Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #3

Triplets????? Really????

Hi, DH and I were only told that we were having twins at our first ultrasound at 19 weeks. We had asked the midwife and doctor earlier in the pg, but they just said that as I have had 2 previous single babies, my body had just filled out and not too worry about it. Boy was she wrong!
    After being in shock, we now love the thought of twins, even though whenever they are born, it will mean 4 kidlets under 4!
    I hope you don't mind if I ask lots of questions as we don't know anybody who has had twins, so we don't really know what to expect.

Well done KarlaO. Yay more twins!!!!

Ask away any q's you like. My twins (boy/girl) are now 5 months old. We are travelling really well now. Do you know what you are having????

Welcome, I am an "old " twins mum, my identical girls are 7 1/2 Ask away, you will find a myriad of experiences here.

tiggy Guest

WELCOME KarlaO!
    Congratulations!
    I am an old and a new twins mum, my first set turned 10 today! and my babies are 6 months!
    Looking forward to getting to know you

Thanks everybody!
    Well for starters, did you have natural or cs births, and did you decide to breast or bottle feed, and if breast feeding after a cs, did you have much trouble?
    Sorry about the questions, but I really don't know much yet!

KarlaO got for it.

Well we were all set for natural - got to 9cm but then one of the twins went into ditress and I started to develop severe pre eclampsia so we ended up with an emerg c/s. Much to my disappointment as I went into natural labour and the whole pgwas actually great!!!

I decided to breastfeed and found it fine after the c/s. We only managed to breastfeed however until the babes were 3.5 mths as they were not sucking properly and had started to lose weight. They out this down to them being premmie and my great milk supply, that when the milk started to adjust at 6 weeks, the babes did not want to suck as it had flowed prior to this. We perservered for a while longer,but they arenow on the bottle and have just started rice ceral.

Thanks Tam,
    How many weeks were you? And was it a spontaneous labour or induced? (Sorry if it's too personal).

I was 36 weeks and it was spontaneous, sprung a leak...lol

Tam,
    I checked out your website again, I cant believe how quickly Declan & Rylee are growing, they are so gorgeous!!!!!

Thanks - your 2 aren't too bad either!!!!

Hee hee...... They are growing so quickly, I bet your amazed every day by them...
    I know I get home from work & just play with the girls, until DH serves dinner... hee hee I am just so in love with them & the things Maddy says does & Indah getting into everything!!

They are precious joys hey!! Enjoy them while they are small they grow so quickly!!!

all the best matey!!!!

I was 33 weeks 3 days and sprung a leak, they were born vaginally, after 2 1/2 hrs weighing 2110 and 2115. I bf til they were 14 months, they were tube fed for the first 2 weeks EBM, they had LOTS of trouble, and didnt bf properly til about 4 months, we had lactation consultants, day stays and a week stay is a parenting unit we had mastits x3 and cracked nipples, etc etc, but I am a stubborn wench and perservered ( my first so I had time to do so )

Thanks Tam & mumofbundlesofjoy,
    The information from the OB's had me thinking that a c/s was just about certain, so knowing that I can have a chance at a vaginal birth is great!
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I just thought I would write a post to say that I am still alive and well. Torin and Siobhan are doing well and have their 6 month check up next saturday. They are starting to need a lot more attention so with them and my 2 yr old I have little time to scratch myself let alone get on here. I have photos of them on my website if you are interested in looking.

We will be separating them in 2 weeks as they are still currently sharing a cot. I love watching them sleep as they hold hands and cuddle but they are getting too big to share now

I hope everyone else is well.

Clare

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Wonderwoman that has gone quick - congratulations on 6 months already -great they are doing so well.They sound so cute - I want to sleep mine together - do you sleep them side by side in cot ?

I have a question for twin mums -might sound silly but how did you know you were in labour was springing a leak the first sign , contractions or what other signs ?

Don't get excited not that I have anything I am worried about - but I am told 50% of twins arrive before 37-38 wks anyway.

Vanita - you are amazing to have persevered with BF

Karlo- welcome - I am having c/s because both babies are breech but it what I preferred anyway. I am planning to b/f

With two of my labours the first signs were a massive woosh of waters ( no little leak, it was a huge gush) On the third it was contractions regularly.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

thanks Vanita - knowing makes me better prepared ... better leave the plastic on seats when we get new car :eek: and put plastic drawsheet /something under the mattress too ?

I heard amniotic fluid ruins upholstery /fabric ?

The OB never said that about waters breaking. How long after water breaking did contractions start ? and babies were born ?
    How much time did you have to get to hospital ?
    My last pregnancy :angel2: Charlotte was tiny @26wks - and I was induced - So I had contractions first and after waters broke in whoosh - she was maybe born 5 mins later.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast