Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #3

Hi you busy Mums!

Just wondering if in the early days of your pregnancies you found out what your HCG levels were?

My HCG levels at 6 wks were 15000 then 2 days later were 25000. I had an early scan at 6w 5d and my Ob saw two sacs. One he could see a bub and a h/b but he thought it may have just been too early to see the other. Too small, yet-maybe.

Thinking when I go back Monday there will still be just the one but would still like to know levels if anyone knows theirs please?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Congratulations on your pregnancy Hindonly

At 5wk6days I had 2 sacs but only one heartbeat ...a week or so later 2 heartbeats and now 29weeks with twins. They were both 6 day old embryos (IVF) and conceived at same time. 'Naturally' some women either ovulate twice (and even over a few days) or the sperm and 2nd egg meet later so keep your hopes up.

Maybe too early to tell if they are identical - it is normal for babies not to be exactly same -though even identical.

Later one baby was 5 days behind the other in size and has still been smaller throughout my pregnancy

I haven't got my HCG levels here ... I will post them tomorrow.

Goodluck and hope Monday goes well for you.

Kelly, I meant to say earlier this week that I hope all goes well with little Hayden's hernia! Give him a big hug from me. He will be fine I'm sure! How are the boys going/growing??

Hi Hindonly, I have no idea what my levels were!! Dummy!! But can I ask you a question before I say anything...Are you hoping it is two bubs or are you cool with just one??? I know some people think two is the kiss of death IYKWIM!!

Doctors today at 4pm so I will HOPEFULLY know what day I will deliver! I'm so excited!!

Love Kel
    Last edited by Misskel; May 17th, 2006 at 08:14 AM.

Hindonly -
    5 weeks 6 days 20814
    That was last HCG we did - DR said levels alone will not confirm twins

Miskel - goodluck with getting a date to meet your bubs.

Kel- I am hoping for just the one:-) But should there be another I'm sure I'll get my head around it!

Trish-thanks very much, Monday will soon be here: so we'll know then!
    If its is 2 I shall be back - lol.

Hi Hindonly, thats great that your honest. Twins is scary but yes, you will get used to the idea!!! I did!!! And today I find out when I will meet mine...oohh its so close I can almost feel it1

Good luck let us know how you go.

tiggy Guest

Kelly,
    GL with the op. Hope everything goes well.

Trish, I used Babyloves when the babies were tiny but now use huggies cos you can buy them in bulk. (I don't get out to the shops very often). I have lots of BL nappies for you but they are the next size up from NB. As for size, even in the NICU they used just the newborn size nappies. They came up under their arms but used them anyway.

When I had my first set of twins, I had every good intention of using cloth. It went out the window very quickly. We actually ended up using the cloth nappies for spew catchers as Immy had reflux. I take my hat off to anyone with twinnies who can do cloth nappies!

As for two bubs screaming at once. I usually put one in the hug a bub and carry the other over my shoulder. If you have patience and some earplugs, the pram rocking works too, it just takes longer for them to stop screaming. Do you find that they egg each other on? Mine do.

Tiff ... going to start stocking up ( they seem to say you need 100 plus a week :eek: ).

Miskel - how did you go ?

After the discussions on here I was talking to my DH about what 'U' can two screaming at once (when alone) and I think removing my hearing aid will of great advantage to me - of course I wouldn't leave them screaming I would carry them - walk them etc - I want to get a Hug a Bub, too .... lucky we have only one close neighbour at front and vacant land next door (14 blocks and a cul de sac for walking around in middle of the blocks.

I have found out why they have been screaming, I'm a bad horrible mum and need to be shot, check out my post in the b/f, bottle etc thread. Don't want to repeat myself and feel like **** anyhow.

tiggy Guest

Oh Jo,
    Have posted in the other thread but to you.
    Perhaps, they are going through another growth spurt.
    I'm here if you need to cry with someone.

Jo I went through the same thing, wantingto know why they were screaming. I understand

Well I have a date.... next Tuesday the 23rd of May!!!! Woohoo!!! Its still 5 sleeps away but I am at peace now. I am settled and will enjoy the last few days of my twin pregnancy! All was well, had another ultrasound, Jack is now head down too!!! They were so close together it looked so cute!!! I will be admitted at 7am and theatre starts at 8am so as soon as I can I will let you all know!!

YAY!!!! Kel, can hardly wait

Goodluck Kel - have you got someone lined up to post - we will all be eagerly awaiting news of your precious delivery

Thumbs up

goodluck for Tuesday Kel

Grosby Guest

Wow how exciting Kel, all the best and good luck

Kel - Can't wait to hear, sending you lots of good vibes.

Thank you guys.

Hi Everyone,

I will get one of the girls in the Due in June thread to post a birth announcement for me! That way you can all hear that day! I am so excited now its only 4 more sleeps!!!

Love Kel

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast