all the wonderful women on BB who have helped us out of our dark hours. It is a place where you can feel safe to laugh, cry, talk about your angels or just be friends and chat. We will make sure that the catch ups are not on important days such as an anniversary so please let me know if you are interested.

For women in other States/Territories, perhaps you could organise a similar thing in your States/Territories.

I think this is a great chance to further enhance the wonderful support and friendships that BB has helped create.

With love and friendship
    Spring Angel

Hey Spring, count me in. Let me know what info you need and I'ss send it on

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

It is a great idea and I wish you well.

I already go to one basically 95% or more us are late loss & a few recurrent m/c.It is held monthly at Nepean Hosp -2nd Friday of the month .

We also meet up socially with our husbands and DP and some of them come too. Now quite a few of us have gone on to have subsquent pregnancies and supported each other through those. Even those that have not we have become very close friends. Sadly every month we have new members.

I also met up less frequently with my friends from Teddyloveclub as they are more spread apart .

Last week three of us who lost our babies late in pregnancy but met later on BB also met up and it was a very special day.

The biggest problem is finding a venue - private enough to shed tears and share stories without fear.

Well considering that I only moved to Sydney two weeks ago, I am happy to go anywhere that is suggested. I was thinking perhaps for our first catch up we could go to a cafe. I understand that it might be difficult because no doubt we will end up in tears so what about each brining a plate a having a picnic at a nice park?

Just an idea, I make a mean brownie.

Let me know.

Luv Spring

Tops idea Spring. I guess we just need to work out where everyone lives and then find somewhere central. A park is a good idea so we can cry, laugh, whatever we need to do

Spring, you and I are northwest and Nat is south. Not sure where you are Bailey but perhaps we could meet at Bicentennial Park at Homebush. That seems central and is quite nice. Any thoughts?

Julieruth, I posted a message to you in my thread - My sleeping angel but I haven't heard from you yet. I was hoping that you could explain your message that you left in this thread. If you could come back to me ASAP that would be great.

Hey guys, I am eastern suburbs, but only about half an hour train ride to homebush so thats fine with me....i think a park is a better idea than a cafe. Can you imagine all us crazy ladies sitting in a cafe bawling I think we would scare all the other patrons away. :eek:

Hey guys, I am eastern suburbs, but only about half an hour train ride to homebush so thats fine with me....i think a park is a better idea than a cafe. Can you imagine all us crazy ladies sitting in a cafe bawling I think we would scare all the other patrons away. :eek:
    PS - I luuurve brownies!

ooops! Sorry, somehow I posted that twice......dont know how??

Great suggestion Lynn, sounds like Homebush is the place. We can organise the finer details soon. Best off we make a date first, how does Sunday 11 Feb sound? That is two weeks today? If that is not a good day for anyone (for any reason) then I have no problems moving it. That is just before my first scan so I will be in freakout mode but I know that I can be myself with all of you. I think you are right girls, the other patrons may get a little concerned if there is a table full of crying women and think the cake is really bad (lol)

I'll bring the brownies, something (non alcoholic to drink) and a picnic rug. I have a great picnic basket that I got for Christmas so I'll bring that also (that is once I find which box it is in)....

Well it seems like we are getting there with the details. It will be a Bicentenntial Park, Homebush on a date to be confirmed.

So far the roll call is

Lynn
    Bailey
    Julieruth
    Baby-amore (not sure if you're in hun but we would love you to join us if you can)
    Me

:frown: 11th I can't do. My son's birthday party, but if everyone else wants to do it that day, I will sit this one out and come to the next one, just make sure you supply me with a copy of the minutes!

Bailey - There is no way I am going to miss meeting with you. How about the following weekend. Either Saturday 17 or Sunday 18 but only if you save us some B'day cake (lol)

I agree with Spring, Bailey you have to be there.

I'm free 17 or 18. What would you like me to bring?

Cool, it's so nice to feel wanted Sunday is better for me, cos starting feb 1st, i am going back to work and will be working saturdays. Oh, now I feel bad, I hope those days are OK with everyone else. His birthday cake might be a little gross by then, but i can make us our own one...this could turn into a real pigout huh?

Well it seems like Sunday 18th it is. Lynn, just bring whatever you like. It doesn't really look like we will be covering the 5 food groups so I am with Bailey, lets just eat whatever takes our fancy. Any sore tummys will be worth it.

Oh and Bailey I was only kidding about the cake, but if you're offering, I won't say no.

Ha ha, it'll start as a support group but we'll end up having to make it a weight watchers meeting if we're not careful Cupcakes! I'll do cupcakes. At least you can tell us all about your scan by then Spring.

Oooh I love cupcakes.

About the scans, I want this to be a support group so I will bring them with me but only show if I'm asked. I know how difficult it was for me seeing pregnant women so I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable but if you want to see them I'd love to show.

How many points do you reckon there would be in cup cakes and brownies? Off the scale I think (lol)

Sunday 18th is fine by me.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast