Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #3

the only way I slept whilst pg with the twins was in a bean bag, and Dh used to put hot packs on assorted achy spots!!

becca Guest

Hi Claire
    This is my first time looking on this site and I saw your message. the one thing u need to always remember is that if it's working for u and the kids are happy, do it. My boys are 4 and I'm only thinking now of trying again, I don't know how u do it with a toddler and twins. My boys were 31 weekers (Matty 1110g & Lachlan 1476g) and did it tough in the beginning but are so healthy now. I slept them in separate cots but they have pretty much always shared a room. Alot of the time when I go in to pull up their covers I'll find they r in the same bed. They are not good sleepers and never have been. But if they are sleeping in a bed with someone else eg- each other, me or nanna they will sleep all night because they have that closeness. Everyone always gave me advice but I didn't know anyone that had twins, so what worked for them having one, didn't for me having 2. It's great this is here. Keep smiling.

Bec

tiggy Guest

Trish's boys are here!!!!
    See the birth announcements!

What?????????

motherduck Guest

HI.
    Due to hjave next scan on the 13th july hope to find out what flavour then, I am hopeing
    to find a little man in thier but not to bothered, havent got much blue after the last one. Oh well only 11 more sleeps till then.
    Do any of you have pets that act differently when when your pg my dog wont leave me alone but when look at him he gives me evils he knows we are pg im sure.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hi everyone - Samuel & Joel my precious little boys are finally home ... and I am loving it !

Welcome Becca

Motherduck how did your scan go ? what are you having ?

I posted above on 30th June
    I feel more irritable.I think it's lack of decent comfortable sleep too.
    I developed obstetric cholestatis -which is more common in multiple pregnancies and ended up at hospital that night and was admitted as they decided the boys needed to born earlier @35wks 4days ... I was okay except for intense itching but there is a risk of still birth and other nasties.

They were born by c/s the next day and apart from suctioning and oxygen at birth were fine. They spent 3 days in NICU and we were transfered to our local hospital and stayed in SCN for 16 <long> days. They were well but had to establish feeding. It was so dragged out though ...

Happy to say they are home and we are all over the moon. Samuel is b/f and Joel only taking bottle feeds atm ... he got too fond of the easy teat sucking. He is still only 2.4 kg and has such a little mouth - probably bit harder for him too. Still it is EBM so I not too concerned.

Samuel & Joel have been sleeping together since day 3 - in twin crib which was so cute and now in their cot.

missdis_4 Guest

Hi everyone... I am new to this site and have come in search of help. I am 23weeks with twins and this is my first pregnancy.
    Can anyone suggest a way of relieving the pain I have under my ribs??
    Thanks, Emma

motherduck Guest

hi ladies,
    Looks like we are getting our little man (Twin B ) The other one wasn't very forth comming ( hid the bits) But from what the scan showed twin A is a girl we will find out for sure at the next scan on the 6th sep. Every thing seems to be going fine plodding along or should I say waddeling along niecely.
    Hello to Emma and welcome looks like we are due aroud the same time.

Bye for now Jean.

Twinsmum Guest

Good work and Congratulations Jean & Family......How exciting, cant wait to hear the confirmation after your next scan...

Missdis_4 - SOrry no rememdy from me, just get into different sitting positions. Its hard work carrying twins so try to rest as much as you can lovie

Trish - How are Samuel & Joel going? They look so adorable in your pic!!

Haylie

Hi All,

Missdis, I remember that awful feeling under your ribs. I honestly cant say there is much you can do. Like the heartburn and the morning sickness I think its just a metter of riding it out. Just try to move around a bit. It does help to move the babies into a better more comfortable position for you. take care and do rest up.

Jean, congratulations one of each!!! arent you so clever!!! Wow, a ready made family!!! No need to have any more kids now!!! Sorry, I just wanted you to get used to that!!! Its all you will hear from now on! Every man and his mother will say all that to you.!!! But seriously, from a mum of boy/ girl twins, congratulations. They are so precious and will change your life so wonderfully. Mine are 3 months and I just adore them both. Take it easy and I hope all is well with you.

Trish, how are things with you and your sweet baby boys?? I agree with Haylie, they are very very cute!!!

Hi haylie, I hope Hayden and Brooklen are not causing too much chaos for you!!!

Take care everyone

Love Kel

[B]Name: Marisa
    Conceived: Identical twin boys
    Gestation: Currently 16 weeks
    Names & Ages:

welcome Marisa and congratulations on twins -hope the pain eases for you.

thanks Kel - how are Charli & Jack ?

Samuel & Joel are doing well gaining weight and fairly settled except for nighttime and the odd day.I am loving it.

Getting out by myself (into the car) is very time consuming but I do enjoy it. I did go to ECHC the other day but the Comm Nurse offered home visits again and I am going to do most likely.

I can't wait to get to AMBA meetings and meet other twin mums.

Trish, I have been putting a shirt of mine next to both Jack and Charlee and they now sleep from 9 pm to 6 am. It must just settle them being able to smell me. Try it for the boys. It may help, it may not.

Well after an absence of about 4 months I have returned. I went through a very bad patch after Torin's injury back in June and was accused of all sorts and went into a slight depression. Everything is fantastic now and we are all happier than ever.

Torin and Siobhan are sleeping 7pm-8:30am every night, very rarely waking in that time. Torin and Siobhan are pulling themselves up on anything and everything. Siobhan is trying to walk which is keeping me busy, especially since my 2 yr old is trying to 'help' her. She also uses any pice of furniture she can get to move as a walker, which can be funny to watch. Torin just sits back and takes it all in. He doesn't seem that interested in walking at the moment but I am sure that once Siobhan starts he wont be far behind.

Last week Torin and Siobhan both started CC on Thursdays so I now have one day a week to myself. It was good but weird. All the housework was done by lunch time and then I felt lost as I had no children to feed or play with, so I had a nanna nap lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Clare

tiggy Guest

Clare,
    Welcome back!
    Sounds as though you have been through a really rough patch.
    That sucks that you were accused of things because of an accident.
    I'm so sorry that you have struggled with PND (still struggling in this house somedays). Glad to hear though that things are on the up and that your gorgeous ones are busy and on the move. I bet they are cute!
    I can understand the weird feeling of having no kids. DH and I went away for our wedding anniversary and I couldn't sleep because it was too quiet! LOL.
    Nice to hear you got a nanna nap though!

Welcome back Clare -

Hey does anyone have any really pet peeves from things other multiple parents do, ( that you would NEVER consider??) I know some mums hate the dress alike thing, I met a twins mum who the whole time I spoke to her just kept talking about "oh my twins this, my twins that" never used their names, or spoke of her older child ( this wasnt at a twin function) and at Dion's swimming lessons we have parents of twins, whom I have never seen with any baby other than their same sex one ( mum always has daughter, father always has son)this is during, before and after the lessons, my DH and I used to swop so we could both have special time with each child, we have always called them the girls, and now they are the big girls,

what about you guys??? Any what cheeses you off sentiments ( or is it just me LOL)

Default Prams

Hi All,
    I am after some info on prams. I went and had a look at prams yesterday and came home totally confused. I thoughtt that I was going to buy the Valco twin runabout, but it seemed complex to pack up. I then looked at the hil & teds E3 and it seemed alot easier to pack up.
    Has any one got any of the above or any advice or comments on either of these?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated .
    From a very confused twin mum to be!!!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast