Thread: Dont know how to ask this question....

Default Dont know how to ask this question....

Hi everyone,

well this is a hard question to ask. I mean to offend no one in my asking it but as none of my family or friends have had twins then I have no where else to go with it...

I would like to know how long mums of twins made love to their hubbies/partners during their twin pregnancy and whether or not you had any fears with this???

I love my hubby with all my heart and during my first pregnancy we enjoyed a healthy sex life during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. (first trim. I was too sick!!!)
    With this pregnancy I feel as though I am putting these babies at risk when we make love. Is that silly?? Do they recommend you not to???

Itsa hard one as now I am feeling well I'd like to but am just a bit anxious.

If you dont wish to reply thats fine but I'm just wondering....

Love Kel

No prob, we made love pretty much right up to d day. I was on a promise ( had been a few days ) when we had a show, and they did an internal and my cervix was fully effaced and things were happening. They recomended ew not have sex from then as I wasnt even 33 weeks. I managed to hold on for another 3 days!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I have had some very scant amount of bleeding and I (we) already decided not to have intercourse this time round - I read too many people say how that DTD caused bleeding (in single pregnancy) and I didn't want this additional worry.

Then after s/a bleeding one DR I saw said not too have 'sex'- but not my OB. Have not see him yet to ask

In 1st pregnancy we made love often but I was always worried IYKWIM and to be honest later on it got more awkward after 20 weeks.Afterwards (Sorry TMI) I could feel my uterus contracting and go rock hard - it use to scare me that it was hurting my baby or I go into labour.

With twins at 20 wks -you are same size almost as 28wks and 28wks same size as fullterm. My Dh & I will look for other ways to maintain love, intimacy and cuddles - he wants these babies as much as me and is happy with the situation. I would like to but I am just so scared. I think 6 months is worth waiting.

So many books say when mentioning twins and sex - to have or not to ?- ask your OB & Midwife - and definately no if you have high risk pregnancy / previous bleeding or risk of premature labour.

I definately feel a lot different this time. I had a small amount of bleeding after intercourse at about 10 weeks. We didnt even know then that these were twins.

I think that my DH is very understanding and wouldnt expect me to do anything I didnt want to do. I think they need to respect our feelings and luckily most men do.

Love Kel

chriscoop Guest

Hi Kel,

Last time we had intercourse I was 21weeks pregnant. And I had dark spotting the day after. I got so scared that we went to hospital to have it checked. When we were asked when was the last time we had intercourse and said "last night" the midwife said it was normal to have a litte bit of brown spottings. Now I am quite afraid to make love with my poor DH. We I try other ways to make him happy when we are in bed.

Hope it helps
    Chris

I must be the odd one out?
    We have had gaps in our sexlife over the pregnancy due to work and health reasons (both mine and my partners) however we have still been active until last week or so and I am currently 33 weeks...
    I am at the point of giving up only as I am huge and my partner has a bad back! if we could find a comfy position we probably wouldnt give it up altogether just minimise it unless the docs said otherwise!

If I was told not to or I felt unhappy about it then I would stop.. but so far we havent had to. However I think we have hit the extreme point of discomfort due to size etc..

just my experience...

chriscoop Guest

Hi Kaety,

The OB put me on bed rest. I didn't ask him about intercourse but I think it's not a good idea for us at the moment. I still have another 3 weeks of bed rest left.

I am interested but not going to - nothing for me is worth any risk and my twin book said some OB's advise if you are high risk - you abstain in last trimester because of premature labour risk.

It is longest I have gone without since we got married !

hi again,

As I think I said from now on its no go till after the C-section recovery! Sad but necessary for my bubs!

Nice to know not all women say no cos they dont want it though girls! Many of my friends abstain in pregnancy as its a perfect excuse not to have sex! I was starting to think I must be an odd one out to enjoy it!

Lol I know I would enjoy it too - Kaety - so sad some don't know what they are missing out on -though in AO only you would never hear this - some are just feral about it .

I had a really weird sexual dream the other night - my inner consciousness is telling me too. It is only a short time in the long run.