Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #3

Contractions with the twins didnt start for a few hrs, and were very mild. They put up the drip, to speed things up as they were 33 weeks and they wanted them out, they were born 2 1/2 hrs after the contractions started.
    Contractions started straight away with #3 but she wasnt born for about 4 hrs ( and they emerg csec'd her as she was diagonal) but if properly positioned I would think would have been quick as she was 36 weeks, and I was having minutely cx.
    had cx first with #4 and he took about 8 hrs ( was term and 4625 gm)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby~amore`
    Wonderwoman that has gone quick - congratulations on 6 months already -great they are doing so well.They sound so cute - I want to sleep mine together - do you sleep them side by side in cot ?
    I have slept them side by side since the first day they came home. SIDS tell you to put them head to head so they can't pull covers over each other etc... but I thought if they are going to share they will want to see each other not placed head to head. That was just my opinion though. I have had no problems though.

Hi Everyone,

I am still here!!! I am doing well and so are the twins. They are great babies and I am finding it a piece of cake so far! I am just a lot busier than I ever have been so therefore posting on here is kept to a minimum!

I am finding that Jack sleeps between 3-5 hours at night and wakes ever so starving! (Must be a boy thang!) and Charlee sleeps between 4-6 hours. She is a tiny little thing still! They sleep together in the portacot in my room and at first we had them apart with rolled up cloth nappies in between them However this DID NOT work so now they are back to back, touching and they are so so happy like this! When one wakes the other doesnt even stir. I think we are pretty spoiled myself.

Anyway Jack is screaming for morning tea, so better go....

Love Kel

Trish, my first sign was a trickle of fluid. Then 2 hours latermy first contraction. I am just bumbed that I only got to 9cm beforethe emerg c/s wasperformed. I would have loved to continue vaginally, but oh well.

Clare good to see you are still about. These bubs sure take up a lot of time, hey???

ClareI don't know how you did it with both in the one cot, my2 have been in their own cot from day one. Way too active to share a cot.

Kel great to hear things are going so well!!!

Our babes are on solids now, rice ceral at night for the last week, but tonight they had their first dinner - pumpkin and now rice ceral will be in the morning. They are still having 5 bottles a day, only just starting on the solids.

Quite a few people have commented on them still being in the same cot. They are very active and will often smack each other in the head whilst sleeping but it never wakes the other up. If one is crying it doesn't wake the other as well, which is fantastic.

They are certainly taking up more time now that they are rolling ARGGGHHHH!!! What with them rolling and a 2 yr old to control there is very little time for me to even scratch myself.

Siobhan is on solids every night now (rice cereal mixed with a fruit of some sort) but Torin isn't interested yet but I do try to give him some every other night to get him used to it.

Well they have been moved but it all went well, they both slept through like normal YAY!!

tiggy Guest

Oh Clare,
    Are you sad?
    It's another milestone, isn't it?
    I was so sad when my two didn't sleep together anymore.
    Hugs to you and so glad they slept through

We ended up having to move them a little earlier than planned as Torin is sleeping quite lightly at the moment due to an injury he sustained on Tuesday, every time Siobhan moved or poked him he would wake up.

So far so good. I will let you all know after a week how it is all going!!!

Ohhh Clare...... I am so glad that you were able to have them together at all, my 2 wanted their own space from day 1.

motherduck Guest

hello everyone,
    this is motherduck Not sure how to do all this message stuff only just got the net,
    Im currently 16 weeks along with twins,we also have a 14 year old girl named Dell and a 2 year old named Cassie so it looks like ill have my hands full by the end of the year wont this be a xmas to remember.

motherduck Guest

Default motherduck

hello everone,
    not sure how to do thus stuff, just got the net,its good to find a forum to talk to other mothers that are expecting, or that have the experiance of having twins,we are 16 weeks along and have two other children a 14 year girl old named dell and 2 year old girl named cassie,so we wouldnt mind a boy or two this time round, all I can say is its going to be an interesting xmas this year,wellthats all for now.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

welcome Mother duck ... congratulations on your twins - are you finding out what flavour when you have your morphology scan. Goodluck !

I am 35weeks with fraternal twin boys and have 13yr son and an angel baby girl who passed away when I was 26wks pregnant Sept 2004.

hello Mother duck, welcome I have identical twin girls nearly 8, and a nearly 3 yr old, and a nearly one yr old. feel free to ask any questions, or express how you are feeling, we like to chat!!!

Welcome motherduck. I am a twin mum to a boy and girl, 6months old.

motherduck Guest

HI,
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me, compaired to a singlton preg how much more movement do you get? And is it normal to be more emotional or become more irritable?
    It feels like Ive had PMS for the last two weeks.

It is very normal, for ALL pg symptoms to be doubled, as for movement I liken it to a can of worms, I found the movement was intense and constant.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I have to agree on the can of worms - constant and intense movement now LOL - still very reassuring for me. I would also describe it as like putting a cat in a bag ...

I have been okay emotionally thru pregnancy but last few days I feel more irritable.I think it's lack of decent comfortable sleep too.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast