Thread: Bed rest for another month

chriscoop Guest

Default Bed rest for another month

Hi girls!!!!

How are you. I went to se the OB yesterday, and he said that I have to stay in bed for another 4 weeks. My cervix is still closed and will stay like that if I rest. I am still a bit bored, but it is for a good cause isn't it?

Hope you are all fine.
    Love
    Chris

stay sane Chris!!!

Just keeping thinking that for every day they are in you is 2 days less for special care.

I had my guys at 31 weeks, so would love to have kept them in a bit longer. My SIL had 4 weeks bedrest from 32 week and lasted till 36 weeks with the first set, and 37.5 weeks with the second set - so it does work!!

Good luck and keep us up to date!!!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Thinking of you Chris - hope the next 4 weeks passes quickly - are you at home ?

what are you allowed to get up and do ?

Do they normally advise bed rest for twins Odette or only in some cases ? :-k

do you know what you SIL was allowed to do or not do?

I am all for bedrest (toilet & BB privelges) if it means what you said Odette - 2 days less in NICU . Better inside than out

Hi Chris,

Boo Boo Boo on the bed rest situation (although it is for a good cause). I ust got out of hospital after contractions and bleeding started on Wednesday morning. Although I am not on bed rest I have been told by EVERYONE that I have to do absolutely nothing for the next 8 weeks. I must admit I am bored silly already!

All we can do is sit tight and realise that every day is a bonus!

Take care chooky

love Kel

Kel
    have your decided what sitting hobby you are taking up - goodluck and yes it is all for the best outcome.
    Don't forget to come and talk to us

Lucky I am crazy about scrapbooking so I think I will get stuck into the babies album and get it sorted early!!

Trish

my SIL had P/E so she just had to be monitored and CTG daily. She used to take off from the hospital all the time - she was a horror patient. She would tell them she was going to get some fresh air, and ring us to pick her up and take her out to go and get food she craved. So don't follow her example.

I think that the incident of bedrest is higher with twins as the chances of complications is higher.

Hang in there. We are soo blessed to have two babies at a time. It is hard work - but it is magic ( I can say that now that mine are 3 lolol)
    If they do come early, you know that you have done the right thing by following orders for bedrest. I was soo anal in my pg about what I put into my body, on my body and where I went, and my guys were still born early. But there is not a day that goes by that I feel that there is anything that I could have done differently to avoid having them prem.

thanks for that Odette

I cant stress how much resting is important. I worked 4 nights a week in a nursing home, lifting heavy patients until 32 weeks pg with my twins ( hey I was young and healthy right!!!???)

They were here at 33, and I had a bloody show and contractions at 32. In retrospect I wish I had of stopped work earlier and rested, a friend was pg with twins at the same time as me, and left work at 19 weeks, and rested heaps, ( bedrest for last 2 months) and her twins were born at 39 weeks weighing 8lb 7 and 7lb 11 !!!! Mine were 4lb 11 and 4lb 12

Vanita
    thanks for that advice - I have been reading a few different books and others mums' stories and it seems to a be the case. REST can make a different.

chriscoop Guest

Hi Girls,

I am now 32 weeks pregnant and still bedresting. It gets pretty boring sometimes. My SIL organised a Baby Shower for me last Saturday, and I had to lye down on the couch. It was really nice though.

My next appointment with my OB is on Thursday.

Kiss
    Chris

Chris - yay for almost 33 weeks !

Did you get lots of nice pressies at baby shower ?

can I ask why Dr put you on bedrest ?

Chris - how are you going ?

been thinking about you ? you are so close now !