Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion - Twins or More #2

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

No news yet - everyone is on Tam watch

check the birth annoucements ladies \/

Hi Yvette - I am 39 too - my twins will hopefully be born right around or before my :gossip: birthday (about 37 weeks) -when were Asha & Lauren born ? wks

*Yvette* Guest

Wow, have been to birth announcements. How exciting.

Ah Trish, same age as me, woo hoo. I'll be turning 40 in March though My twins were born at 38 weeks 2 days, & I was incduced by ARM. If I had my time again I would wait to go into labour naturally as long as the bubs were ok. If you can't sleep one night & want some boring reading, there's a very long journal on my twins website, lol.

I am sure I read some of it before after they were born - it was a very precious story too.

I will go read it again - I love reading birth stories

Hi girls,

I just thought I would let you know that I have posted my birth story. It is in the birth announcements post rather than the birth stories post (I blame tiredness).

*Yvette* Guest

Just read it Clare, well done! Btw it's in with all the other birth stories now.

Clare I don't blame you for youe tired ness, I hope you are getting some sleep
    Best wishes Michelle

Can we get this thread going again ? it has been so quiet

Hi Trish,

I agree. We should try to get this going again. Its nice to chat to someone in the same position as you!

Love Kel

Kell = I saw your gorgeous website -your bubs are precious.

How does your back go ? My upper back has been aching - probbaly from leaning forward over computer

Hi Trish,

My back is fine. I do get a bit sore at night when I get up to go to the toilet. It takes a bit for it so get going!! But during the day its fine.

All in all I feel pretty good. I have enjoyed this pregnancy a lot more than I did the first time with DD. Thats why I have hated going into hospital with threatened prem. labour. I dont want it to end yet!

How big are you getting??? My tum is quite small for 28 plus weeks with twins. But pretty big if you have to carry it around!!!

Do you know what you are having yet?

Take Care
    Love Kel

Kel - :twinboy: for us -

My belly is average I think - haven't got many in real life to compare too though. Did you see Kellyw beautiful belly - how amazing is that.

As long as bubs are growing well I don't think it matters.

I get terrible calf cramps in middle of night if I move my legs a certain way - have to get out of bed to relieve it and then I can hardly stand up.

Trish,

I think KellyW belly is amazing! She is amazing! I cant imagine lasting that long, and I am so jealous that she hasnt got one stretch mark! I got heaps with my first so what hope have I got this time.

Congrats on your two boys. I wouls have liked two of the same sex but desperately wanted another girl and DH wanted a boy so I guess we both got looked after in that respect.
    I'll try to post some belly photos this week.

Take Care
    Love Kel

I only made it to 33 weeks with my twins, and was stretch mark city, LOL
    DH took a last belly photo before we left for hospital! They were 2110 and 2115 so good sizes. I am an "old" twins mum, so I am happy to answer any questions. ( I have identical twins girls who are 7)

Gee Vanita,

When you said you only made it to 33 weeks my heart skipped a beat. That is in a week and a half for me!!! I am getting pretty scared now. It seems so close. I hope that I can last until 36 weeks.

How much did your girls weigh in pounds and oz's??? How long were they in hospital for and were they ok when born???

Love Kel

They were 4 pound 11 ounces, and 4 pound 12 ounces. They had no breathing issues, they were in an isolette for 1 night, and then out in open cots, they had a bit of jaundice, but never went under lights. They didnt have 00000 around in the shops when they were born, so wore 0000 with the sleeves rolled up ( 00000 would have been fabulous) they couldnt suck, so were fed EBM through a little tube they put down their throat at every feed ( gavage fed) we had to watch their temperatures as they lost heat very quickly, so little beanies were a must, and blankets. They stayed in hospital 3 weeks, just putting on weight and learning to suck, They could have come home a little earlier if I bottle fed them, coz that was easier then BF, but I made them learn the hard way. It felt horrible at the time, but compared to so many others stories it wasnt too bad IYKWIM>

Vanita,

They were tiny!!! I cant imagine having to hamdle a baby that small let alone two. I am very excited to meet my babies. I still find it hard to believe that I am over thirty weeks and that they could come at any time. I have a few 00000 things but mostly 0000. I'll just have to make do with what they have. I intend on BF. I did with first DD and I loved it so hopefully I will manage with these two.
    3 weeks in hospital isnt so bad. I went into hospital at 27 wks with contractions and the thought of staying with them for 10-12 weeks was scary!
    I just cant wait though!!!

Love Kel

Kel - were the contractions painful ?

How are you now ?

Vanita - did you go into labour - they couldn't stop contractiosn or did waters break ?

I am getting lots of tightening - belly goes rock hard then relaxes again - especially since yesterday :-k

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast