Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #3

I just joined my local multiple birth assoc. group and can't wait for our first meeting. I'm sure it will freak me out to see all of these twins and higher multiples.

I have a question for those of you who are bottle feeding. Do you make your bottles for the day ie in the morning or do you do it as you go? I make them in the morning or the evening before (approx 12) and my arms get so sore mixing the bottles, does anyone have any handy tips or suggestions?

Sorry I cant help you out there, I Bf mine til 14 mths, I think my Gf with twins used to make it up in a jug, using a bamix to mix it at night ( they were on diff formula's as one had reflux ) so she had a big jug with their name on it in the fridge, and would just pour it intl the bottle as needed.

good on you for joining amba, in those early days its a lifesaver ( well a brain saver anyway ) someone at amba might have another idea on the bottle situation.

Tiggy,
    I just look at your scrapbook and I think it is fantastic. I'm going to give it a go, hopefully mine looks as good as yours.

tiggy Guest

Hey Briony!
    Welcome to BB!
    I Bottle fed my first two. We would just make up the bottles for the 24 hour period first thing in the morning then put them in the fridge for the day. Really easy (so long as you don't lose count with the scoops)! My handy tip is; get someone else to do it!!! LOLOLOL! Or like Vanita said, you could just make up a jug of formula, just whisk it really well.

i did feed at a time as I was using EBM. As soon as one feed was done, i would get the next one ready to go.
    HTH
    Good on you for joing your local amba group. they were my lifesaver and my sanity. Real girls living real situations, and not just a brag fest which I found my mothers group to be.
    For example Question " How was your week?"
    Mothers group: Great my slept all night and was an angel
    TWin group mums: Crap, the kids are driving me crazy!!!

Need I say more!!!!
    Odette

tiggy Guest

LOLOLOLOL!!!!
    So true Odette!

LOL. I only started my mothers group two weeks ago and I'm finding it informative but I am the only one with twins so they can't relate and I keep getting "oh I don't know how you do it with two." Or I get the feeling that they feel pitty towards me. I don't need pitty or sympathy-at least I don't have to go through pregnancy & labour again to get a second child-that deserves sympathy. LOL.
    G&T are my first so I don't know any different but I don't find it that hard, except for tonight....they don't like going to bed. I'm sure the secretly speak to each other in their twin language or mental telepathy and take it in turns in screaming, and talking in angry jibberish (sounds Chinese) expressing their annoyance about being in bed. This goes on for about an hour between the two. It is funny for about 10min then gets tiresome! Fortunately they don't wake each other.
    Thanks for the tips with the formula. I really wanted to continue breast feeding but it was getting hard because they wanted food, NOW and I was still learning and alone most of the time so I couldn't spend the time teaching myself and them to do it and it was stressful for all three of us. I was expressing for approx 6wks but that was also getting tiring. Plus their reflux was so bad they were chucking it all up.
    Well done to you Venita for being able to do it for that long, I am envious.

I have G&T in the cot together and they don't disturb each other, I was wondering at what ages did you move them into their own cots or is there some reason safety wise they should be in their own cot?

Oh I have another question for those of you with Identicals. Do you always know who is who? I can tell now because Teagan is smaller than Gemma but she is catching up and it is getting harder. Also a bonus is Gemma has a strawberry birth mark on the top of her head-that helps her Dad. But once they get bigger can you always tell?

I say yes - except when half asleep, one of my girls has a strawberry mark on her shoulder blade, so you need to partially undress to check, but I will be honest we bought little bangles, and one wore it on her left hand, the other on her right, but DH and I didnt often need that, more friends and family. I have trouble in photos now though, so make sure you write on the back of them, I get some out and am not too sure.
    Now at 8 they have different hair cuts ( as in grade 1 they didnt want to be twins anymore ) so one has waist length hair one shoulder length - but some people still ask ( which one has the short hair):eek:

Time to lock this thread now, new one is HERE!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789